The East Fife Thread

Agree with your comments and concerns.

3 years ago this month,EF went to Tannadice and beat Dundee United 2 -0 in one of the best performances I have witnessed from an EF team in recent years.

At the testimonial ,I was heartened by the large local support.

For Saturday's game v Dunfermline ,looks like EF fans are voting with their feet.Unless there is a last minute surge,there will be an extremely low home turnout.

Unfortunately there appear to be problems at ownership,BOD,and perhaps managerial levels within the club with the prices of Season Tickets turning fans away from the club.

Guest AberhillEnd
24 minutes ago, sammytroot said:

Unfortunately there appear to be problems at ownership,BOD,and perhaps managerial levels within the club 

Some pretty big accusations their. Apart from the ownership concerns, what evidence do you have of the rest ?

11 hours ago, AberhillEnd said:

Some pretty big accusations their. Apart from the ownership concerns, what evidence do you have of the rest ?

Some of the evidence probably comes from our results.How many games have we won under the current management.

6 hours ago, troy said:

Some of the evidence probably comes from our results.How many games have we won under the current management.

Alloa away is the only result apart from Saturday result v Cowdenbeath. With the betfred cup tomorrow you think we get a few more bodies through the door.

given we can only sign players local, wage budget etc we might have go with what we have which is bleak.

bored christopher walken GIF

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

Dunfermline were absolutely abysmal and yet we couldn’t lay a glove on them, they grew more into the game when they saw how bad we were but still they were there to be tested and we were incapable of doing that - pretty worrying!!!

The sad thing is that the EF team of two years ago would have put at least four past that Pars shower today, our fall from grace has been absolutely titanic!!!

Guest AberhillEnd
16 minutes ago, sneed hearn said:

Cannot understand how the Manager and the Board can watch that and not realise we are in real trouble.

Signing 18 or 19 year olds isn’t going to do it.

Can you point to the full-time teams in League 2 that we will be playing ?

I thought we matched them well in the first half, then got outmuscled in the second. We lost all threat when Shiavone came off, at least he was chasing balls down and making himself available. Murdoch should have been RB and Mercer LB, can’t get my head around that one. I thought Shepherd was poor today, might be down to lack of fitness but he contributed very little.

Guest AberhillEnd

Yes it does matter  if we are playing a team similar to ourselves.

I will defer judgment and wont throw hysterics until then

Today was a Derby regardless of anything. I don't think I have ever seen a Derby game where the home team didn't have a single shot. Our club is in such a bad way and Steve's plan is obviously to damage limitation this season. We seen it many times last year some defensively solid performances but nothing going forward. Will be there to support this year but not expecting much. I finally get the time off work but have to deal with this dross (not directed at younger players)

Edited by GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa

16 hours ago, fatdoug1938 said:

At least it doesn't cost £18 to watch defensive bore fests!! Wasn't there today but I really worry about how Crawford sets up a team

Crawford was the same with us. We had a back four but the two central midfielders were so deep, they were basically a 6 man defence. We then had nothing in the middle of the park and a loan striker running about chasing lost causes.  The football was turged under the Craw.

Guest AberhillEnd

Watched Crawford's after match interview, don't quite understand this bit

"Our go to this season is, if they boys know what they’re doing out of possession, then you can try to cut teams open with your forward play."