The East Fife Thread

Any word on season ticket sales? I see Stenhousemuir are selling adult season tickets at a bargain £180 and supporters can pay up £18 a month over 10 months.

A great example of how to treat fans and how to attract more. Our board on the other hand…

1 hour ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Any word on season ticket sales? I see Stenhousemuir are selling adult season tickets at a bargain £180 and supporters can pay up £18 a month over 10 months.

A great example of how to treat fans and how to attract more. Our board on the other hand…

I'd like to know as well. I would be surprised if it was anything more than 50-60 season ticket sales. Shambolic and frankly shameful pricing from the club. 

15 hours ago, WhoAmI said:

“Lack of information coming out of Bayview” 

Could it be that there is nothing to report, no new signings, nobody on contract left the club. First friendly game next Tuesday so far there is Shepherd, Fleming and Trouten to add to already contracted players minus Wallace of course. Quite a few under 20’s training with first team I hear. Still never mind might be a rash of big signings by the weekend (not).

Who and where are we playing? Fans (what's left of them) able to go and watch?

Guest AberhillEnd
32 minutes ago, monthefife said:

Who and where are we playing? Fans (what's left of them) able to go and watch?

Friendlies have been announced. Tuesday 21st home to CS Strollers.

Although there's been some bad decisions by our club at all levels lately, at least we've not gone down the Edinburgh City route. They've had to change their name & come up with 'FC Edinburgh'. If you didn't hate them before, now you will! 

A name chosen by a 14 year old surely! 

Edited by Life on Marrs?

4 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Although there's been some bad decisions by our club at all levels lately, at least we've not gone down the Edinburgh City route. They've had to change their name & come up with 'FC Edinburgh'. If you didn't hate them before, now you will! 

A name chosen by a 14 year old surely! 

You’ll not be saying that when it comes out that it’s in preparation for the inevitable Red Bull takeover, they then become Red Bull Edinburgh and start their slow but sure progress towards domestic domination and then Europe!!!

20 hours ago, AberhillEnd said:

Training took place at Bayview today, seems to have been busy with multiple age groups being involved.

This is the second week of training on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays!! I think that the under 20’s train at same times ( probably gonna need some of them to bolster the squad!!!!!!!  Got to be one of the worst close season for signings in a long time.

As for the season ticket prices, so much for donations, “go fund me” page etc as regards to loyalty and so on as we get hit with probably the highest prices in this division and higher than some in the divisions above. The higher ST price is certainly not reflected in the player signings although it probably will be in the attendance figures.??????

I really hope that the Board are not relying solely on season ticket sales to fund the player budget as my concern is that this will end up with the Board/owner pushing responsibility back onto supporters by saying we have the quality of players that the supporters/local area are willing to pay for, and if that is a lowland league standard then so be it.

Edited by fifer

1 hour ago, fifer said:

I really hope that the Board are not relying solely on season ticket sales to fund the player budget as my concern is that this will end up with the Board/owner pushing responsibility back onto supporters by saying we have the quality of players that the supporters/local area are willing to pay for, and if that is a lowland league standard then so be it.

I did hear a director say we have some great under 20s players who could play in the first team.

Where did our under 20s players finish in their league ? 

Guest AberhillEnd
2 hours ago, WhoAmI said:

This is the second week of training on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays!! I think that the under 20’s train at same times ( probably gonna need some of them to bolster the squad!!!!!!!  Got to be one of the worst close season for signings in a long time.

As for the season ticket prices, so much for donations, “go fund me” page etc as regards to loyalty and so on as we get hit with probably the highest prices in this division and higher than some in the divisions above. The higher ST price is certainly not reflected in the player signings although it probably will be in the attendance figures.??????

Was reported that Crawford had his budget before season tickets went on sale. They probably base it on last season's figures.

53 minutes ago, Another The Other Chairman said:

I think they finished mid-table. Are you going to make a point ?

With the inclusion of the under 20s in the first team will they be able to make any points?