The East Fife Thread

10 hours ago, Paco said:

Kyle Connell guys? Any good?

Iain Murray had him on loan at Airdrie before he came to us. Raw, stuck on his own up front own much of the time last season in a team struggling, always looking to be involved and to flick the ball on, but too often isolated. A decent football brain. Worth taking a punt on at Championship level. Have you guys actually signed him, or is he just a loan, as I think he may need time to settle in at his level, rather than be one that hits the ground running.

Check out the cracker he scored in our 4-2 home win over Cove, if you want to see him at his best!

3 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Iain Murray had him on loan at Airdrie before he came to us. Raw, stuck on his own up front own much of the time last season in a team struggling, always looking to be involved and to flick the ball on, but too often isolated. A decent football brain. Worth taking a punt on at Championship level. Have you guys actually signed him, or is he just a loan, as I think he may need time to settle in at his level, rather than be one that hits the ground running.

Check out the cracker he scored in our 4-2 home win over Cove, if you want to see him at his best!

On loan until January, seen a couple of his goals for you boys, looks to have a bit of potential but agree will take him a bit of time to settle in, hoping we create more chances in games than you guys did ( no offence meant) 

On 23/07/2022 at 18:18, AberhillEnd said:

Did you honestly expect us to be able to compete with a top 6 premiership side that gets £100ks thrown at them each season ?

I think it's clear to see from the 2 games against equally matched opposition that we should be able to hold our own this season without threatening the top places while our younger players gain valuable experience.

We are still a bit light but I don't think we are equally matched with East Fife. Alloa East Fife was a dreadful game of football and by some distance the worst performance of our League Cup campaign. We did much better in the next three games and outplayed Ross County for a fair chunk of our only defeat. I really wouldn't base too much on the game against us, it was more like a friendly, and a shite one at that. 

Your squad doesn't like great but if you can keep Trouts fit enough and get him behind the strikers then that alone will give you a good shot at staying out of trouble, he showed again in his fleeting appearances last season that he is still an absolutely class act when he is fit to play. 

Guest AberhillEnd
2 minutes ago, Waspie said:

We are still a bit light but I don't think we are equally matched with East Fife. Alloa East Fife was a dreadful game of football and by some distance the worst performance of our League Cup campaign. We did much better in the next three games and outplayed Ross County for a fair chunk of our only defeat. I really wouldn't base too much on the game against us, it was more like a friendly, and a shite one at that. 

The fact Alloa, Buckie and ourselves are part-time, this is what I was meaning.

The trouble is that Civil Service Strollers,Spartans,Hill O Beath,Cowdenbeath, and Buckie Thistle are also part-time. Did EF outplay these teams?

The directors have set out their stall.

There will be 14/15 youngsters at Elgin tomorrow.Are they of a calibre to maintain the club within this league. I hope do for the good of the club.

Time will tell.

On 28/07/2022 at 00:10, 7 Eleven said:

Also, if you think individual players were being over-paid then you probably haven’t been paying enough attention. The figure for the highest paid player has already been discussed in public, albeit only his weekly wage and not appearance fees and signing on fees (which never seem to be taken into account when fans discuss recruitment budgets). 

This is the kind of nonsense that concerns me. I realise that you are not culpable, but would you want your supposed wage broadcasted on social media?

There is a lot of speculation surrounding budgets and wages. This kind of information, like it or not, is always going to remain confidential. 

8 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

This is the kind of nonsense that concerns me. I realise that you are not culpable, but would you want your supposed wage broadcasted on social media?

There is a lot of speculation surrounding budgets and wages. This kind of information, like it or not, is always going to remain confidential. 

100% agree with you. Loose lips sink ships and all that.

32 minutes ago, AberhillEnd said:

The fact Alloa, Buckie and ourselves are part-time, this is what I was meaning.

Part-time is a broad umbrella and doesn't necessarily equate to evenly matched. We competed well with the two full-time sides in the group too, as did plenty of part-time teams in other groups. Early days, but I'd be rather concerned about losing 7-0 to a County side who are very much a work in progress and who hadn't impressed in the other games they played. 

Edited by Waspie