The East Fife Thread

On his day, Wallace is a very good player for this level but unfortunately last season was a disaster not only for him but the whole club. He was clearly not really interested so best get rid now during pre season as opposed to August again and leave us up the shitter.

I’m hoping with the free wages of Swanson, Smith and now Wallace we should be able to attract a few quality players now.

12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Daily Record suggesting he's heading our way, given he worked with our manager previously I'm hoping the right Ryan Wallace that turns up if its true. 

Any time I’ve seen him since he left us he was extremely chubby and nowhere near same player, and he was already a bit chubby at us

Last season was final straw for Wallace. Supporters backed him and huff and puff when things got hard no disrespect the guy has a part time job outside football but we need players who turn up to play for East Fife every Saturday and the odd cold night in coatbridge. So no bothered he’s left but when Wallace is on fire he’s a very good player. 

im hoping there’s more strikers added than what we have right now I’m looking at Cunningham and Shepherd that is frightening but never know.

Oh high early days yet I guess!

53 minutes ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Last season was final straw for Wallace. Supporters backed him and huff and puff when things got hard no disrespect the guy has a part time job outside football but we need players who turn up to play for East Fife every Saturday and the odd cold night in coatbridge. So no bothered he’s left but when Wallace is on fire he’s a very good player. 

im hoping there’s more strikers added than what we have right now I’m looking at Cunningham and Shepherd that is frightening but never know.

Oh high early days yet I guess!

Remember, we've also got, 'The Trout' he's a striker. 

Now that our numbers are actually reducing with the Wallace scenario, we could do with a shot in the arm and get a few really good signings. At the moment we are relying on a number of young guys from the under 20,s to make a decent squad number. They may be future prospects but we need a bit of quality to be around them and bring them on. Two of our three signings so far are Trouten, mid thirties, Fleming, mid to late thirties and Shepherd. These three need to be added to with a bit of quality for league 2 os I dread to think where we are headed.

2 minutes ago, Fifer4Life said:

Dumbarton should of been made to pay a hefty fee for Wallace instead of bowing to his pressure and ripping up the contract to move there on a free

If Wallace was so determined to get away, I would hope that the club would get Wallace himself to buy out his contract and not wait around for some team to buy him. Bin him as soon as possible. I would imagine that teammates will not be bothered as he continually looked like he was having a go at others around him!!!

6 minutes ago, Fifer4Life said:

Dumbarton should of been made to pay a hefty fee for Wallace instead of bowing to his pressure and ripping up the contract to move there on a free

Surely just any kind of fee. Even £5k or something. East Fife shat the bed and I don’t think Wallace will be a great loss. Sure we offered him a new deal when we went up and I just don’t think he could be bothered playing in the Championship, too much effort for him. Guys so lazy

Guest AberhillEnd
Just now, WhoAmI said:

If Wallace was so determined to get away, I would hope that the club would get Wallace himself to buy out his contract and not wait around for some team to buy him. Bin him as soon as possible. I would imagine that teammates will not be bothered as he continually looked like he was having a go at others around him!!!

Yeah the statement said "deal has been done" so we will never know what transpired to end his contract. 

Surely just happy to get the guy off the wage bill?

No one is paying a fee for a guy of his age and poor stats of recent years. A player from the outside who is on the decline and one of your higher earners you would think.

Why so much seethe regarding him?

Edited by Neilly

IMG_1654944663.400151.jpg
Released from East Fife yesterday!!!
IMG_1654944682.753703.jpg
Signs for Dumbarton today!!!
IMG_1654944721.129794.jpg
But is currently abroad on a Lad’s Holiday!!!
IMG_1654944879.626319.jpg

Guest AberhillEnd
2 minutes ago, Neilly said:

No one is paying a fee for a guy of his age and poor stats of recent years. A player from the outside who is on the decline and one of your higher earners you would think.

You make good points. I think their is a bond of trust in lower league football, we the fans give our money and we know/expect that while the guys that play may be limited in ability they give 100% effort.  Whenit is obvious to the fans that this trust has been broken, fans feel agrieved.

Guest AberhillEnd
3 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

IMG_1654944663.400151.jpg
Released from East Fife yesterday!!!
IMG_1654944682.753703.jpg
Signs for Dumbarton today!!!
IMG_1654944721.129794.jpg
But is currently abroad on a Lad’s Holiday!!!
IMG_1654944879.626319.jpg

The transfer window opened today...plot thickens

Depending on how you look at it I can't help feeling that our Board are being too nice or too weak, and other clubs are taking advantage.  Normally I do wish players well when they move on but stuff like this makes you hate how greedy and selfish football can be even at our level.

Edited by fifer

32 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Because he started the last two seasons good. last season he left for work commitments after he done pre-season he came back then went in another huff and we was in a much bigger hole as a team on the park never mind leaving, fans trust went out the window for an individual that the club had as goal scorer/striker we currently had tied down. No wonder fans, now the club have decided to part ways on a player that gave his all for east fife remember the time Bobby linn left for Arbroath.

We probably see last of him in an east fife top.