The East Fife Thread

3 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

But Darvel, Kelty and cove will pay clubs like East Fife, Forfar etc for current players as would championship teams. That’s nothing much of archievement when was the last time east fife or Forfar spent money on players?  

We spent money on Bobby Barr 2 years ago. It was a terrible decision, but we still did it. Plenty of clubs at this level will pay nominal fees of between 1k-5k on occasion 

Bobby Linn had a year at Ballingry. Probably making about 30 grand for himself. Before signing for us 

More. I know 2 bit part players that were in that squad and they were making just short of that to get them from the League 2 clubs they were at and they said that Linn was on silly money compared to them.

I’m glad that he has gone, he isn’t the same player from 3-4 years ago and it has freed up some wages as well as removing someone who clearly didn’t want to play for us.

The squad needed a massive overhaul after last seasons shit show and we are doing it. If we had the choice of Trouten or Wallace, I’m taking Trouten every time.

36 minutes ago, sammytroot said:

The onus is now on Stevie Crawford to produce.

Absolutely, but getting Wallace out the club and freeing up some wages for a replacement is probably a bonus for Crawford.

Wallace should take a look at Kevin Smith - a guy who, had it not been for injury, would have had a full-time career at a much higher level. But, instead of wallowing or being bitter about it, he grafted hard and made the best of the situation he found himself in.

I think, from DYs time at the club, we were attempting to adopt an Arbroath-style continuation model to keep a core of players together and slowly/gradually add some around the fringes. It's clear that long term planning at our level isn't really about 2 year deals because players still have the power, they like the guarantee but will throw the toys out the pram when it suits.

It's obviously of no benefit to us to keep a player who doesn't want to be here but for those saying it's good for all parties, the whole point of a two year deal is that the player has security and so does the club so that if another team wants them they demand a fee.

Ryan Wallace appears to have behaved pretty terribly here. Look forward to his 4 goals against us this season.

9 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

I think, from DYs time at the club, we were attempting to adopt an Arbroath-style continuation model to keep a core of players together and slowly/gradually add some around the fringes. It's clear that long term planning at our level isn't really about 2 year deals because players still have the power, they like the guarantee but will throw the toys out the pram when it suits.

It's obviously of no benefit to us to keep a player who doesn't want to be here but for those sayings it's good for all parties, the whole point of a two year deal is that the player has security and so does the club so that if another team wants them they demand a fee.

Ryan Wallace appears to have behaved pretty terribly here. Look forward to his 4 goals against us this season.

The problem is that the club are contracted to pay £xxx while said player has to turn up at training and disrupt the dressing room. 

Best shot of him and save the £xxx and the disruption. 

The problem is that the club are contracted to pay £xxx while said player has to turn up at training and disrupt the dressing room. 
Best shot of him and save the £xxx and the disruption. 
Absolutely. The board deserves criticism for the past year and the ridiculous season ticket prices. I'm not sure what they're meant to do here though, other than learn that dishing out two year deals at part time level is a pointless endeavour.

Going by his social media; it looks like Wallace is having a good time reading this thread.

If he had put in the same effort on the pitch as he does on his Instagram then he might be playing at a higher level. 

Good riddance, although that means we now have him and McGeever to score a few in each game against us next season. 

Every contract offered represents a gamble for the club, some work out, others don't. I don't think we should stop offering 2 year deals on the back of this though. How do we ever expect to develop young players, or build a team, if we've to start from a clean slate every summer? Lower league football would just become (even more of) a merry go round of players wo dont give a shit, just going to who can offer the most.

Wallace was never the goalscorer he was for us second time around, a different type of player but, on his day a decent player at this level neverthe less. Sadly he'll now be remembered for his petulance & how he's left here. We'll never got to the bottom of what happened in the last year, Frozen out, fall outs, refusing to play, demanding a release, his wife, setting up a business, injury, were all reasons that seemed to come up. Bottom line is he just wanted out. Good riddance. 

That's another wage/space in the squad to be filled, still waiting to see what kind of player we're able to bring in, business has been slow on that front so far, Crawford, excite us!

15 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Going by his social media; it looks like Wallace is having a good time reading this thread.

If he had put in the same effort on the pitch as he does on his Instagram then he might be playing at a higher level. 

Good riddance, although that means we now have him and McGeever to score a few in each game against us next season. 

Just wait, Ryan Blair will probably come good when he faces us. At least we'll not be up against Calum Gallagher next year! 

On 12/06/2022 at 10:34, the snudge said:

Wallace, lads. Any good? Just signed for us

Well, putting bitterness to one side, there can be no doubt that he's still a reasonably capable player at this level. I'm sure he'll take this opportunity to re-set and start over again. 

But what I will say is, he's reached a point in his career where he will only play how HE wants to play with very little (if hardly any) regard or interest to what anyone else tells him. It's all about him, his attitude absolutely stinks and we'll be better off without him. Though it pains me to say, I'm already confident he'll score a couple against us next season. 

34 minutes ago, sammytroot said:

The lack of information coming out of Bayview is truly appalling.

“Lack of information coming out of Bayview” 

Could it be that there is nothing to report, no new signings, nobody on contract left the club. First friendly game next Tuesday so far there is Shepherd, Fleming and Trouten to add to already contracted players minus Wallace of course. Quite a few under 20’s training with first team I hear. Still never mind might be a rash of big signings by the weekend (not).