The East Fife Thread

1 hour ago, troy said:

Dunsmore has signed for Stirling.Would it not have been good if we had been told he had been released rather than read iton another clubs Facebook page.Some clubs appear to be getting on with signings .

It’s only the start of May, I wouldn’t worry as most players are still contracted until at least the end of the month, and besides signing our cast offs isn’t exactly a reason to panic. 

Can't say I'm surprised with any of the exodus so far. Did we not pay a fee for Higgins? Suppose we'll not recoup any of that.

When I think of my top 5 memories of following East Fife, Dunsy features in 2 of them; his 92nd minute winner against Raith obviously, & his' winning penalty v Hearts. Him running up to the Hearts 'keeper & saying something along the lines of, "Get it up ye, ye Jambo B*****D" before celebrating, a Hibee to the core! Really thought he'd get back to a full time club, but like most of our team, the drop since covid has been pretty spectacular.

Just don't come back to haunt us!

Edited by Life on Marrs?

Sorry to see King Kev leaving but sadly he's not the same player he was 2-3 seasons ago so it's perhaps for the best. Age has now caught up with him but let's not forget what a fantastic servant he's been to the club. A true professional both on and off the pitch, and we wish him all the best for the future. 

Still zero confirmation from the club with regards to who's staying and who's departing. Which is pretty poor. Don't know about anyone else, but I get the feeling that whomever is contracted for at least another season may be negotiating with the club to try and rip up their contracts to start afresh and look elsewhere. The club and Stevie Crawford now have a massive task to try and entice a group of players to want to sign for this club. 

Can only echo the sentiments in the above post. Kevin Smith has been a terrific player, loyal servant and a fine ambassador for East Fife. He has been at the heart of all the good times we have had in the past 10 years(his playing career with the Fife). He went out of his way at times and was usually the first to engage with the fans on match days. I wish him all the best in the future and who knows we might see him back at Bayview in the future.

20 minutes ago, sammytroot said:

No mention of Kieran Millar or Danny Denholm .Offered new

contracts and thinking things over?

Not just those two what about C. Higgins, Lewis Anderson, Murdoch, Mercer, Wallace and McManus or we’re they giving contracts?

we all know jude, Steele, Newton, Walls, Healy and Cunningham are signed but.

Club statement states that of the players you mention Murdoch, Mercer, Wallace, and McManus are under contract.

Presumably CHiggins has been offered a contract and is thinking it over.

Lewis Anderson and Adam Mansoori were out on loan last season .

Perhaps the promised statement by the Chairman will clarify things.

17 minutes ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Not just those two what about C. Higgins, Lewis Anderson, Murdoch, Mercer, Wallace and McManus or we’re they giving contracts?

Pretty sure Wallace, Mercer and possibly Murdoch are contracted until 2023. I suppose they might have a relegation release clause.

Players Still under Contract

Scott Gallacher
Jude Smith
Aaron Steele
Pat Slattery
Stewart Murdoch
Scott Mercer
Connor McManus
Liam Newton
Jack Healy
Ryan Wallace
Michael Cunningham
Brogan Walls

Danny Denholm, Chris Higgins and Kieran Millar all presumably have been offered new deals!!!

Club statement states that of the players you mention Murdoch, Mercer, Wallace, and McManus are under contract.
Presumably CHiggins has been offered a contract and is thinking it over.
Lewis Anderson and Adam Mansoori were out on loan last season .
Perhaps the promised statement by the Chairman will clarify things.

Don’t think Anderson and Mansouri have yet signed Professional Contracts with the Club yet and went out on loan from the U20’s and will return there unless awarded contracts over the summer!!!
ETA: Same with Liam Campbell our third choice keeper, again he’s not mentioned but is still there but in the U20’s!!!

Maybe reading too much into it, but Kev saying, "time to move on, from East Fife" does that mean he's going elsewhere? I thought he'd be retiring, might be Lowland. Eitherway been a great servant, all the best, whatever you are doing next.

Thought Dunlop would've done a job for us in league 2, the others aren't surprising. I'd asume the rest are all either tied up for another year, or been offered a contract from the club. We all knew big changes would be needed.