The East Fife Thread

23 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

68D5D539-F590-4E60-9424-334A83DA5964.jpeg

Since Newcastle loaded and we never got anything from Dowds, Agnew or Watson I want a fee and sell on clauses if anyone takes one of our three goalies left. Least we can use the money on bringing players in or do up the stadium.

Be great if we got something akin to what Spurs gave us for Steven Ferguson, do up the stadium and strengthen the team!

Interesting reading on our website from the Q&A session, Still looking to bring in 3 players, hope it's forwards!

Guest AberhillEnd

Well that was painful afternoon watching the results coming in , as i said before though we shouldn't be judging ourselves on the games v Pars & county but on Alloa & Buckie.

Only hope the young lads didn't get confidence dented too much.

Onwards to next week and Elgin.

Just back home from the game. I thought the lads did reasonably well considering they were playing a team 3 divisions above EF, who are full time and have a great set up in Dingwall. Ross County's forward line was exceptional - power and pace and well supported from the midfield areas. The EF defence struggled against it but never gave in. 

It was a game that realistically EF were never going to take anything from but the idiot in the EF end calling for Crawford to get sacked needs to have a word with himself. I have watched all the games this season and have attended a fair amount of training sessions but I think Crawford will do OK this season as I can see an improvement each game.

I'm not an EF fan/supporter but my son is one of the U20's who has been involved in the first team squad this season. 

I think it’s clear to see that this season is going to be yet another struggle. The squad on paper doesn’t look much better than last season and unless we can bring in some quality loan signings I fear we could be sleepwalking to the Lowland League.

I’m all for giving young players an opportunity but they need help too.

With the poor recruitment this summer, I think Crawford might already be under a bit of pressure if we start the season slowly bearing in mind we have other relegation candidates in Elgin and Albion Rovers within the first 3 weeks.

Guest AberhillEnd
17 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

I think it’s clear to see that this season is going to be yet another struggle. The squad on paper doesn’t look much better than last season and unless we can bring in some quality loan signings I fear we could be sleepwalking to the Lowland League.

I’m all for giving young players an opportunity but they need help too.

With the poor recruitment this summer, I think Crawford might already be under a bit of pressure if we start the season slowly bearing in mind we have other relegation candidates in Elgin and Albion Rovers within the first 3 weeks.

Did you honestly expect us to be able to compete with a top 6 premiership side that gets £100ks thrown at them each season ?

I think it's clear to see from the 2 games against equally matched opposition that we should be able to hold our own this season without threatening the top places while our younger players gain valuable experience.

2 minutes ago, AberhillEnd said:

Did you honestly expect us to be able to compete with a top 6 premiership side that gets £100ks thrown at them each season ?

I think it's clear to see from the 2 games against equally matched opposition that we should be able to hold our own this season without threatening the top places while our younger players gain valuable experience.

I so disagree. Compete is one thing, no shots on goal, 7-0 nil drubbing that could easily  of been 10+ is another thing.

Today we  had clips of our win up at Dundee Utd, we also could of easily beat Ross County when we played  up there  around  that time,a premier league team. We also beat Hearts a premier league team and others in leagues above us. 

The hard reality  is we had a similar budget then and we are so under performing now under the same budget. Crawford is not good enough. He has cleansed the dressing room of the old guard, who we got frustrated at them not making the play- offs in league 1. ( King Kev scores a wonder goal vs Hibs and again today- no one will tell me he is not better than we have).Just returned from Dingwall, probably over depressed but overriding feeling is”  How we have fallen. So far?”.

Who is to blame? Yes our shareholding doesnt  help but Directors are inevitably responsible here. They have been guardians over our  demise! Good people, but  sorry that is irrelevant. Surely time for them to step aside for others with Fresh ideas to come forward. If not I fear our decline will be terminal.

As I said long journey but We are so bad…..

8 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

I so disagree. Compete is one thing, no shots on goal, 7-0 nil drubbing that could easily  of been 10+ is another thing.

Today we  had clips of our win up at Dundee Utd, we also could of easily beat Ross County when we played  up there  around  that time,a premier league team. We also beat Hearts a premier league team and others in leagues above us. 

The hard reality  is we had a similar budget then and we are so under performing now under the same budget. Crawford is not good enough. He has cleansed the dressing room of the old guard, who we got frustrated at them not making the play- offs in league 1. ( King Kev scores a wonder goal vs Hibs and again today- no one will tell me he is not better than we have).Just returned from Dingwall, probably over depressed but overriding feeling is”  How we have fallen. So far?”.

Who is to blame? Yes our shareholding doesnt  help but Directors are inevitably responsible here. They have been guardians over our  demise! Good people, but  sorry that is irrelevant. Surely time for them to step aside for others with Fresh ideas to come forward. If not I fear our decline will be terminal.

As I said long journey but We are so bad…..

I agree with the above comments.Football managers are judged on results. I have not seen any improvement in results or performance since Mr Crawford came in.I was at Dingwall the last time we played them not that long ago and that mature squad could compete this squad doesn’t.

8 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Just returned from Dingwall, probably over depressed but overriding feeling is”  How we have fallen. So far?”.

When you look at it logically plenty of people seen this demise coming as early as the start of last season, if not the end of the previous season. Some have jumped ship, some have moved sideways and others have stayed hidden in the shadows. 

This team is an injury crisis away from being in real serious trouble. Unfortunately these young players don’t have the luxury of time to gain valuable playing experience. If they don’t hit the ground running straight away in the league then any confidence will quickly evaporate and people will feel the pressure. 

Clubs should always have ‘if’ ‘then’ plans in place, so hopefully obvious lessons will have been learned from last season by all involved. 

1 hour ago, AberhillEnd said:

Bollocks of a statement,totally embarrassing today,get a grip man 

3 hours ago, AberhillEnd said:

Win? No. 
Compete? Yes.

We shouldn’t be getting humiliated by a mid ranked Premier League side. 

2 hours ago, Fifer4Life said:

Rory McAllister transfer listed at Cove could we maybe try see if he wants to come in for a season and get us the goals we need

He was born in Aberdeen, but I’m not sure if he still lives in Aberdeen. However, he has never played for a club further south than Brechin and has never entertained an offer from a club in the central belt before. There is absolutely nothing wrong with suggesting transfer targets or even asking if he’d be interested, but there is a little bit more to it than a player becoming available let’s make an offer.

2 hours ago, sbrandon111 said:

Adam Rooney is looking for a club, last at Solihull Moors. He’s 34 now but no idea how much he would have been on per week at Solihull.

I would rather have leigh Griffiths, he's lookin for a club & he's just 31.

Be close to home for him, especially with us training in Edinburgh! 

7 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

I would rather have leigh Griffiths, he's lookin for a club & he's just 31.

Be close to home for him, especially with us training in Edinburgh! 

Was speaking to a friend of Crawford's yesterday. According to him Crawford doesn't have much of a budget to play with. Begs the question why is the club in such a perilous state? I appreciate Darren Young's time was up but equally, why replace him with someone, who to be honest looks to be just as vulnerable?