The East Fife Thread

Guest AberhillEnd
27 minutes ago, Californian Fifer said:

Higgy has announced his retirement from football !! That’s another spot that will need a replacement!

Yes, not a surprise tbh

We now need look for someone to partner Steele at centre back if we’re playing with a back four. That’s Dunlop and two Higgins away so we’re looking at two centre backs, left back, midfielders and strikers to come in.

praying on some arrivals and that is the last player away.

Higgins was getting on a bit, but I thought with the drop down a level, we might persuade him to stay another season. His experience was vital. Wonder if we've kept Dunlop's phone number?

Hope that exit door is now firmly closed, and we don't end up in a situation like last year with target's changing minds at the last minute. Now we know exactly what we need & with the manager, "leaving no stone unturned", we hopefully hear of some arrivals in the coming weeks.

17 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Higgins was getting on a bit, but I thought with the drop down a level, we might persuade him to stay another season. His experience was vital. Wonder if we've kept Dunlop's phone number?

Hope that exit door is now firmly closed, and we don't end up in a situation like last year with target's changing minds at the last minute. Now we know exactly what we need & with the manager, "leaving no stone unturned", we hopefully hear of some arrivals in the coming weeks.

I can’t help but feel some people are going to be in for a real shock next season.

55 days till our first fixture of Season 2022-23 and still no signings, we are danger of being left behind here, as our opponents next season all appear to be well off the mark with theirs!!!
We have 13 players still with us for next season and to be honest you would struggle to make a decent starting 11 out of what we have!!!
Starting to get a little bit worried now, cherries are getting picked and we’re going to end up with the leftovers!!!

47 days now and still no signings!!!
Job has got bigger with the departure of Higgins and Denholm not coming back when perhaps Crawford was hoping the would re-sign otherwise why would he offer them new contracts!!!
Also with rumours of Wallace trying to get a move and still interest being received about Smith our squad of 13 could be further depleted before we get anybody in!!!
We could end up chasing our tails for players!!!
Worrying!!!

Guest AberhillEnd
1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

47 days now and still no signings!!!
Job has got bigger with the departure of Higgins and Denholm not coming back when perhaps Crawford was hoping the would re-sign otherwise why would he offer them new contracts!!!
Also with rumours of Wallace trying to get a move and still interest being received about Smith our squad of 13 could be further depleted before we get anybody in!!!
We could end up chasing our tails for players!!!
Worrying!!!

Rumours ? A source for this or its just conjecture and who is interested in Smith ? 

6 minutes ago, Rob Smith said:

Cannot believe the price of a Season Ticket compared to other clubs. 
Seriously thought about purchasing one but will not be bothering at that price. 

Just had a quick check after I saw this. Over £16 a game for the 'regular price' season ticket. How much is a pay on the day ticket going to be!?

Guest AberhillEnd
1 minute ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Just had a quick check after I saw this. Over £16 a game for the 'regular price' season ticket. How much is a pay on the day ticket going to be!?

Its £15  last season and they said its rising

Guest AberhillEnd

Happy to give Scott a chance to prove himself.

He always seemed decent when he was with Edinburgh, time will tell.

7 goals in 66 games for Forfar is hardly going to get the punters queuing up for one of the most expensive Season Tickets  in the League!!!

One signing in hopefully it start of the incomings and news, although we can’t get too excited we’ve all seen players sign then something else comes up two weeks later leaving us with what we’ve got like last season, but I’m all for giving the boy a chance…we still need go on a spending spree but!

I have started a new thread in the league 2 section. Time to face the music guys, it may be strange at first but we will get through this together. 

No need, this Thread gets automatically moved along with all the other promoted/relegated Teams Threads on GTF day!!!
The mods will just close that one down, so just enjoy life here in the League One Forum here until it’s moved, it may be a while until we see it’s likes again!!!

Scott Shepherd will run all day and chase lost causes, which is great. Unfortunately, when it comes to actually playing football he is dreadful, can barely control it and struggles with the general concept of kicking the ball roughly where he wants, maybe the worst open play finisher I've seen, but ironically takes a fantastic penalty despite that. He'll definitely score at Station Park.

32 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Scott Shepherd will run all day and chase lost causes, which is great. Unfortunately, when it comes to actually playing football he is dreadful, can barely control it and struggles with the general concept of kicking the ball roughly where he wants, maybe the worst open play finisher I've seen, but ironically takes a fantastic penalty despite that. He'll definitely score at Station Park.

Good we can bring back the 5-4 lines in our games back then, thanks for your feedback. Certainly a upgrade to Sean brown of last season then no offence we need a runner in the team stretch defence apart.