The East Fife Thread

Question is why anyone at the club allowed any individual to own 51% of the club.

The fact that Rankine effectively asset stripped the club by buying the land outside the stadium from the club at a discounted price only compounds the club's plight.

Guest AberhillEnd

I've heard the figure £300k mentioned. No idea if this is accurate but it's a hell of a lot of money for 51% of anything in Methil.

10 minutes ago, AberhillEnd said:

I've heard the figure £300k mentioned. No idea if this is accurate but it's a hell of a lot of money for 51% of anything in Methil.

I actually think it’s more than that he’s after!!!

2 hours ago, sammytroot said:

Question is why anyone at the club allowed any individual to own 51% of the club.

The fact that Rankine effectively asset stripped the club by buying the land outside the stadium from the club at a discounted price only compounds the club's plight.

I think it is a rhetorical question as you know the answer. If an answer was required it is contained in the last two words of your post.

Schiavone looked OK, he only really came into our team when went on a really dreadful run and he didn’t do a great deal to warrant us keeping him beyond January. His hold up play was decent but he only managed 1 goal in his time with us - against Sauchie in the cup. He didn’t look like an out and out striker IMO.

He was on loan with Gala Fairydean for the second half of last season but I’ve nae idea how he got on there.

Guest AberhillEnd

Thought the guys did ok today, was difficult to judge as Cowdenbeath were so bad. Schiavone looks a good acquisition and  you would think Williamson would be offered a contract. Would like to see a bit more hight up front though.

On 02/07/2022 at 13:35, Specky Ginger said:

Some people are saying Schiavone was listed as a trialist for Rovers last week, but others seem a tad doubtful as to whether it was him.

I think he's from the Lochgelly area.

He's from Dunfermline iirc. 

I think he's got the potential to be a decent player. He's big, strong, quick, decent in the air, deceptively skilful and hardworking. He's one of these strikers more likely to be "a handful" than a goalscorer though, if that makes sense? In fact I think if he was a wee bit shorter he'd probably be an attacking midfielder or a winger and not a centre-forward.

Guest AberhillEnd
33 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

He's from Dunfermline iirc. 

I think he's got the potential to be a decent player. He's big, strong, quick, decent in the air, deceptively skilful and hardworking. He's one of these strikers more likely to be "a handful" than a goalscorer though, if that makes sense? In fact I think if he was a wee bit shorter he'd probably be an attacking midfielder or a winger and not a centre-forward.

We intend to play him wide left by the looks of things

There is no doubt that there is great negativity at Bayview with genuine concerns amongst the fans about the direction the club is taking regarding the number of young players being contracted by the club , not being matched by older, more experienced players.

How refreshing therefore was it to attend last night,s match v Heart of Midlothian, attended by an excellent support for both sides, being Kevin Smith,s Testimonial 

I think the Organising Committee deserve great credit for the organisation of the event together with those who compiled the Match Day programme.

Kevin Smith is obviously well respected within the football fraternity and it was a pleasure to see him mix with the younger fans after his substitution.

He is about to commence his coaching badges and I am certain that he will be back at Bayview in a managerial capacity sometime in the future.

21 hours ago, sammytroot said:

There is no doubt that there is great negativity at Bayview with genuine concerns amongst the fans about the direction the club is taking regarding the number of young players being contracted by the club , not being matched by older, more experienced players.

How refreshing therefore was it to attend last night,s match v Heart of Midlothian, attended by an excellent support for both sides, being Kevin Smith,s Testimonial 

I think the Organising Committee deserve great credit for the organisation of the event together with those who compiled the Match Day programme.

Kevin Smith is obviously well respected within the football fraternity and it was a pleasure to see him mix with the younger fans after his substitution.

He is about to commence his coaching badges and I am certain that he will be back at Bayview in a managerial capacity sometime in the future.

Bought my season ticket again but not looking forward to some of our away trips or indeed the season.

Actually , for the first time ,in a very long   time , felt really depressed  after King Kevs testimonial this week. Nothing to do with The King , who has been a great and loyal servant to our club but kept thinking  that only a few short years ago, less than the fingers in one hand , our team would of been

long

Murdoch/Watson

Dunlop

Higgins

Meggatt/ Slattery

Dunsmore

Agnew

Davidson

Watt

Smith( Fit)/ Wallace

Dowds

Now  our current team could keep that team down to 5 goals, in the first half, and then a landslide would prevail. 

How far we have fallen in such a short time!’ No idea who to blame, ( but have my suspicions) but someone(s) are to blame, but not us the loyal and ever dwindling fanbase.

Aye sad times…..