The East Fife Thread

I, for one, as are many others, am absolutely ecstatic to have Greig 'Toro' McDonald back at the club. A club legend and one of my favourite ever EF players. 

I was a bit indifferent when Stevie Crawford was announced initially, but having the two of these guys together just seems make a lot of sense. I really hope they can turn it around and that they give the players a royal boot up the erse they so desperately need. 

Frail's "nice bunch of players" comment somewhat confirmed my worst fears, in that some of the players just probably do not possess the desire/hunger to demand the best out of each other so I hope the Craw-Toro duo can instil some of that from now on. 

Huge game tomorrow vs. Peterhead. 

AGM tomorrow, these things though don't tend be as controversial at Bayview as Falkirk's recent fan's forum though, more an approval of things, but a chance all the same to meet the new manager & hear his plans/ideas.

Glad Alloa & Dumbarton have now been dragged into the mix, as we've seen in recent weeks, if you only have one team to aim for and they go on a run, as Clyde seem to be doing, it makes the task harder. Hopefully they'll all be taking points off each other in the coming weeks. Doesn't change the fact we're still marooned with some tough fixtures coming up. We have shown some resilience in recent weeks, but really need 3 points from somewhere. 

I'm not alone in mistrusting Wallace's recent omission then? Also Pat Slat seems to have disappeared & no Murdoch on Saturday again. Let's hope all are back soon whatever the reasons. Kyle Connell seems to have hit the goal trail since returning from injury, just in time for his' 'goal-sky' Kilmarnock side to hit the skids. Don't know the terms of his loan deal, but hopefully his parent club sees the benefit of him getting game time under a former Scotland international striker. Coaching team looks promising enough, and hopefuly Falkirk's slump continues another week & this Omicron wave doesn't affect Scottish football too much.

16 hours ago, Passionate said:

How is Kyle Connell doing at Ea st Fife,   is his loan from Killie up in January, if so do you his deal being extended ...

Think the chance to work under a former Scotland international forward can only help the guy in the long term & Killie will reap the rewards.

Seriously, has hit form since returning from injury, but with Killie sacking Tommy Wright, who knows what will happen.

On 19/12/2021 at 11:12, Its not only a game said:

Unfair- never let us down and scored some important goals. Right side of defence, when he played that position and Dunnsy further forward was our best season and really should of made the play- offs- how far we have fallen-hopefully temporary! 

Would agree with much of above, but fact is he was on the bench for us more than the pitch. Always felt he had a mistake in him, but that could've been down to lack of gametime rustiness. 

Was a bit surprised he moved to a so called better side than us. 

On 22/11/2021 at 09:40, The Moonster said:

Yet more proof that football fans will believe any old shite. Why would Darren Young agree to a contract that sees him pick up much less than he's legally due in the event he is sacked?

Darren Young has just been appointed Stirling Albion boss, so wouldn't be legally due anymore from us. 

It would seem then, around 8 weeks salary & free to take another job. Good luck to him all the same. 

Excellent home record, terrible away. Able to bring in quality in the transfer windows. Loyal to his players, kept pretty much the same 11, when others would be dropping players. Just couldn't get us to the next level. A combination of lockdown, injuries & bad signings was his downfall. Not the best at changing things during the game though, seemed to wait until 70th minute before making a substitution. 

Great memories from his time with us & most fife fans will wish him all the best at the Binos