The East Fife Thread

Guest AberhillEnd
11 minutes ago, Fifer4Life said:

Lack of signings is starting to become a real concern as we look like being left behind again like last summer

Would of thought we might of heard some news on signings yesterday

Hopefully we will see a few this week

12 minutes ago, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:

Either Wiki is wrong or he never played a single game for Alloa last season and they weren't much better than us.

Use soccerbase that’s always most reliable I think. 9 appearances and 2 goals

51 minutes ago, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:

Alan Trouten signed. 

No idea how his legs are nowadays. 

That's a brilliant signing (assuming he's back to fitness). I was really hoping we'd be in for him given we have absolutely nothing going forward at all.

2 hours ago, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:

Either Wiki is wrong or he never played a single game for Alloa last season and they weren't much better than us.

If he's fit he will be a quality signing for League 2 and should get goals. He did play a few games, notably a cameo v Celtic in Cup where he was superb. I think we were better than you by about 22 points once we got a manager right enough.

Fitness clearly the only issue, he just couldn't get going last season with injuries recurring whenever he tried to return. As McCulloch No. 5 said he had a terrific cameo coming off the bench against Celtic and running the show for the last 15 minutes. Unfortunately he never appeared again. 

If he is fit and playing behind the strikers he is still well capable of running riot in League 2. All the best to him. 

Edited by Waspie

The Agnew replacement we’ve needed after the disastrous Swanson replacement. If we can get a fit Trouten we will have a good player at this level with bags of experience that we will need if we want to get top 4.

Hopefully more quality signings to come.

Guest AberhillEnd

Seems like quite a few teams in our division, including ourselves, are lacking a left back.

I don't think we've had a decent left back since Gary Naismith & James Penrice.  We've tried Pat in the past, I think Pat would be fine for cover but Crawford seems to prefer wing backs and that doesn't suit Pat imo.

Second option from last season was Mercer, I think he's wasted on the left side.

32 minutes ago, AberhillEnd said:

Seems like quite a few teams in our division, including ourselves, are lacking a left back.

I don't think we've had a decent left back since Gary Naismith & James Penrice.  We've tried Pat in the past, I think Pat would be fine for cover but Crawford seems to prefer wing backs and that doesn't suit Pat imo.

Second option from last season was Mercer, I think he's wasted on the left side.

Yeah I get the second option that mercer kinda wasted on the left side and i would expect Crawford to improve the defence from last season we kept chucking goals in and I would love a centre back brought in since we’ve let go of two Higgins and Dunlop since. have mercer and murdoch fight for right back place but surely there’s more than 3/4 players needed?

Guest AberhillEnd
7 minutes ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Yeah I get the second option that mercer kinda wasted on the left side and i would expect Crawford to improve the defence from last season we kept chucking goals in and I would love a centre back brought in since we’ve let go of two Higgins and Dunlop since. have mercer and murdoch fight for right back place but surely there’s more than 3/4 players needed?

3/4 signings and then loans for the rest maybe.

If Crawford plays 3 centre backs and 2 wing backs Steele & Murdoch +1 left sided centre back, Mercer right wingbackand +1 left wingback