The East Fife Thread

Think it’s correct to say that such a disaster has more than one cause but the players have to take the major responsibility for this mess.

This is an experienced team who should be doing a lot better.Everybody and their dog knew this would be a difficult season but no way should we have been cut off like this.

Frankly. Stevie Crawford is blameless in this.The rest of the season should be used to prepare for division 2 so we don’t do a Brechin.

Agreed. We are truly done. Frightening how far we have dropped in quality in such a short space of time. It was only yesterday we were being frustrated at losing out on the play- offs. .
No one party to blame- a collective disaster from the top to bottom of the club. Feel sorry for all the voluntary workers at the club and fans.

Our shareholder structure/ base makes any change and investment going forward unlikely. Those clubs ( some new) with no such  challenges are the ones that are and will be successful , like Kelty, Cove Rangers, Peterhead and Queens Park.,  
Worrying times, look what happened to Brechin, what might happen at Cowdenbeath. We would be naive not to think this doom can fall on us

Your right about the shareholder structure.

Looks like we have just raised the white flag and are happy to accept relegation. If the board and management were serious about avoiding the drop they would be pulling out all the stops to bring in new players. 15 games to go can’t say I’m looking forward to many of them. Hopefully been working on how to win a 2nd ball and how to put your opponent under pressure.We need 7 points out next 3 home games anything less and it’s curtains. Talk is cheap let’s see if the players can deliver the same performance they managed when they put 4 past Cove Rangers. We need the players to come of the park tomorrow knowing that their individual error hasn’t sold the jerseys. No regrets just blood and snotters and full commitment. 

Looks like we have just raised the white flag and are happy to accept relegation. If the board and management were serious about avoiding the drop they would be pulling out all the stops to bring in new players. 15 games to go can’t say I’m looking forward to many of them. Hopefully been working on how to win a 2nd ball and how to put your opponent under pressure.We need 7 points out next 3 home games anything less and it’s curtains. Talk is cheap let’s see if the players can deliver the same performance they managed when they put 4 past Cove Rangers. We need the players to come of the park tomorrow knowing that their individual error hasn’t sold the jerseys. No regrets just blood and snotters and full commitment. 

I admire your optimism but it’s already curtains. The rest of the season is a write off apart from hopefully giving some of the young guys some game time.

Dowds will have a field day against our shit show of a defence. Falkirk are still sitting around 10/11 to win. That’s free money, get on it.

20 hours ago, fifer67 said:

Hopefully been working on how to win a 2nd ball and how to put your opponent under pressure.

Or more logically, you could change your style of play to reduce the number of areal duals you create in the first place. After all that's what most of the other teams in this league have done. 

Edited by 7 Eleven

Despite the result, I thought the performance at the weekend was a massive improvement from recent weeks. It does still feel like a missed opportunity to pick up a point or 3 as I thought we handled Falkirk quite easily until the sending off. 

If we can cut out those stupid mistakes and keep up that hunger and desire for the rest of the season, and hope that results elsewhere go in our favour, there's still a chance (albeit VERY slim) that we can climb off the bottom spot.

As it stands, it would be devastating for the club to miss out on League 1 next season with potential 'moneyspinner' Fife derbies between Kelty/Dunfermline. 

Does anyone know if the coaches are actively pursuing bringing in new players or are they just focussing on bringing the best out of the players that we've got? One of the major issues seems to be sticking with a strongest starting XI. They need to find that sooner rather than later because the constant rotation of the squad week-in week-out clearly isn't doing us any favours. 

A decent performance, albiet without picking anything up pointswise does nothing to help our current prediciment. If we take 6 points form our next 2 games, I might believe we can stay up, but with our record this season in '6-pointers' (Clyde twice & Dumbarton 2 weeks ago) sadly, I don't hold much hope. I know Crawford won't want to concede until it's impossible, but I think we really should be looking at the squad with regards to next season & seeing what some of the youngsters have got. Paul Watson & Rico Quitongo were 2 players that I thought we'd have a chance of bringing in if we're serious about fighting this year.

Maybe it's right we keep our powder dry for a shot at the league 2 title next season, with both Stirling & Annan getting money-spinning Rangers ties to swell thier coffers we might need all the budget we can get.

For what it's worth I can see Dunfermline escaping, just, & I don't regard Kelty as a derby, certainly not in the, 'moneyspinner' category anyway. Still, I'll be at Bayview on Saturday, optimistic we can still pull it off. 

I don’t get where people are getting their optimism from. We have not won a game since October, including getting papped out the Scottish Cup by a team 3 tiers below, haven’t scored a goal in 4 games, haven’t won away from home since February last year. I could go on and on.

The fact we didn’t go all out to strengthen the squad before the Dumbarton game I think goes to show that we were settling for relegation and the money we should have spent in the summer should now be available (and more) to Crawford this summer.

If we had done this at the start of January then I can see the rationale but I don’t really see the point in bringing in loan players now and giving them game time when we are already going down. I would much rather give our own youngsters valuable playing experience in preparation for next season.

Absolutely mental decision from Raith to sign the rapist. Their main sponsor had already said she would withdraw support a few weeks ago when they were first linked with him along with countless e-mails from supporters.

Years of credibility has now been undone and the damage will probably be irreplaceable. Rivalries aside, I genuinely feel for the true Raith fans who now have to walk away. Our team might be garbage but at least we don’t sign rapists.  

Absolutely mental decision from Raith to sign the rapist. Their main sponsor had already said she would withdraw support a few weeks ago when they were first linked with him along with countless e-mails from supporters.
Years of credibility has now been undone and the damage will probably be irreplaceable. Rivalries aside, I genuinely feel for the true Raith fans who now have to walk away. Our team might be garbage but at least we don’t sign rapists.  

I don’t live in the country so I don’t understand, please explain?[emoji4]