The East Fife Thread

18 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

Yeahbut Gallagher's injured isn't he? Finger operation?

He is injured, must be 6 months since or happened, so seems he's needing an op that he's out this long. 

I believe we've been trying to get a loanee in, but struggling, as parent clubs want guarantees on playing time. 

10 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

Hows sam denham doing?. Lovely kid and in my opinion good footballer who could potentially go back up levels.

Playing very well. I'm off the opinion  both Sam and Aaron  Steele our centre backs both have the capability to play at higher levels. They are getting their chance at East Fife to develop and they are taking it

10 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

He is injured, must be 6 months since or happened, so seems he's needing an op that he's out this long. 

I believe we've been trying to get a loanee in, but struggling, as parent clubs want guarantees on playing time. 

Gallacher has had his finger operation and should be back in training soon. I’m in no doubt that we will be going with Fleming as first choice , Gallacher as second choice. The 20’s keeper is only 16/17 so should not be pitched into any league game at his age and experience although we did do it last year with Liam Campbell at Cove but he was let go at end of last season.

In response to another post, Sam Dunham is a real find and is doing very well with Aaron Steele in centre of defence. Wouldn’t be surprised if he gets another shot at a higher level.

With regard to last night's game,I thought that there a lot of positives.For me both Denham and Steele are proving to be a formidable partnership, and are both still teenagers.If I was the manager,I would be offering the 2 players a longer term contract.

Mikey Cunningham and Jack Healey both had their best games for EF and earned their right to be in the pool of players.

Joao Balde was the player of the match and will definitely play at a higher level.

As others have said,EF is definitely the club to come to ,to be given a chance.

I feel we definitely need experienced cover at Central defence and probably centre forward ,whilst allowing the younger players to develop in the under 20's as opposed to being bench fillers. 

1 hour ago, sammytroot said:

With regard to last night's game,I thought that there a lot of positives.For me both Denham and Steele are proving to be a formidable partnership, and are both still teenagers.If I was the manager,I would be offering the 2 players a longer term contract.

Couldn't agree more, get this done. 

I'm guessing they've played together before whilst at St Johnstone & although new to us, not entirely strangers to one another. 

8 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Next round of the tournament formerly know as the Challenge cup sees the introducion of all the 'Big(er) guns' & international teams.

A wee trip to either of the Belfast teams would be nice, please.

Yeah, would love a wee visit to the north of the emerald Isle. The game might actually take place this time. 

Feed the Trout with a pint of stout etc

• 2 weeks later...

I think yesterdays found us out badly. We play the ball along the back line well enough but there is no outlet other to hoist it up the park. We lack a midfielder to take the ball off the back three and burst forward with it to feed forwards. We do not have height up front to be hoisting it up the park from the back although Shepherd tries hard to get underneath it but generally lacks support. Th first goal at Stranraer, the Dumbarton goal and the shot that hit the post soon after all came from the right back position so I would suggest that a back three isn’t working. We really did not look like scoring yesterday after we went behind. All in all yesterdays game was one of the worst I have sat through from a footballing point of view.

42 minutes ago, WhoAmI said:

I think yesterdays found us out badly. We play the ball along the back line well enough but there is no outlet other to hoist it up the park. We lack a midfielder to take the ball off the back three and burst forward with it to feed forwards. We do not have height up front to be hoisting it up the park from the back although Shepherd tries hard to get underneath it but generally lacks support. Th first goal at Stranraer, the Dumbarton goal and the shot that hit the post soon after all came from the right back position so I would suggest that a back three isn’t working. We really did not look like scoring yesterday after we went behind. All in all yesterdays game was one of the worst I have sat through from a footballing point of view.

Not sure if it was just our extra legs at the end or desperation but we seemed to be able to win the ball back with Ryan Shiavone in the middle. I thought his battling gave the others a wee lift. But in the end Sons dealt with it.  Not sure what Craw can do to make us more of a threat in final third. 

16 hours ago, Follow the Fife said:

Not sure if it was just our extra legs at the end or desperation but we seemed to be able to win the ball back with Ryan Shiavone in the middle. I thought his battling gave the others a wee lift. But in the end Sons dealt with it.  Not sure what Craw can do to make us more of a threat in final third. 

Yeh agree that our options are limited, and also agree that Schiavone gave us a little bit more dig but really didn’t look like scoring. Could do with a couple more signings but are the right players out there.

A proven, experienced goal scorer is a must, we are creating chances that such a player would thrive on, perhaps a loan deal with somebody who has fallen out of favour at his Club perhaps???
IMG_1662391269.557107.thumb.jpg.f86955774f1677cd0abb97a4b4d8a6bf.jpg

4 hours ago, King Kebab said:

A proven, experienced goal scorer is a must, we are creating chances that such a player would thrive on, perhaps a loan deal with somebody who has fallen out of favour at his Club perhaps???
IMG_1662391269.557107.thumb.jpg.f86955774f1677cd0abb97a4b4d8a6bf.jpg

Go on Stevie bring him home just exactly what we’re needing.