The East Fife Thread

4 minutes ago, WhoAmI said:

And where can you find 3 or 4 decent players at this stage in the season surely anybody worth their salt will be snapped up by now. I will stand corrected if you can name anyone of note who would come into the available decent player category.

The next question would be what’s the manager been doing?The manager the board of directors wanted without an interview (supposedly)

Don’t read too much into friendly results, but we can certainly do with a bit of optimism going forward. I would imagine we will have a few loan players coming into the squad, as right now I can’t see us getting anywhere near top 4.

Stevie Crawford said after relegation was confirmed, that our stay in the basement league would be a brief one (I assumed he meant moving upwards!) and, in his words, he'd, "leave no stone unturned" in his quest to build a team to compete this season. Hopefully, there's 3 or 4 mulling over offers, or loan deals to come in, as, like last season, everyone can see this squad is nowhere good enough at the moment.

I think we could justify the higher prices, if we had a decent team on the park. Right now there's little to be optimistic about.

13 hours ago, flyfifer48 said:

I'm  sure there is a plan but I really am not seeing any evidence of it. Two games against  lower league  opposition  no semblance of a settled team no credible goalscorers  hope I'm wrong but may be a long season 

Why is there no info coming through regarding team selection especially from yesterday. There are some of us who just cannot travel to away games due to health reasons. The home game against Civil Service Strollers the whole team bar 2 trialists was changed at half time when the under 20,s were substitutes. I can see that it may be breaking in the first team for the new season so you won’t see any start of a settled team in these circumstances. As for yesterday the only thing I can take from team selection is that Scott Mercer was playing as one of only two tweets on the club website said he scored our goal.

14 hours ago, Spirit of the Mound said:

We'd need to be at top end of the championship to justify the prices they're asking. Absolute joke for this level of football.

This. The season ticket prices are nothing short of an absolute disgrace and simply cannot ever be justified. I actually hope the club get the message and that the sales are disastrous. 

Arguably the worst ground in the league, for atmosphere, for away days and match-day experience, lack of "quality" signings, mass exodus of key players, just been relegated and yet they charge those prices for season tickets? The board simply don't have a clue. 

I am currently, and have been for the past 4 weeks in Espana.

Apparently the starting line-up was:

Fleming 

Mercer, Denham, Slattery, Williamson 

Omar,Millar ,Walls,Newton 

Trouten, Shepherd .

Changes were made at halftime but no info.on what they were.

Missing at least from the starting lineup were Smith,Steele,Murdoch,Cunningham, Healy,and McManus.

5 hours ago, sammytroot said:

I am currently, and have been for the past 4 weeks in Espana.

Apparently the starting line-up was:

Fleming 

Mercer, Denham, Slattery, Williamson 

Omar,Millar ,Walls,Newton 

Trouten, Shepherd .

Changes were made at halftime but no info.on what they were.

Missing at least from the starting lineup were Smith,Steele,Murdoch,Cunningham, Healy,and McManus.

Smith, Murdoch Cunningham and Healy came on at half time with Slattery Omar Trouten coming off then about after an hour a wholesale change with 20’s with the above 4 staying on

With only 2 weeks until the start of the League Cup, we have signed:

A 38 year old goalkeeper
A 36 year old playmaker with injury worries (sounds familiar)
A striker, whom by all accounts doesn’t actually score goals
A centre half, who spent last season on loan at the worst club in the SPFL

Optimism is flooding through my veins.

Any word on the season ticket sales or are the board too embarrassed to release the figure?

13 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

With only 2 weeks until the start of the League Cup, we have signed:

A 38 year old goalkeeper
A 36 year old playmaker with injury worries (sounds familiar)
A striker, whom by all accounts doesn’t actually score goals
A centre half, who spent last season on loan at the worst club in the SPFL

Optimism is flooding through my veins.

Any word on the season ticket sales or are the board too embarrassed to release the figure?

With you there. And I know it's early days yet and that we've played against "weaker" opposition, but I think the new CB, Sam Denham looks like a good addition. 

Jesus just seen the price of your season tickets! What are your board thinking? £10 less than ours seems ridiculous in league 2.  I know most EF fans will pay it as at the end of the day as fans we’re all mug punters and the clubs know it but you’ll not bring any new fans at those prices. You’d expect to be high for league 2 having just dropped but that’s extortionate for the level of football. 
You expecting a bounce back up this season or a tough rebuild? Thought you looked decent pre Covid but the wheels seem to have come off since.  Wouldn’t read too much into preseason results we were hammered by Falkirk 2 seasons ago who then failed to make the playoffs while we finished 3rd in the Championship.  

Definitely a fan of your home shirt, it’s a belter more teams need a wee tartan top brings back memories of the Scotland top in Euro 96. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

Guest AberhillEnd
47 minutes ago, Neilly said:

That eye watering season ticket money going to good use with Rabin Omar on trial. 

It really isn't all adding up. East Fife look like a club in trouble from the outside looking in.

Mystery to most of us. Players moved on, wages must be available but here we are, don't have enough players to field a full bench in a friendly.

Either Crawford has a master plan or things are going on behind the scenes, no one really knows.

3 hours ago, AberhillEnd said:

Mystery to most of us. Players moved on, wages must be available but here we are, don't have enough players to field a full bench in a friendly.

Either Crawford has a master plan or things are going on behind the scenes, no one really knows.

I have to admit this is starting to annoy the f**k out of me.  If we are struggling to sign decent replacements for the players that everyone kept saying they wanted binned then surely those who claim to be in the know will have some idea as to why this is happening.   Also on a similar point, the in the know people keep saying that Jude Law is leaving, but if he is why isn't he already away, and why the f**k is he playing for us in our pre season games.  Surely if he is leaving then playing him in these games could be jepordising his 'big money' move.

Just noticed your season ticket prices for next season.

Last season was a pretty wild season for us so I probably took my eye off the rest of Scottish football, so apologies for not realising EF had been promoted to the Championship.

Seriously, I thought Queens Park and Cove were taking the piss with their pricing (they are) but Jesus F*ck, how can a League 2 club justify those prices?

As a comparison here are our prices for next season’s Championship. Granted, ours are probably the best in the league but still. Oh, and best of luck for next season.

FD72B369-4FE6-44E4-A4E0-4EB26A06132B.jpeg

This is when you really need a fans meeting with the manager and board to find out exactly what is going on. No bullshit just the facts and then you can gauge the lie of the land and if it is worth paying the overinflated price for a season ticket.