The East Fife Thread

Can someone from the club explain why the free season tickets for the community club members are only for sitting at the far end of the stadium? I took my daughter to the Bonnyrigg match where a number of the kids with their parents had to sit at the opposite end of the stadium from the rest of the home support where the limited atmosphere is. On the occasions where there's a bad tempered match I can't imagine kids will feel comfortable sitting in a small group on the other side of the away supporters. I appreciate the gesture of the free season tickets but it feels like every decision the club has made recently is leaving fans scratching their heads at what's going on in the boards' heads. 

25 minutes ago, WhoAmI said:

Surely it makes sense to keep all the community club’s kids together and the only place for this is at the away end where away team support do not require a large section.

I could see that being suitable if a couple of coaches were bringing a hundred kids with them and needed them together to supervise them, but they only get free entry with a paying adult so they're all coming separately with their parent(s). 

7 hours ago, DIB said:

I could see that being suitable if a couple of coaches were bringing a hundred kids with them and needed them together to supervise them, but they only get free entry with a paying adult so they're all coming separately with their parent(s). 

Still think it’s an unnecessary poke at the board when they are trying to do something positive in the community. Damned if they do, damned if they don’t.

I've no idea why saying I appreciate a gesture and asking a clarifying question for something I'd like to know for a valid reason is being interpreted as having a go at the board . Of course its a good thing offering them free tickets. I was just wondering the reasoning behind why she has to sit at the opposite end of the stadium from the home support. We used to always go and meet friends and relatives in the home end and now if I take my daughter with her season ticket; we can't. 

Edited by DIB

On 18/08/2022 at 14:30, WhoAmI said:

Surely it makes sense to keep all the community club’s kids together and the only place for this is at the away end where away team support do not require a large section.

Home support kids in the away end ? 😬 FFS 

I’m hoping we can copy our semi final success in this cup but great victory at home to kids and seen the likes of Sam martin score his first goal in the first team! least there’s light at end of tunnel now than it was three/four months ago amongst fans and we can get excited about….

who do we get in r3 or is it still to be drawn? Least we can use this cup and Scottish cup for cup runs now….let’s not get carried away Stranraer away then Dumbarton at home!!

29 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Ordinarily I wouldnt include this cup, but 3 wins & 3 clean sheets in a row is fantastic. Wouldn't bank on any more signings.

Without getting carried away, happy with things so far.

Need another goalie surely?

16 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

Need another goalie surely?

Did you not see Lindsay Hamilton’s save in the 2nd Half??? 

31 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Did we let Liam Campbell go at the end of the season? 

I wouldn't be surprised if we went with Fleming, Gallagher & our youngster stepping up from the youth team when required.

Yeahbut Gallagher's injured isn't he? Finger operation?