The East Fife Thread

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

It's not always about the bottom line. Sometimes clubs need to concede a bit of income for the sake of goodwill and keeping supporters happy. There's only so long your "diehards" will continue to "donate" their season ticket money if they feel they're being exploited, and at 18 quid a game for 4th tier football that's exactly what they're doing. You can say the club will die of folk don't pay it, perhaps the club should have considered that when setting the price. You can't shift blame onto stay away fans here. 

Totally agree with The Moonster about £18. The true supporters rallied round contributing to a go fund me page during lockdown and are rewarded with an extortionate hike in prices. The chairman tries to justify the hike by reeling off running costs of the the club, well all clubs are in the same boat there, and he also tries to justify the hike by saying that prices haven’t risen for a few seasons and will probably stay at this level for a few seasons to come. Perhaps a minimal increase year on year would have been easier to swallow than a hike of said magnitude.Anyway hope they don’t stay the same in coming seasons to come cos who knows what league we will be in??????

Guest AberhillEnd
7 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

I went to see a match on the south bank of the Forth and enjoyed my trip out to Dunbar. Good chance there was more fans  from Bonnyrigg than fly Fifers at the game. I certainly enjoyed my Saturday night beers.

The kind of football that the Rose play was good enough to beat your mob and keep us unbeaten after 2 league games and top of the League.

See you at NDP later in the season and we will have a special entrance price of £18 just for you.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

If i want to visit a junior ground i'll go watch Kennoway star Hearts

Barmy stuff from sirscottyoung good to see absolutely no one else agrees with him.

He's exactly the type of happy clapper your board want through the door. Willing to be bent over at any cost as 'it's fur the gid eh the club". The exact same club who have zero regard for their fans evidently.

There has still been zero official communication that I am aware of from your club as to why your priceds are so high. I think that shows what they think of you. You're making up the shortfall for how poorly they have managed the club financially.

Theres a difference between happy clapper and turning my back on my club. 

I too moaned when the prices came out, i collated a table of every other club in spfl prices and sent this to the board. The fact that taking out every clubs prices in all bottom 3 divisions was less apart from dunfermline and another 1 or 2 if i remember right was mad. Ross county was cheaper and for an extra fiver i could have got a hearts season ticket. 

However i have paid the price as the justification at the Q and A as to why the prices had to go up made me realise why they had to go up. Im sure if you search on our website you will come across a watered down version of the q and a. 

I do fully agree that alot more can be done at the club to bring the money in to help negate the extra pressure going onto the fans but im sure ive told the club that on numerous occasions too. As a fan though im doing my bit by trying to make the club as competitive as possible. 

9 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

The below is copied from the whatsapp group. 

500 patg fans @£18 total £9000

500 patg fans@£15 total £7500.

To produce the same gate revenue you need to bring in another 100 fans increase attendance by 20%.

No chance the price being 3 quid cheaper makes 100 more fans come? They didnt last year or the years before covid so why now? 

There's no way we're getting 500 full price PATG on a typical week though. Of our average crowd, you're probably talking about more than half being made up of season ticket holders or concessions. So that 500 is probably closer to 250-300.

And say you compare it to £16, rather than £15. Hardly anybody would be up in arms about that.

250 PATG@£18 = £4500
250 PATG@£16 = £4000

So now you only need 31 extra fans @£16 to generate the same revenue. And when you add in potential lost extras like pre-match pints, pies, programs, etc, it doesn't look so unlikely that the higher price could end up making less revenue for a typical game.

1 hour ago, sirscottyoung said:

Theres a difference between happy clapper and turning my back on my club. 

I too moaned when the prices came out, i collated a table of every other club in spfl prices and sent this to the board. The fact that taking out every clubs prices in all bottom 3 divisions was less apart from dunfermline and another 1 or 2 if i remember right was mad. Ross county was cheaper and for an extra fiver i could have got a hearts season ticket. 

However i have paid the price as the justification at the Q and A as to why the prices had to go up made me realise why they had to go up. Im sure if you search on our website you will come across a watered down version of the q and a. 

I do fully agree that alot more can be done at the club to bring the money in to help negate the extra pressure going onto the fans but im sure ive told the club that on numerous occasions too. As a fan though im doing my bit by trying to make the club as competitive as possible. 

As much as I think you're a sound fella Scott, I find it difficult to back you on this one. I don't think supporters, whether it be our own or other clubs, are at fault here and fully understand the negativity surrounding the pricing. The board have made a significant f**k up with their pricing structure and the fact there has been zero communication from them as to why, speaks volumes. It's downright embarrassing to be honest. One of the board is on this very forum so they know exactly what public opinion is. The pricing structure just doesn't make sense given where we are at present. They need to grow some balls and either explain why or revert back to a price that reflects where we are at present.

They (the board) are either very naïve or there's more going on at the club that we are aware of. If they think that hiking the prices up is the answer to any financial problems the club may (or may not) have, then there's no doubt that will come back and bite them hard on the arse fairly soon. 

Fans will vote with their feet. It's clearly a matter of principle and they are absolutely correct in doing so. It's fine saying follow your team through thick and thin etc. but the price has to reflect the league we are in. We're not any better than any other club in this league, far from it.  It's a bit of a catch 22 for East Fife at present. They have increased pricing for a product that is pretty sore on the eyes which is a stupid decision as crowds will reduce regardless of pricing given where we are. If they think that hiking the prices up will reduce the deficit then we should be looking to install a new board as this shower are clueless.

If I were a betting man, I'd put money on the club backtracking and prices being reduced fairly soon coupled with the usual minimalistic statement from "I'm the big man" Stevenson. If I'm wrong then we're in for a long hard season.

I'm not convinced Crawford is up to the task in hand either but if his hands are tied financially then who are we to judge? He can only work with the tools he's got. I'm sure he's a decent fella but as a famous pundit once said, "you can't win anything with kids". Time will tell. 

3 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

If I were a betting man, I'd put money on the club backtracking and prices being reduced fairly soon coupled with the usual minimalistic statement from "I'm the big man" Stevenson. If I'm wrong then we're in for a long hard season.

Unfortunately such a move would create another Catch 22 as you're going to have angry season ticket holders who would then be paying more than walk-up punters over the course of the season.

Although I think that hiking up the entry prices was a bad decision what I would say is that If any of the guys who are saying that there was not a cheep out of the club for the hike, had bothered to go to the club’s open day there was a question and answer firstly with the manager and then the chairman and other members of the board who tried to justify the price hike. I believe that a resume of that q and a session was posted on the website for people who didn’t go.

14 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Unfortunately such a move would create another Catch 22 as you're going to have angry season ticket holders who would then be paying more than walk-up punters over the course of the season.

I was thinking more pay at the gate but yes, get your point.

2 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

As much as I think you're a sound fella Scott, I find it difficult to back you on this one. I don't think supporters, whether it be our own or other clubs, are at fault here and fully understand the negativity surrounding the pricing. The board have made a significant f**k up with their pricing structure and the fact there has been zero communication from them as to why, speaks volumes. It's downright embarrassing to be honest. One of the board is on this very forum so they know exactly what public opinion is. The pricing structure just doesn't make sense given where we are at present. They need to grow some balls and either explain why or revert back to a price that reflects where we are at present.

They (the board) are either very naïve or there's more going on at the club that we are aware of. If they think that hiking the prices up is the answer to any financial problems the club may (or may not) have, then there's no doubt that will come back and bite them hard on the arse fairly soon. 

Fans will vote with their feet. It's clearly a matter of principle and they are absolutely correct in doing so. It's fine saying follow your team through thick and thin etc. but the price has to reflect the league we are in. We're not any better than any other club in this league, far from it.  It's a bit of a catch 22 for East Fife at present. They have increased pricing for a product that is pretty sore on the eyes which is a stupid decision as crowds will reduce regardless of pricing given where we are. If they think that hiking the prices up will reduce the deficit then we should be looking to install a new board as this shower are clueless.

I'm not convinced Crawford is up to the task in hand either but if his hands are tied financially then who are we to judge? He can only work with the tools he's got. I'm sure he's a decent fella but as a famous pundit once said, "you can't win anything with kids". Time will tell. 

Thanks pal. They did though, it was at the q and a.

Link here Summary of Q&A - Saturday 16th July 2022

https://eastfifefc.info/latest-news/1167-summary-of-q-a-saturday-16th-july-2022

I can sense an arrogant hike of class here nevermind prices. 

Some fans struggle financially and simply can't afford it anymore. 2 home games a month taking the kids and getting them fed and watered plus fuel etc can easily push to 100 quid. Simply asking people to make it happen is arrogant to say the least. My excuse is whether I have they kind of fund at that date of the month really. We certainly had the crowds, good sales on our stunning strips etc but yet to hear 1 decent excuse for the price rise. We're clearly spending alot less on wages. I feel sorry for the fans who finally bit the bullet but then had to endure 90 mins of kids being bullied. Really sad times at the club.

16 minutes ago, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:

Some fans struggle financially and simply can't afford it anymore. 2 home games a month taking the kids and getting them fed and watered plus fuel etc can easily push to 100 quid.

Absolutely spot on GoldenNuggets, spot on. It’s a very overlooked point and it’s over looked by some supporters as well. 

Truth of the matter is, with the cost of everything going up, mainly fuel, I’ll not be near Elgin, Annan & Stranraer this year, and will be at less Away games in the central belt than I’ve ever been…..and I’m probably regarded as someone who is in a relatively high paid job.

It’s scary times and it really can’t go on, something will have to give somewhere and to many, with the price and then the product, it’ll be going to East Fife. 

3 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Absolutely spot on GoldenNuggets, spot on. It’s a very overlooked point and it’s over looked by some supporters as well. 

Truth of the matter is, with the cost of everything going up, mainly fuel, I’ll not be near Elgin, Annan & Stranraer this year, and will be at less Away games in the central belt than I’ve ever been…..and I’m probably regarded as someone who is in a relatively high paid job.

It’s scary times and it really can’t go on, something will have to give somewhere and to many, with the price and then the product, it’ll be going to East Fife. 

I am just surprised that I am the first to mention it. A trip to Elgin would be easily 70 quid fuel for me. If we had signed some quality signings then it's a different story. Our signings are clearly scraping the barrel stuff and still no evidence of said price increase. I have never seen a team bully us like Bonnyrigg did. Embarrassing, not from our younger players but from the people running the club. Sorry times ahead. 

4 hours ago, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:

I can sense an arrogant hike of class here nevermind prices. 

Some fans struggle financially and simply can't afford it anymore. 2 home games a month taking the kids and getting them fed and watered plus fuel etc can easily push to 100 quid. Simply asking people to make it happen is arrogant to say the least. My excuse is whether I have they kind of fund at that date of the month really. We certainly had the crowds, good sales on our stunning strips etc but yet to hear 1 decent excuse for the price rise. We're clearly spending alot less on wages. I feel sorry for the fans who finally bit the bullet but then had to endure 90 mins of kids being bullied. Really sad times at the club.

To be totally fair i too didnt think of that part so to everyone i am sorry. 

I still 100% agree the price rise was wrong but as the board said at the Q and A their overheads have gone up too. 

The main comments that brought my probably ill advised rant was the ones turning their back on the home games over £3 but going to the away games we play instead which will cost alot more overall. 

Its everyone's own money and they can spend it how they like, i just personally feel that i dont mind paying the extra £3 every fortnight if it means that the board have more to play with when sorting the playing budget for the manager etc. 

5 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

To be totally fair i too didnt think of that part so to everyone i am sorry. 

I still 100% agree the price rise was wrong but as the board said at the Q and A their overheads have gone up too. 

The main comments that brought my probably ill advised rant was the ones turning their back on the home games over £3 but going to the away games we play instead which will cost alot more overall. 

Its everyone's own money and they can spend it how they like, i just personally feel that i dont mind paying the extra £3 every fortnight if it means that the board have more to play with when sorting the playing budget for the manager etc. 

Fair credit to you.

23 hours ago, tazz1903 said:

As an East Fife fan for over 40 years, i was keen to come back to games after a 10 year absence due to work, but £18 is way to much for me, sadly i wont be back 🙁

22 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Can i ask what would be the price you would pay? 

I would pay £10  as £18 is not affordable to me