The East Fife Thread

Guest AberhillEnd

Thought the left back who seems to be Williamson showed some nice touches.

We are seriously lacking up front though, Cunningham wasn't their last night and we only had 1 striker Shepherd.

2 hours ago, troy said:

How did East Fife play last night and were their any trialists playing worth signing.

1st half; it was a mix of contracted players along with a few trialists. Stand out performance was the left back (Williamson) who was excellent and I would have him signed immediately right after the match. Also I was very impressed with the new CB Sam Denham. Seems to enjoy having the ball at his feet and is always looking to take the ball forward. Rabin Omar played on both wings who I thought was just OK. Takes a cracking corner but I wasn't overly impressed. I was surprised to find myself thinking that Liam Newton looked well of the pace and thought Brogan Walls looked more comfortable. And lastly, Scott Shephard shows signs of a hard-worker with a bit of pace about him but certainly not the strongest at holding the ball up which we're desperately lacking. Overall, we completely dominated in terms of possession but very, very little to show up front hence going into HT 0-0. 

Contracted players; Smith, Mercer, Steele, Millar all featured in the 1st half and they were all OK. They pretty much picked up where they left off last season. No sign of Gallacher, Slattery, Murdoch, McManus, Healy, Trouten. Although I heard Trouten was in the stands last night and returned from holiday only yesterday. 

2nd half; it was a mix of the same trialists and A LOT of the youngsters. I thought they started off really brightly, knocking the ball around nicely. The trialist that scored I believe was ex-EF player Lewis Baker's younger brother. Headed home from a corner. Not much else happened in the 2nd half other than the clumsy challenge in the last minute of the match to give them a penalty to equalise. Stand-out in the 2nd half for me was the player on the left wing with blue boots on. (Adam Mansouri?). If the youngsters want to feature in the senior squad next season then they're going to have to "beefen up" quickly. Looked more like an u13's squad at times.

Crawford needs to bring in a tall, physical, strong striker before the season kicks off. 

Guest AberhillEnd
27 minutes ago, monthefife said:

1st half; it was a mix of contracted players along with a few trialists. Stand out performance was the left back (Williamson) who was excellent and I would have him signed immediately right after the match. Also I was very impressed with the new CB Sam Denham. Seems to enjoy having the ball at his feet and is always looking to take the ball forward. Rabin Omar played on both wings who I thought was just OK. Takes a cracking corner but I wasn't overly impressed. I was surprised to find myself thinking that Liam Newton looked well of the pace and thought Brogan Walls looked more comfortable. And lastly, Scott Shephard shows signs of a hard-worker with a bit of pace about him but certainly not the strongest at holding the ball up which we're desperately lacking. Overall, we completely dominated in terms of possession but very, very little to show up front hence going into HT 0-0. 

Contracted players; Smith, Mercer, Steele, Millar all featured in the 1st half and they were all OK. They pretty much picked up where they left off last season. No sign of Gallacher, Slattery, Murdoch, McManus, Healy, Trouten. Although I heard Trouten was in the stands last night and returned from holiday only yesterday. 

2nd half; it was a mix of the same trialists and A LOT of the youngsters. I thought they started off really brightly, knocking the ball around nicely. The trialist that scored I believe was ex-EF player Lewis Baker's younger brother. Headed home from a corner. Not much else happened in the 2nd half other than the clumsy challenge in the last minute of the match to give them a penalty to equalise. Stand-out in the 2nd half for me was the player on the left wing with blue boots on. (Adam Mansouri?). If the youngsters want to feature in the senior squad next season then they're going to have to "beefen up" quickly. Looked more like an u13's squad at times.

Crawford needs to bring in a tall, physical, strong striker before the season kicks off. 

Trouten, Murdoch, McManus and Healey were going through a training session before the match.

Still think Jude number 1 in goals ahead of Fleming and Gal.
We seriously lack players in midfield and upfront. Did watch the game was impressed by Denham and the trialist from Alloa (Lucas Williamson?) left back player. I still think we need players with experience or from higher up the leagues to come in onloan to add what we have. 

On 11/06/2022 at 12:48, 1320Lichtie said:

Went bust the season after I am sure. My work mate was on the phone to Bobby while he was deciding between us and Ballingry and I was obviously like come to us etc etc and then he mentioned what Ballingry were paying guys (cash in hand too presumably) and it was absolutely wild 

Dunno if East Fife paid anything for Wallace though he just rejected a new deal with us and it was genuinely because he didn’t want to play in the Championship 

Probable reason he didn't want to go into the championship was because he thought Arbroath would have been cannon fodder!  Whatever the reason, I bet he regrets that he didn't stay with you?

3 hours ago, YoungersPaleAle said:

Probable reason he didn't want to go into the championship was because he thought Arbroath would have been cannon fodder!  Whatever the reason, I bet he regrets that he didn't stay with you?

We won L1 comfortably we were never gonna be cannon fodder. He just didn’t take his football that seriously and that’s fine. He was always heavier than any of our other players by a distance. Similar thing to Ryan McCord. McCord could’ve easily played at a high level but he just didn’t take football that serious. Not great professionals 

Bleading too many youngsters into the team at once could have a detrimental affect on them. Unless the youth team, is the 'class of '92' (which it's not), we really shouldn't be expecting any more than a couple at a time making the step up.

Also, looking at the squad at the moment, can't help but think, if we'd had last year's loanees, this year instead, namely the 2 Watsons, Pollock & Connell, we'd probably only be a striker away from a decent squad. 

Don’t accept that you can’t judge by preseason  friendly results.Everybody and their dog can see if East Fife don’t sign 3 or 4 decent players then there is a real chance of another disastrous season..The Board and Manager really have to step up.

24 minutes ago, sneed hearn said:

Don’t accept that you can’t judge by preseason  friendly results.Everybody and their dog can see if East Fife don’t sign 3 or 4 decent players then there is a real chance of another disastrous season..The Board and Manager really have to step up.

And where can you find 3 or 4 decent players at this stage in the season surely anybody worth their salt will be snapped up by now. I will stand corrected if you can name anyone of note who would come into the available decent player category.

20 minutes ago, sneed hearn said:

The above is correct ,our form is a continuation of last seasons results .Signing decent experienced players is a priority.