The East Fife Thread

1 hour ago, fifer67 said:

On the point of assistant manager we could really be doing with someone who knows the defensive side of the game inside out. Once Crawford looks at videos of the goals we have been losing he’ll find it hard to believe how poor we are defensively. If he can rectify that then we’ll have half a chance. 

More than likely to be Jason Dair.

Maybe I'm being unfair, but it just feels like a predictable "default appointment" (if that makes any sense?) by the board. 

I feel somewhat indifferent about it, in that I'm neither disappointed or delighted with it. 

I think he's a reasonably good manager, I'm just not entirely convinced he'll turn things around and it won't be his fault. The players we have available simply aren't good enough. 

13 hours ago, fifer67 said:

Was Jason Dair his assistant at the Pars.

He was certainly on the coaching staff when Crawford was there.

I know Crawford is inheriting a difficult situation, but he's got to be given a chance.

He has ten years more experience than when he was at East Fife the last time and you hear Dick Campbell saying he's a better manager now than he's ever been. 

First time getting a chance to have a look at Crawford’s interview. Very happy to see Stevie get a good job so soon. He will always be a Dunfermline legend despite his spell as manager baring little fruit. In the end, it was the right thing for him to do to stand down as he took us as far as he could. He is a good man-manager and is excellent at identifying good talent. Signing Nisbet from Raith was a massive coup in his spell.

He has a massive job on his hands in turning East Fife’s fortunes around however. When he first took charge of us, he won 5 games on the trot and we looked like we could maybe challenge for a play-off, but we then went on to not win a single game for the rest of the season, and were actually quite fortunate we never went down. We were getting an average crowd of over 5k with Stevie. He certainly turned a good bit around for us in terms of fan engagement; there was a lot more of a buzz walking in to EEP. I’m not sure Stevie had a “way of playing” the game, but as I said, he is good man manager, so hopefully for East Fife he has learned from his time with us, tactics wise, and can get a good tune out of the players.

3 hours ago, mo83 said:

Who is Crawford number 2 with you boys?

I was going to ask the same question? but having watched the game back from Saturday we currently have no-one, seems like McMinn in stands was given him instructions and Crawford assistant usually Jason Dair we thought he’ll come back in for similar role.

Very happy with the turnaround of staff. There seems to be a good balance and hopefully Paul Thomson can bring us some young boys from a higher level. I can see Toro bringing some much needed aggression which we have severely missed this season also. I can hear the old train back on the line choo choo =D. 

On 08/12/2021 at 17:52, Mon_The_Fife said:

I was going to post the other day about trying to bring in Greig McDonald as a coach.

Welcome home ‘Toro’. An absolute legend and remains my favourite East Fife player. Great to have him as part of the back room staff.

Good luck to Greig with you, as a first time manager with us he had to find his own way without a mentor to give him guidance and suffered for that.

22 minutes ago, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:

Very happy with the turnaround of staff. There seems to be a good balance and hopefully Paul Thomson can bring us some young boys from a higher level. I can see Toro bringing some much needed aggression which we have severely missed this season also. I can hear the old train back on the line choo choo =D. 

Is it really aggression that we have been missing this season? 

Leadership - yes. 

Composure - yes

Confidence - yes

Organisation - yes

Aggression??? 

10 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Is it really aggression that we have been missing this season? 

Leadership - yes. 

Composure - yes

Confidence - yes

Organisation - yes

Aggression??? 

Yes, have you seen some of our conceded goals this year? Even Frail said so in his interview last week, very nice bunch of players.