The East Fife Thread

2 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Bonnyrigg would need to have an average crowd 40% higher than ours to be bringing in the same amount at the gate. 

I'm not in favour of our prices either, but if we're paying that much, we should have a better playing budget than others. 

A few decent signings would encourage ticket sales & a winning team puts bums on seats. 

No info to back this up but I would imagine Forfar’s budget won’t be that far from yours, my season ticket is £190. 

Think the boards justification for the prices has always been that reducing it by £20-30 won't actually achieve anything as it won't cause more people to buy them, it just means we'll have less cash. Not the most "ambitious" viewpoint in terms of growing the fan base but I think that's just where we are at the moment. It's not a great look though when you compare our prices with every club below the Premiership, particularly when the "fan experience" at our one-stand stadium Bayview is undoubtedly one of the worst in the country. 

Guest AberhillEnd
3 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Think the boards justification for the prices has always been that reducing it by £20-30 won't actually achieve anything as it won't cause more people to buy them, it just means we'll have less cash. Not the most "ambitious" viewpoint in terms of growing the fan base but I think that's just where we are at the moment. It's not a great look though when you compare our prices with every club below the Premiership, particularly when the "fan experience" at our one-stand stadium Bayview is undoubtedly one of the worst in the country. 

I don't necessarily agree with this part of your post.

While we would all love some terracing at Bayview, we do have 2 bars on site and the hospitality is excellent.  Yes the stand is a bit soulless but at least we get a decent view of the action.

2 hours ago, AberhillEnd said:

While we would all love some terracing at Bayview, we do have 2 bars on site and the hospitality is excellent.  Yes the stand is a bit soulless but at least we get a decent view of the action.

Each to their own I suppose! Terracing fixes a lot of the problems I have with Bayview, the one stand design is horrific and should never have been signed off on. There's no real justification for 2,000 seats at a club like ours, it's only fully used for "bigger" matches and in the case of bigger fixtures it would have been far more beneficial to have space all the way round the ground with terracing than the big large stand we have. Of course no idea whether that would have been cheaper or not. 

Edited by Big Fifer

19 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Each to their own I suppose! Terracing fixes a lot of the problems I have with Bayview, the one stand design is horrific and should never have been signed off on. There's no real justification for 2,000 seats at a club like ours, it's only fully used for "bigger" matches and in the case of bigger fixtures it would have been far more beneficial to have space all the way round the ground with terracing than the big large stand we have. Of course no idea whether that would have been cheaper or not. 

IIRC the stadium was funded with a grant from the Football Trust, which was set up to fund stadium improvement after Hillsborough. 
I suspect at that time criteria of the grant would be for all seater stadia.

There is space available for further development if required, but this is even less of a requirement now than ever before.

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

When we opened up the temporary terracing against Dunfermline Athletic in 2014, the overwhelming majority of fans chose to sit in the stand. 

Wasn’t the temporary terracing only for away fans???

Im sure it cost us a fortune to hire a bunch of scalfording that season away fans or not? Surely we’re not at the debate of wanting more capacity than what we have? And out with the stadium walls to increase for more capacity than we currently have we won’t be able to as some company has bought the land the only way is to move location and sell stadium move to near Cameron bridge/methilhill/savoy park/sea road but even that could we fill it or be a vision in future I don’t know as I doubt the shareholders are willingly to sell or give the land back any time soon with the new look rail link towards leven pool round the corner. I also think the power station land is also private land since that was demolished back 10 years ago but surely the aim is to get a winning team back and regroup is the aim for now.

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

8 hours ago, nofixedability said:

No info to back this up but I would imagine Forfar’s budget won’t be that far from yours, my season ticket is £190. 

So, with ticket prices around 40% higher than yours, a Derby with Dunfermline & a possible player sale. I should be expecting a higher playing budget than Forfar’s. 

8 hours ago, AberhillEnd said:

The hospitality is not excellent. 

10 hours ago, AberhillEnd said:

I agree with Big Fifer. Irrespective of bars and hospitality Bayview is not a pleasant place to watch football. More atmosphere on the moon. That's a reason why the away support is usually very good. As for the action, well that's debatable also. It's a tidy wee stadium, no denying that, but the viewing experience is very poor. You can't see or hear the enemy. Where's the fun in that?

Pricewise, how many season ticket holders are there? A couple of hundred? More? I genuinely don't know. I wouldn't be overly optimistic on sales for the year ahead in the basement league.  Over the course of a season, they'll probably take more money through the turnstiles by putting a decent team on the park.  And that is going to be the biggest challenge.

10 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

I agree with Big Fifer. Irrespective of bars and hospitality Bayview is not a pleasant place to watch football. More atmosphere on the moon. That's a reason why the away support is usually very good. As for the action, well that's debatable also. It's a tidy wee stadium, no denying that, but the viewing experience is very poor. You can't see or hear the enemy. Where's the fun in that?

Pricewise, how many season ticket holders are there? A couple of hundred? More? I genuinely don't know. I wouldn't be overly optimistic on sales for the year ahead in the basement league.  Over the course of a season, they'll probably take more money through the turnstiles by putting a decent team on the park.  And that is going to be the biggest challenge.

I wonder who is supposed to create the atmosphere........ the board the volunteers or the fans ? Can moan about the stadium all year long but it's what we've got and it's not changing soon 

18 minutes ago, flyfifer48 said:

I wonder who is supposed to create the atmosphere........ the board the volunteers or the fans ? Can moan about the stadium all year long but it's what we've got and it's not changing soon 

It really doesn't matter. You can have a full house and still barely hear the other end.  Going back a good few years but a bit more thought should have went into it when they agreed to rebuild and relocate.

I agree, it's not going to change but neither are folks opinions.

2 hours ago, flyfifer48 said:

To be fair, if we can only discuss things we can actually change about our clubs, this forum would have zero posts.

There are advantages to having a tidy enough, modern stadium like Bayview but it's not a ground many supporters are going to have much love for. Plenty of our own fans and opposition fans regularly say it's a pretty shit ground to watch football in. 

Perhaps if the club's owner supported the club financially,the BOD could either help subsidize season tickets or initiate ground improvements.Remember that he is the guy who set up a company to purchase the land outside the stadium ,and as principal shareholder of EFFC ordered the sale the land at £100k at least beneath market value.

Although there are concerns I have at Board level principally concerning their lack of engagement with the general Levenmouth public and lack of marketing nous,the biggest obstacle to what we all want,is Mr Rankine.

On 31/05/2022 at 11:47, Big Fifer said:

To my mind season tickets are very much a thing of the past ? Peoples habits have changed IMO, and dont make clubs rich at this level anyway. I’m more in favour of a per game advanced ticket purchase ( at an attractive price ) That way surely clubs would attract extra foot fall, and therefore knowing the number of tickets sold can plan for add ons, pies etc.A no brainier for me, a deal done with security on a swings and roundabouts basis will also save much needed capital. 

Perhaps if the club's owner supported the club financially,the BOD could either help subsidize season tickets or initiate ground improvements.Remember that he is the guy who set up a company to purchase the land outside the stadium ,and as principal shareholder of EFFC ordered the sale the land at £100k at least beneath market value.
Although there are concerns I have at Board level principally concerning their lack of engagement with the general Levenmouth public and lack of marketing nous,the biggest obstacle to what we all want,is Mr Rankine.

Ownership istheissue

On 01/06/2022 at 09:49, Stevo Fife said:

It really doesn't matter. You can have a full house and still barely hear the other end.  Going back a good few years but a bit more thought should have went into it when they agreed to rebuild and relocate.

I agree, it's not going to change but neither are folks opinions.

Are ye deef??  Cannae hear the other end??  Definitely deef!