The East Fife Thread

I'm sure Swanson would have been a good player for us if he could have stayed injury-free but he's pretty much never been fully fit for us in two years. In hindsight it was a pretty disastrous signing, given he'll likely be amongst our top earners. We can't afford to keep him on now we're going to L2 unless he basically agrees to stay with us for peanuts. It's far too big a risk.

Most of the squad should be either good or "fine" at L2 level. Our problem hasn't really been that we've got a squad full of players who just aren't good enough for this level, individually. For me, it's a lack of those handful of standout players that we've had in recent years and most other L1 teams have at lest 2/3 of, and weakness in key areas of the squad.

If we kept a decent chunk of the squad and added a left back, a couple of creative midfielders and a centre forward (and maybe a big physical centre half), we should be fine in L2 next season.

7 minutes ago, grant1903 said:

How does it work for the guys who have signed 2 yr deals,do they get less wages next season with us in league 2 

I imagine they be on the same wage as agreed I think.

but I’m with everyone previously about keeping on Swanson, he is like a luxury member of the squad we can’t keep for L2 but I fear we need add more in strikers for next season but I wait see what craw does and who’s released and who’s staying once the cove game out the way. Also I don’t want start next season with a team of players out injured either so hopefully we shift some players on and get some new blood ie Dunsmore, Brown etc…for me on the list of out for me! but equally like last season I hope our recruitment a bit better to get players good enough or nick players from L2 from the likes of Edinburgh, Forfar like the jim Moffat days that would be competitive for L2 and find gems to make this team better again but who knows.

Well it’s been a long painful season but we may be able to say we are undefeated at home against the league champions.

As it’s the last game of the season the Trust have put together a 40 page all colour programme still only £2.

Apart from the regular features read about………

EF’s record against Highland leaguers.

Down memory lane with a look at an old programme v Celtic in the League Cup

Scottish International Andy Robertson’s Charity AR26 visits Bayview

Details of events for Kevin Smith’s testimonial

How Fifers for the Community (FFTC) established the 3G facility, maintain and manage the pitch and grow community use.

Well thank the lord we have been put out our misery and season 2021-22 is finally over. The losing mentality prevails right to the last kick of the ball. Given a 2 goal start and still fold like a pack of cards. Just like the first game last July against Arbroath snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. There won’t be many people got a harder job on their hands than Stevie Crawford has between 17 00 hours tonight and mid July. I really feel for all the good people around the club from the volunteers to the kit man in what has been an absolute shambles on the park. We can only put our trust in Crawford and hope he has an idea how to sort out the mess we find ourselves in. Can’t see Crawford wanting to retain many of the present squad and probably best for all concerned that there is mass clear out. 

Thought Kyle Connell was a big standout again for East Fife. Not only did he take his goal very confidently, he was lively throughout. Alongside a strong target man I could see him getting many goals at this level.

You will have seen him a lot more than I so was wondering where you think he'll end up next season? Does he need a year or two in L1? What is his level? I see he's out of contract in May and with Killie's promotion he might be surplus to requirements.

14 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Thought Kyle Connell was a big standout again for East Fife. Not only did he take his goal very confidently, he was lively throughout. Alongside a strong target man I could see him getting many goals at this level.

You will have seen him a lot more than I so was wondering where you think he'll end up next season? Does he need a year or two in L1? What is his level? I see he's out of contract in May and with Killie's promotion he might be surplus to requirements.

I was impressed with him at Airdrie last season, he really came onto a game in the last few weeks of the season (that was about 8 games given how hectic it was!) and I’d have been happy to see him back this season. I was surprised he ended up at East Fife, though I’m guessing Kilmarnock held off on loaning him out for a bit and by then East Fife were in desperate need of a striker with McGuigan leaving. I’m not sure he’s ready yet for starting regularly in the Championship but most teams at this level lack a quality striker and he would be a good option for a lot of teams, even Montrose or Queen’s Park could do a lot worse.

49 minutes ago, Mr November said:

I was impressed with him at Airdrie last season, he really came onto a game in the last few weeks of the season (that was about 8 games given how hectic it was!) and I’d have been happy to see him back this season. I was surprised he ended up at East Fife, though I’m guessing Kilmarnock held off on loaning him out for a bit and by then East Fife were in desperate need of a striker with McGuigan leaving. I’m not sure he’s ready yet for starting regularly in the Championship but most teams at this level lack a quality striker and he would be a good option for a lot of teams, even Montrose or Queen’s Park could do a lot worse.

He impressed me on loan at Airdrie too. Clearly I only saw glimpses of him with the Diamonds but any player with pace stands out at our level. He has composure, refinement and can score a variety of goals. Would have done well alongside Mitch or Rory for us this season I'm sure or it. Miles ahead of our third choice striker Ola Adeyemo.

Someone will snap him up, if released from Killie, and will have a very capable player. Definitely interested to see where he goes next. I could see him at Mo.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

On 29/04/2022 at 17:13, Another The Other Chairman said:

Well it’s been a long painful season but we may be able to say we are undefeated at home against the league champions.

As it’s the last game of the season the Trust have put together a 40 page all colour programme still only £2.

Apart from the regular features read about………

EF’s record against Highland leaguers.

Down memory lane with a look at an old programme v Celtic in the League Cup

Scottish International Andy Robertson’s Charity AR26 visits Bayview

Details of events for Kevin Smith’s testimonial

How Fifers for the Community (FFTC) established the 3G facility, maintain and manage the pitch and grow community use.

The East Fife programme is always a good read.

What a miserable season, all beginning before a ball was even kicked way back in July when we saw the calibre of signings we were making. Hopefully we go into the new season with a sense of optimism with some quality signings. Crawford has his work cut out, but the board have to back him otherwise we easily do a Brechin.

12 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

What a miserable season, all beginning before a ball was even kicked way back in July when we saw the calibre of signings we were making. Hopefully we go into the new season with a sense of optimism with some quality signings. Crawford has his work cut out, but the board have to back him otherwise we easily do a Brechin.

Said it before, Board can only spend what they have, which is surplus income from the operations of the club. Our Shareholder Owner is not interested and wont give funds for investment in players! - hence no real optimism that we will get out of League 2 for some time.

Good to read that the Chairman will be preparing a report in the next week or so to inform the fans of the clubs plans for both next and future seasons.

We all know how well the BoD are in relation to keeping the finances under control. Unfortunately the Board are not so good with projecting / marketing the club within the community..We have also seen the number of attendees reducing over the past few seasons.

The mood of supporters is ,to put it mildly,very low with many thinking twice about returning next season.

I really think that the BoD need to build bridges with the fans after the past disastrous season and use the press,  EFTV,and the EF podcast to keep fans better informed.

If we know what the club needs,we can perhaps help.

The club are needing to go back to promoting themselves heavily as a community based club and start looking to the future revenue and fans as well as immediate. The community sides have one if not two teams at every age level then also the recreational, walking, specialty, soccer schools etc. Why not make a deal to provide each registered community player with a season ticket or a set number of tickets with an agreement for a reduced price for parents coming with them. The EFCFC have brought kids in for the Dumbarton and Cove Rangers games there is extra revenue that wouldn't have been coming through the gate that day for adult entry alone, then you can figure in most will buy a programme, will buy food and drink from the stadium and possibly even a visit to the club shop. Start to make it a habit that the kids play their games in the morning then go and watch the first team in the afternoon and you've created your fanbase to carry the club on for generations to come. Out with that you have all the primary schools in the Levenmouth area and the Academy, invite a school along with tickets every second home game say make a big deal about them attending and you're reaching out to the wider community who aren't already a part of the EFCFC set up and hopefully securing even more fans attendance.

Edited by Fergo

Good luck to Ross unfortunately this season he has been hampered by injury but the guy served us well under Darren and his goal up at Stranraer was the pick of the bunch, wish him well though out of the defensive midfielders we have I like see kieran millar stay and he has been a mainstay in the team since returning to the club but hopefully see lot news who’s leaving etc and craw puts his own team/stamp in L2 to get us out this mess we find ourselfs in.

3 hours ago, sammytroot said:

Of all the players out of contract,Ross is the guy I would have liked to stay.

Good luck to him.

Yeah, got to echo that. Did think it unlikely he'd drop down to league 2. Thanks for everything Ross, you'll be missed. Expect a lot more to follow in the coming weeks.

Dunsmore has signed for Stirling.Would it not have been good if we had been told he had been released rather than read iton another clubs Facebook page.Some clubs appear to be getting on with signings .