The East Fife Thread

9 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

We can only hope that there is at least 1 worse team than us this season as we slowly head down the table. We knew that this season was going to be another slog, as signing a bunch of untested kids and hoping to unearth a gem is not the strategy to be successful.

The recruitment over the last 2 seasons has been terrible and we deserve to be where we are. The new manager has a massive job on their hands, otherwise it’s off to Lowland League we go and I highly doubt that we will return.

You have hit the nail on the head the recruitment has been nothing short of criminal over the last 2 years. I’d go as far as to say another disaster in January and we are doomed. I’m surprised how many fans are still turning up as the product on display for £ 18 is day light robbery. We are miles of it and you would struggle to see what any new coach could do with the tools he’s going to have at his disposal. 

Any prospective manager watching yesterday would instantly withdraw their application.

What a mess East Fife  are in.Somehow we had a good start and amassed a decent number of points.Thar was the time to get experienced players in .Yes there aren’t as many about as normal but even a couple of journeymen would have helped.

Instead we sign untried 18 year olds.There was little criticism of the youngsters yesterday,there are 2 or 3 very talented ones.

This slump is not a surprise and frankly no manager is going to be able to make any great improvement till the next transfer window.

There has been a massive misjudgement of what is needed at Board and previous manager level.

10 hours ago, Granty1903 said:

Just because the chairman’s on holiday doesn’t mean we can’t appoint a new manager 

Totally  agree ffs it's a 24 hour communication  society that's even reached Methil.  Waiting on a bloody chairman returning from holiday is more about arrogance than wanting what's best for supporters and club.  Supporters paying the dearest prices division deserve more

The rumour yesterday was supposedly that was an attacking formation.Two shots on target and one a penalty.The substitutions should you not take your worst two players off.Healy was playing ok as was pat.How did Trouten remain on the field for 90 mins he was way of the pace.The feeling seems to be that the board will go through the interviews and give the job to Greig McDonald.On his games in charge I would say he is not the answer.The players are already falling out with one and other.We need a good professional who has played at a good level and can attract better players in and have their respect.

I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if they give Greig McDonald the job as it is the cheap option. The current direction the board are taking the club has to be questioned we are in free fall. Any fan who witnessed that yesterday must have very grave concerns regarding our long term league status. We only have Kieran Miller and Connor McManus out who have any real experience at this level. There was a gap of 30 yards between a lone striker and his nearest midfield player for long spells in that game yesterday, if that’s an attacking line up god help us if we get negative.The opposition in the last 2 games have been decent for this level with a batch of seasoned professionals and I’m sure Stennie and Stirling Albion will be in the top 4 but they certainly highlighted our weaknesses.

Yesterday was dire no mistake there. Is McDonald the man I am not sure 

We have a signed left back, yes another youngster and a left back on loan two of them on the bench every week does nothing for them but we still carry on with Murdoch at LB and every time needs to turn to put it on his right drop Mercer who is just going through the motions. 
Trouten was absent second half but stayed on, Shepherd was not getting anything 

I agree the manager needs to be someone with experience and not frightened to make decisions and to demand 100% of everyone 

if I paid at the gate yesterday I would not be coming back 

10 hours ago, flyfifer48 said:

Totally  agree ffs it's a 24 hour communication  society that's even reached Methil.  Waiting on a bloody chairman returning from holiday is more about arrogance than wanting what's best for supporters and club.  Supporters paying the dearest prices division deserve more

Nero fiddles while Rome burns

I wasn't really sure what to make of Rabin Omar at the Sons. At the start he looked really useful; he was incredibly fit and motored up and down the right hand side all game, looking like he'd cause issues - and he wouldn't really shirk a challenge. Which is unusual for a winger. He scored a good goal against Falkirk and I fancied him to become a right handy player for us.

Then came that crazy run of games on a Sat/Tue/Thu/Sat, which also coincided with Ramadan. It was a huge ask for any player, let alone a guy who hadn't eaten all day. I'm sure I remember him saying he lost about five or six kilos during that time, and he didn't really make much of an impression. By the time the end of the season came, he went back to Morton and nobody really noticed.

It doesn't seem like things worked out at all well for him at Stirling Albion or back at Elgin. And I'm not entirely convinced his best position is a winger either. But if it isn't then I'm not sure what he actually is. A slightly rash full-back? A combative centre-mid? A wing-back who is fine going both ways? Who knows.

He seemed a nice guy when he was at the Rock, and I'll always have a fair bit of respect for that squad given the crazy fixture list they faced. So good luck to him at Bayview. I hope it works out for him.