The East Fife Thread

4 hours ago, AberhillEnd said:

Watched Crawford's after match interview, don't quite understand this bit

"Our go to this season is, if they boys know what they’re doing out of possession, then you can try to cut teams open with your forward play."

Reminds me a bit like “see what happens sort of thing” but I thought the game vs Dunfermline once trouten and Shiavone was subbed off we looked more defensive and they got their two goals.

On 07/07/2022 at 21:23, sammytroot said:

Agree with your comments and concerns.

3 years ago this month,EF went to Tannadice and beat Dundee United 2 -0 in one of the best performances I have witnessed from an EF team in recent years.

At the testimonial ,I was heartened by the large local support.

For Saturday's game v Dunfermline ,looks like EF fans are voting with their feet.Unless there is a last minute surge,there will be an extremely low home turnout.

Unfortunately there appear to be problems at ownership,BOD,and perhaps managerial levels within the club with the prices of Season Tickets turning fans away from the club.

Could be a combination of a lot of things.

Could it be either of below?

• Crawford is utterly clueless?
  • There's more going on behind the scenes that we are unaware of?
  • We're broke?
  • The board are incompetent?
  • The masterplan is to be relegated again?

I'm not suggesting either of above is true. I'm like most folk who are baffled at the way the last year or two has panned out, but it's not looking good from the outside. I don't understand sacking Young and replacing him with someone who appears to be equally inept at managing a football team. Early days though so Crawford 100% does deserve a shot at it.

Either way, we're probably playing at our level which is quite sad on reflection and a less appealing way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

Edited by Stevo Fife

On 11/07/2022 at 16:04, AberhillEnd said:

Watched Crawford's after match interview, don't quite understand this bit

"Our go to this season is, if they boys know what they’re doing out of possession, then you can try to cut teams open with your forward play."

It suggests that they have spent all pre-season working on defensive shape when the opposition has got the ball (deep and compact probably) and that they will look to counter attack when they win it back. 

Guest AberhillEnd
14 minutes ago, 7 Eleven said:

It suggests that they have spent all pre-season working on defensive shape when the opposition has got the ball (deep and compact probably) and that they will look to counter attack when they win it back. 

Yes, on reflection it does suggest that

Guest AberhillEnd
46 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

After a rocky start, I thought we played well tonight. Obviously still short of a creative midfielder and a dominant central defender, but a decent performance from the lads. 

I would have thought Steele was our dominant central defender ?

A much better and badly needed performance.Team put in 100%.

Thought Fleming was outstanding and the 2 young centre backs did well though Salmon’s physicality troubled them.Scott Mercer looked more like himself playing wide right midfield.

Scott Shepherd hasn’t had a great start but he was very good last night as the lone striker.

There is still a concern about goal scoring.We were unable to get any support up to Shepherd and if Trouten is going to be an injury risk we really 2 or 3 who can chip in with a few goals.

50 minutes ago, sneed hearn said:

A much better and badly needed performance.Team put in 100%.

Thought Fleming was outstanding and the 2 young centre backs did well though Salmon’s physicality troubled them.Scott Mercer looked more like himself playing wide right midfield.

Scott Shepherd hasn’t had a great start but he was very good last night as the lone striker.

There is still a concern about goal scoring.We were unable to get any support up to Shepherd and if Trouten is going to be an injury risk we really 2 or 3 who can chip in with a few goals.

What are your initial thoughts on young Williamson? He has many supporters at Alloa and has split the fans a bit on whether he should have stayed.  Far better than Church and more potential imo. 

Guest AberhillEnd
1 hour ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

What are your initial thoughts on young Williamson? He has many supporters at Alloa and has split the fans a bit on whether he should have stayed.  Far better than Church and more potential imo. 

I've seen him a few times in the friendlies and he can play a decent pass and has a desire to make forward runs, a good prospect and the type of player age wise Crawford is looking to build on.

8 hours ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

Church was dreadful at us. Williamson has been a stand out so far. 

On 13/07/2022 at 16:53, sirscottyoung said:

Church was dreadful at us. Williamson has been a stand out so far. 

I think both are similar and play on the left side, just average players.

anyways how did the Q&A go, did we make any further signings? Any plans on this season? or did we watch players train today.

how depressing is this season than the previous season.

9 hours ago, Tom Hagen said:

Surprisingly the £200k covid insurance money hasn’t been spent on strengthening the squad. The yearly balance sheets will make interesting reading as to where this has gone.

Gone to the insurance company. Was clearly stated at Q&A session we received zilch  

10 hours ago, Tom Hagen said:

Surprisingly the £200k covid insurance money hasn’t been spent on strengthening the squad. The yearly balance sheets will make interesting reading as to where this has gone.

The non existent 200k of covid insurance money?? 

Edited by sirscottyoung

The £200,000, if that's the money from James Anderson was to be help clubs meet the costs from covid testing & other associated costs through the pandemic, at a time when clubs were at risk of going to the wall due to no gate money, not to be used for player transfers, strengthening the squad etc. What happens with any surplus, I don't know. Does he get it back?

Our board was much lauded at the time for having the foresight of business interuption insurance, (one of only 2 clubs iirc which had this) which should've protected us from the costs of the pandemic, has this been paid yet?

Why would we be paying an insurance company £200,000?

1 hour ago, Life on Marrs? said:

The £200,000, if that's the money from James Anderson was to be help clubs meet the costs from covid testing & other associated costs through the pandemic, at a time when clubs were at risk of going to the wall due to no gate money, not to be used for player transfers, strengthening the squad etc. What happens with any surplus, I don't know. Does he get it back?

Our board was much lauded at the time for having the foresight of business interuption insurance, (one of only 2 clubs iirc which had this) which should've protected us from the costs of the pandemic, has this been paid yet?

Why would we be paying an insurance company £200,000?

The two clubs who had the insurance. Dundee got small amount.  East Fife with slightly different policy got nothing from business interruption insurance

4 hours ago, flyfifer48 said:

The two clubs who had the insurance. Dundee got small amount.  East Fife with slightly different policy got nothing from business interruption insurance

Note to directors: cancel that policy ASAP, waste of money!