The East Fife Thread

11 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

We had Andrew Osei-Bonsu on trial at the weekend, apologies if I’ve missed this being asked but what was your opinions on him?

never seen enough of him and when I did I remember he gifted your second goal at broadwood by following over the ball and doing some fancy tricks that never came off.
He likes the ball when he has but without he can be lazy and canny tackle or track back.

Well, that will be that then. Season over by mid January in what has been a horrendous season.

We can go into depth about what went wrong but it has been covered on this thread before, but the writing was on the wall long before the League Cup games and the majority of those players are nowhere near good enough to be at this level. We’ve just given Dumbarton their 2nd home win of the season, have a guess who the first was against…

Not blaming Crawford, as he can only work with the garbage at his disposal and he has a massive job to completely overhaul the squad for League 2. I fear for what our crowds will be for the rest of the season now.

I see that Stirling Albion won away from home today so it isn’t Young that’s the problem. Our away form is unacceptably bad, but not expected either with the bunch of jobbers that we have. I’ve grown to really resent the players now, and guys like Slattery, K Smith, Dunsmore and Davidson have tainted their reputation and will now be known as part of that awful squad that got us relegated in January.

Cya in League 2.

2 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Well, that will be that then. Season over by mid January in what has been a horrendous season.

We can go into depth about what went wrong but it has been covered on this thread before, but the writing was on the wall long before the League Cup games and the majority of those players are nowhere near good enough to be at this level. We’ve just given Dumbarton their 2nd home win of the season, have a guess who the first was against…

Not blaming Crawford, as he can only work with the garbage at his disposal and he has a massive job to completely overhaul the squad for League 2. I fear for what our crowds will be for the rest of the season now.

I see that Stirling Albion won away from home today so it isn’t Young that’s the problem. Our away form is unacceptably bad, but not expected either with the bunch of jobbers that we have. I’ve grown to really resent the players now, and guys like Slattery, K Smith, Dunsmore and Davidson have tainted their reputation and will now be known as part of that awful squad that got us relegated in January.

Cya in League 2.

Stirling Albion didn't win away from home today and from reading the East Fife thread as an outsider, most of your fans seemed desperate to re-sign most of the previous season's squad.

36 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Cya in League 2.

“So it isn’t Young that’s the problem”

How did all these players arrive at Bayview.?Most teams go on cycles your good for so long then your not so good.Players leave , lose their form or get older and things go stale.It’s takes a really good manager to change his team and not many manage it.That’s why we needed a new manager.We are in a decline and let’s hope the current management can turn it around and we don’t do a Brechin.

A very sad night for all East Fife fans, feel for the people who put so much of their free time into helping the club. The players for one reason or another have let us all down big time. You can trace it all back to the first game of the season at Gayfield . Drawing nil nil with 10 to go Arbroath get a man sent off and we still manage to get beat 2 nil. Losing mentality set right in. Crawford tried everything to get a tune out these players but the same defensive frailties rear there ugly head every game. It all feels like the time Gary Naysmith took over, team was losing every week and losing mentality was all over that team that got relegated. We’ve had 5 or 6 decent years since. Hopefully come May Crawford  will know he has to gut out the players to get rid of the losing habit. Sometimes takes going down a level to start to re build again and start to win games and get the fans back to games. I’m sure Stevie won’t be conceding relegation yet but realistically there is no way that group of players are getting us out this mess. Their weaknesses are found out every week and every time they have went into a game where they can get closer to teams above us they have came of 2nd best. Unfortunately we’ll have more pain to suffer until the month of May.

Stick a fork in us. We're done.

There's no way we're clawing our way back from this. We're going to go down without a whimper. Yes, we've been unlucky with injuries and the situations with Wallace and McGuigan but the bottom line is that this squad, collectively hasn't shown the ability or fight required to stay in the league.

Realistically, the squad will need gutted for next season in L2. Crawford's job form now until the ned of the season has basically been reduced to figuring out which players are worth keeping and where we need to strengthen for next season.

Can't wait for the next 3 and a half months of depressing defeats to round of this horrendous season.

Edited by Gordon EF

3 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Stick a fork in us. We're done.

There's no way we're clawing our way back from this. We're going to go down without a whimper. Yes, we've been unlucky with injuries and the situations with Wallace and McGuigan but the bottom line is that this squad, collectively hasn't shown the ability or fight required to stay in the league.

Realistically, the squad will need gutted for next season in L2. Crawford's job form now until the ned of the season has basically been reduced to figuring out which players are worth keeping and where we need to strengthen for next season.

Can't wait for the next 3 and a half months of depressing defeats to round of this horrendous season.

Agreed. We are truly done. Frightening how far we have dropped in quality in such a short space of time. It was only yesterday we were being frustrated at losing out on the play- offs. .

No one party to blame- a collective disaster from the top to bottom of the club. Feel sorry for all the voluntary workers at the club and fans.

Our shareholder structure/ base makes any change and investment going forward unlikely. Those clubs ( some new) with no such  challenges are the ones that are and will be successful , like Kelty, Cove Rangers, Peterhead and Queens Park.,  

Worrying times, look what happened to Brechin, what might happen at Cowdenbeath. We would be naive not to think this doom can fall on us

4 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Cya in League 2.

Never agreed with your negative comments all season, but you were right. Total disaster for our club going down 🤮

Player of the year will be a tough one this year. [emoji108]

I’d give Greig McDonald a 10 minute cameo and he will get my vote. He’d probably still do a better job than the dross we have now. Surely to hell we can’t have a player of the year. How about ‘a slightly less shite than everyone else’ award?

We literally have nothing left to play for and still have 15 games to go. That’s quite an achievement. I’d give more of the under 20’s an opportunity and see if any of them are decent enough to play next season. Nothing to lose now.

The hard simple facts are we are conceding on average more than 2 goals a game. Simply you would need to score 3 goals every game to win. The last 3 games we haven’t even scored one goal so what chance do we have. Crawford job is to find a way of stopping the goals against then we might be able to compete. Goalkeeping error today again gives opposition  leg up to victory. Mistakes like that every week suck the life out you. 

10 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

I’ve grown to really resent the players now, and guys like Slattery, K Smith, Dunsmore and Davidson have tainted their reputation and will now be known as part of that awful squad that got us relegated in January.

Why are you including Davidson in this?

He has been injured, or carrying a injury all season and I think he was one of the players we needed fit and playing if we were to have any chance of staying up this season.  For the record the others players that I think we really needed 30+ games from were Wallace, Murdoch and Swanson.

Edited by fifer

16 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

it isn’t Young that’s the problem.

While some fans were expelling all their energy to get DY out of the door the players making all the mistakes and costing the team games were going under the radar. The manager doesn't stand at the side of the pitch with a joypad controlling the players every movement. Once they are over the white line they need to take responsibility for their own actions. I can't think of many examples of a goal conceded and I've thought "yip, that was the managers fault". However, I could show you plenty of examples of players doing things where you'd ask "what the f**k are you doing?" Obviously that's a massive tease, so I'll give one one recent example. Go and have a look at Liam Watt before Cove Rangers free-kick goal (watch Coves highlights, not EFTV) and ask yourself "what the f**k was he doing?" (Apologies to Liam, as I could pretty much pick out any player and players with multiple examples, but his is the one that sticks in my mind just now). 

Also, Stevie Frail couldn't get a tune out of this lot in what has to be one of the worst results in the clubs history, and Stevie Crawford hasn't managed to get a tune out of them either. 

13 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

See my previous list of player already signed for next season. 

7 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Is there a reason Jude Smith is sitting on the bench? He's a much better keeper than Gallacher.

This was always going to happen with a new manager. They come in and have to try work things out for themselves. I'd imagine that the players have all started with a clean slate we will just have to wait and see how long it will take to work out what many already know. Either that or Smith actually has had COVID symptoms and isn't 100% yet. Regardless, I've said it before, this is the first position I would have strengthened when SC came in.