The East Fife Thread

3 hours ago, fifer67 said:

Unless the manager is able to attract 4 or 5 decent signings there is no way that group of players have a fight in them. That today was diabolical just rolled over and allowed Montrose as much time on the ball as they wanted. The difference in the work rate off the ball was nothing short of criminal. I bet if u tracked the distance the Montrose midfield covered it would have been double the distance our midfield covered. Nearly every 50 50 tackle we came of 2nd best. The sending off was for foul and abusive language that will put him out for 2 games. Our crowds are already less than 500 but if we play football as negatively as that there will b a hell of a lot less. 

If it is any consolation that post could currently almost word for word have been written by a Dumbarton fan.

13 hours ago, fifer67 said:

Unless the manager is able to attract 4 or 5 decent signings there is no way that group of players have a fight in them. That today was diabolical just rolled over and allowed Montrose as much time on the ball as they wanted. The difference in the work rate off the ball was nothing short of criminal. I bet if u tracked the distance the Montrose midfield covered it would have been double the distance our midfield covered. Nearly every 50 50 tackle we came of 2nd best. The sending off was for foul and abusive language that will put him out for 2 games. Our crowds are already less than 500 but if we play football as negatively as that there will b a hell of a lot less. 

I think foul and abuse language is only a one game ban. If that's any consolation.

I'm sure Ross MacLean only missed one match earlier in the season after his red card at Airdrie for calling Scott Lambie a clown.

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I think foul and abuse language is only a one game ban. If that's any consolation.

I'm sure Ross MacLean only missed one match earlier in the season after his red card at Airdrie for calling Scott Lambie a clown.

It will depend on what was said. The referee in yesterday’s match sent off Chris McKee of Brechin, in last seasons play off match. The player received a four game ban for comments of a homophobic nature.

Just now, Darkness78 said:

It will depend on what was said. The referee in yesterday’s match sent off Chris McKee of Brechin, in last seasons play off match. The player received a four game ban for comments of a homophobic nature.

That's true. Although I'd like to think that McKee is an outlier and Kyle Connell's will have been for a routine bit of swearing at him.

If he'd like to be suspended for our relegation decider in a fortnight though then that would be terrific.

36 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

That's true. Although I'd like to think that McKee is an outlier and Kyle Connell's will have been for a routine bit of swearing at him.

If he'd like to be suspended for our relegation decider in a fortnight though then that would be terrific.

There is probably a good chance he might be heading back to Kilmarnock once they get a new manager they’ll probably recall all loan players to take stock of what they are dealing with. 

10 minutes ago, fifer67 said:

There is probably a good chance he might be heading back to Kilmarnock once they get a new manager they’ll probably recall all loan players to take stock of what they are dealing with. 

That would be a welcome blow for you guys from our point-of-view. He gave us all sorts of problems in the game at Bayview.

18 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

That would be a welcome blow for you guys from our point-of-view. He gave us all sorts of problems in the game at Bayview.

Yes if he gets the service he is more than decent at this level unfortunately frustration got the better of him I can sympathise with him as I was as frustrated as hell watching so many players appear to lose their battles. 

My condolences to the family and friends of Dave Marshall.

I have known Dave for nearly 30 years from when he worked at CF Heat Services and Scotia Thermal.

He was always great to get on with and to share a joke with.

The last time I spoke to him was directly after the 5-0 game at Bayview, I diplomatically said to him 'that was hard lines today Dave, he looked at me straight in the eyes and replied 'are you taking the piss?'

He then turned on his heels and walked away, to be fair, I would have done the same.

Farewell Sir, it was a pleasure knowing you.

4 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

My condolences to the family and friends of Dave Marshall.

I have known Dave for nearly 30 years from when he worked at CF Heat Services and Scotia Thermal.

He was always great to get on with and to share a joke with.

The last time I spoke to him was directly after the 5-0 game at Bayview, I diplomatically said to him 'that was hard lines today Dave, he looked at me straight in the eyes and replied 'are you taking the piss?'

He then turned on his heels and walked away, to be fair, I would have done the same.

Farewell Sir, it was a pleasure knowing you.

Aye, Mr East Fife and a lovely, genuine fella.

Rest in piece Dave Marshall.

On 04/01/2022 at 22:38, mo83 said:

That has been a signing that's just not worked out.What is the problem?

He picked up a horrible knee injury. In a 15-0 pre-season friendly win. 

Edited by Cosmic Joe

Can anyone confirm if this list of players already contracted for next season is correct?

• GK - Scott Gallacher (32 y.o)
  • GK - Jude Smith (18)
  • D - Aaron Steele (19)
  • D - Pat Slattery (28)
  • D - Stewart Murdoch (31) - Injured 
  • D - Scott Mercer (26)
  • M - Connor McManus (25)
  • M - Liam Newton (19)
  • M - Liam Watt (27)
  • F - Ryan Wallace (31)

Two things, firstly I think it will be difficult to offload any of these players during the January transfer window. Secondly, that's a horrible looking squad to be taking into the SPFL2.

5 hours ago, 7 Eleven said:

Two things, firstly I think it will be difficult to offload any of these players during the January transfer window. Secondly, that's a horrible looking squad to be taking into the SPFL2.

Isn't it just. On current form there will be no derbies next season (looks like Cowdenbeath will be dropping out altogether, never to return) and we'll miss out on Kelty Hearts and Dunfermline. 

5 hours ago, 7 Eleven said:

Can anyone confirm if this list of players already contracted for next season is correct?

• GK - Scott Gallacher (32 y.o)
  • GK - Jude Smith (18)
  • D - Aaron Steele (19)
  • D - Pat Slattery (28)
  • D - Stewart Murdoch (31) - Injured 
  • D - Scott Mercer (26)
  • M - Connor McManus (25)
  • M - Liam Newton (19)
  • M - Liam Watt (27)
  • F - Ryan Wallace (31)

Is Aaron Dunsmore not under contract next season, he is a player Ian Murray has tried to sign twice for Airdrie....... Never really been that impressed with him though

Absolutely no doubt we are going down . The players on the park today looked liked they didn’t give a shit. I really thought that the squad we had was good enough to get us out of this mess but obviously not.

No doubt in my mind that the 2 year contact to Young and the signings made has ended us in this position. 
Not familiar with the Board but why have they let this rot to continue?