The East Fife Thread

Aren't most players at other clubs signed up until 31st of May? 

Trying not to panic here, we've maybe got used to Darren Young doing his business early. Always seemed under him every Tuesday & Thursday another 2 or 3 would sign. 

1 hour ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Aren't most players at other clubs signed up until 31st of May? 

Trying not to panic here, we've maybe got used to Darren Young doing his business early. Always seemed under him every Tuesday & Thursday another 2 or 3 would sign. 

Normally I'd agree, as I think I did last summer. Problem is we were saying the same thing last year and it didn't go particularly well. 

Plenty time for new signings coming in. I know people get frustrated when other clubs are making transfers but players are still under contract at other clubs.

If we are still scrambling around for players in August like this season, then we can start to panic.

do we have any friendly lined up also, watch this we will look at trialist again and hope some non-league English gem turns up I’m like the rest of us I am worried at other teams like Dumbarton and Stirling making addition and being active. With denholm away is they any other players at risk of leaving or do we now have everyone that’s signed up staying?

Disappointed to hear that Danny Denholm's moving on. I liked him and think he'd be a big asset in L2. Very happy to see Kieran Millar sign back on, a very important signing given that Ross Davidson's away. Obviously hoping that we keep Jude Smith for next season but if anyone wants him, they'd have to pay money for him so at least that would soften the blow a bit.

I think we're all a bit jumpy given relegation and our pretty horrendous transfer activity last summer. I'll try to keep calm until we see the standard of the first two or three signings.

Hopefully Chris Higgins stays on as well.

Denholm away to Stirling Albion, looks like DY is trying to get the Band back together!!!

Is there a story here (or one to be made up) when players are leaving us to sign for the previous manager. Does it say something about the character of Crawford and Young!!!!!!!!

21 minutes ago, WhoAmI said:

Is there a story here (or one to be made up) when players are leaving us to sign for the previous manager. Does it say something about the character of Crawford and Young!!!!!!!!

Or perhaps Stirling offering more?

You could argue that these players contributed to Darren's sacking at EF.

Guest AberhillEnd

Not too worried about these players joining a rival team. 

Dunsmore certainly v good at his peak but was no where near that level last season and needed to move on.

Davidson injury plagued last season and direct replaceable with Millar and Newton.

Was never a great fan of Denholm.

Signings we need this summer to threaten the top 4 . Left Back, left central defender,  3 midfielders 2 wide one central creative type unless McManus fills this role, 2 central forward especially a target man and that's presumably Wallace is sticking around.

So that's at least 6/7 players that would have to walk straight into the team, Crawford has his work cut out.

20 minutes ago, AberhillEnd said:

Not too worried about these players joining a rival team. 

Dunsmore certainly v good at his peak but was no where near that level last season and needed to move on.

Davidson injury plagued last season and direct replaceable with Millar and Newton.

Was never a great fan of Denholm.

Signings we need this summer to threaten the top 4 . Left Back, left central defender,  3 midfielders 2 wide one central creative type unless McManus fills this role, 2 central forward especially a target man and that's presumably Wallace is sticking around.

So that's at least 6/7 players that would have to walk straight into the team, Crawford has his work cut out.

This ^^ hope our scouting team is on it than last summer.

I hope that we are not going to over rely on players from the under 20s and other youngsters.Some of the young players might be good at that level but playing league football is a step up again.We need some good experienced players who know what it’s like to win.We can’t have another season like the one we have just had or we are in the lowland league.

On 18/05/2022 at 13:51, WhoAmI said:

This speaks volumes for me. Whether you wanted any of these players to stay or not is irrelevant. They have decided to follow the fall guy for last season. Two of whom I wouldn’t consider regular starters for Young if he had a full squad to choose from.

Players like to play for certain managers whether or not they are relegated so I wouldn’t read too much into a massive fall out. Young also knows these players so you aren’t taking a gamble on signings either.

Davidson and Dunsmore had been decent players for us but not recently so not disappointed that they have gone. Denholm was ok, too but all of these players are certainly replaceable.

Guest AberhillEnd
13 hours ago, troy said:

I hope that we are not going to over rely on players from the under 20s and other youngsters.Some of the young players might be good at that level but playing league football is a step up again.We need some good experienced players who know what it’s like to win.We can’t have another season like the one we have just had or we are in the lowland league.

Yeah the younger players can't play every week and need to be looked after.

10 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Players like to play for certain managers whether or not they are relegated so I wouldn’t read too much into a massive fall out. Young also knows these players so you aren’t taking a gamble on signings either.

Davidson and Dunsmore had been decent players for us but not recently so not disappointed that they have gone. Denholm was ok, too but all of these players are certainly replaceable.

No one mentioned a massive fall out at all.