The East Fife Thread

Going by a few posts in the EF v Bonnyrigg thread from other team fans re price of entry to games at Bayview, I think we will be looking at a sparse away end at most league games this season. Why don’t the powers that be at Bayview just come out and admit that they have shot themselves in the foot in this instance. I for one haven’t renewed my season ticket this season.

1 hour ago, WhoAmI said:

Going by a few posts in the EF v Bonnyrigg thread from other team fans re price of entry to games at Bayview, I think we will be looking at a sparse away end at most league games this season. 

I can categorically state that on both occasions you host Stirling, the away end will be 3 less than it would have been normally, as I'll not be there with my crew. There's absolutely no way I am paying that price for football at this level. 3 match day tickets, 2 pies, 1 sausage roll, 2 juice, 1 coffee, 3 packs of crisps, 2 match day programmes, £6 in Half Time draw tickets and the price of an enamel pin badge on 1 of those trips for my son, will be lost to your club on both occasions. 

Maybe paying for 1, people will grin and bare it and just pay it, but those that have to pay for more........farcical.

Edited by BB_Bino

On 31/07/2022 at 18:07, Cosmic Joe said:

Wow! 

I was not expecting 12 Fifers to be in the squad. 

Perhaps the club are doing something right. Credit where credit is due! 

Surely this is a sign of the times rather than an intentional recruitment policy? I’m not sure why a club would want to limit their potential talent pool.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

I can categorically state that on both occasions you host Stirling, the away end will be 3 less than it would have been normally, as I'll not be there with my crew. There's absolutely no way I am paying that price for football at this level. 3 match day tickets, 2 pies, 1 sausage roll, 2 juice, 1 coffee, 3 packs of crisps, 2 match day programmes, £6 in Half Time draw tickets and the price of an enamel pin badge on 1 of those trips for my son, will be lost to your club on both occasions. 

Maybe paying for 1, people will grin and bare it and just pay it, but those that have to pay for more........farcical.

Don't blame you. 

4 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Yep. Will be very difficult to work out how much we gain or lose through our pricing this season but I suspect we'll actually lose revenue through it. Mind boggling decision.

6 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Fair play, I did the same for Alloa games last season and didn’t bother with the stream because of the ridiculous pricing.

Don’t think there will be many PAYG home fans in attendance either.

At least the office staff will not be too busy selling tickets to them pesky punters, which is what the social media feed is requesting 

The club’s decision to increase the ticket sales is embarrassing and I can’t blame anyone for refusing to go. The club have shot themselves in the foot, and shows how out of touch they are in trying to attract new supporters.

All the fannies posting "£18 i wont be back" etc.

You do realise that the club does need all our money to run. The more of us that go to all the home games then the more money the club has to use for players and to improve the club.

Without you all its just going to get worse...

35 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

You do realise that the club does need all our money to run. The more of us that go to all the home games then the more money the club has to use for players and to improve the club.

I would imagine after today’s result there will be even less home fans paying the exorbitant entrance price.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

54 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

I'm sure I saw somewhere the crowd was 674 today.

Is that not an increase on last season's average?

Guest AberhillEnd
16 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

I would imagine after today’s result there will be even less home fans paying the exorbitant entrance price.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Does that please you ?  

You seem to have a strange fixation.  A good few away fans turned up today, you didnt.

If that's the kind of football they enjoy good on them.

4 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

All clubs need money to function, and if people are willing to pay extortionate prices to go to Bayview through blind loyalty then fair enough. I don’t live in Scotland anymore but charging £18 is taking the piss and exploiting the fans and I would certainly not be going every week.

I worry about the board’s plan for the future of the club. Increasing the tickets is just a short term solution. The support is dwindling what are we doing to attract new supporters? Methil is in one of Scotland’s most deprived areas so we should be doing all we can to encourage the local community to get behind the club as much as possible. The argument of lowering ticket prices wouldn’t attract new supporters argument doesn’t wash with me. What was that based on? Increasing the prices certainly hasn’t made the squad better either. 

We are in a battle not to finish bottom this season and when we go on a losing run, I fear what the crowds will be then. 

11 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Calling fellow supporters “fannies” is hardly helping matters.

1 hour ago, sneed hearn said:

Calling fellow supporters “fannies” is hardly helping matters.

The fannies know who they are. 

They are the ones that comment on every post moaning at the price doing their best to encourage people not to pay the price as they arent and they have been going for x amount of years and have put x amount into the club. Forgetting that others have been for years and are also putting money into the club. 

At this level your season ticket is essentially a donation to fund the club and in return they let you into all the games. Theres no money man to fund it. Theres no waiting list for a season ticket or a game. Theres no full houses to worry about. Its just money to help the board budget for the upcoming season. The more they get the bigger the budget available. 

The difference between the 15pg and the 18pg is 20p a day between matches. Not alot in the fairness of things but if it helps your team be more competitive in a league of everyone being much the same then surely the more people to pay it the better. 

The below is copied from the whatsapp group. 

500 patg fans @£18 total £9000

500 patg fans@£15 total £7500.

To produce the same gate revenue you need to bring in another 100 fans increase attendance by 20%.

No chance the price being 3 quid cheaper makes 100 more fans come? They didnt last year or the years before covid so why now? 

13 hours ago, AberhillEnd said:

Does that please you ?  

You seem to have a strange fixation.  A good few away fans turned up today, you didnt.

If that's the kind of football they enjoy good on them.

I went to see a match on the south bank of the Forth and enjoyed my trip out to Dunbar. Good chance there was more fans  from Bonnyrigg than fly Fifers at the game. I certainly enjoyed my Saturday night beers.

The kind of football that the Rose play was good enough to beat your mob and keep us unbeaten after 2 league games and top of the League.

See you at NDP later in the season and we will have a special entrance price of £18 just for you.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

58 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

They are the ones that comment on every post moaning at the price doing their best to encourage people not to pay the price as they arent and they have been going for x amount of years and have put x amount into the club. Forgetting that others have been for years and are also putting money into the club. 

At this level your season ticket is essentially a donation to fund the club and in return they let you into all the games. Theres no money man to fund it. Theres no waiting list for a season ticket or a game. Theres no full houses to worry about. Its just money to help the board budget for the upcoming season. The more they get the bigger the budget available. 

The difference between the 15pg and the 18pg is 20p a day between matches. Not alot in the fairness of things but if it helps your team be more competitive in a league of everyone being much the same then surely the more people to pay it the better. 

To produce the same gate revenue you need to bring in another 100 fans increase attendance by 20%.

No chance the price being 3 quid cheaper makes 100 more fans come? They didnt last year or the years before covid so why now? 

It's not always about the bottom line. Sometimes clubs need to concede a bit of income for the sake of goodwill and keeping supporters happy. There's only so long your "diehards" will continue to "donate" their season ticket money if they feel they're being exploited, and at 18 quid a game for 4th tier football that's exactly what they're doing. You can say the club will die of folk don't pay it, perhaps the club should have considered that when setting the price. You can't shift blame onto stay away fans here. 

5 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

This is a horrendous attitude to have in my opinion