The East Fife Thread

2 hours ago, Davie86 said:

With having a host of big names available do you think we would be able to afford the likes of

-mark mcghee

-mixu Paatelainen

-gus McPherson

-terry butcher

Even Derek mcinnes but think that's a no no

Do we go for a manager of this calibre or is that way out our reach?? 

ermmm…

3 hours ago, Davie86 said:

With having a host of big names available do you think we would be able to afford the likes of

-mark mcghee

-mixu Paatelainen

-gus McPherson

-terry butcher

Even Derek mcinnes but think that's a no no

Do we go for a manager of this calibre or is that way out our reach?? 

I think you are on the right track. I would go for McInnes with Butcher as assistant. McPherson could slot in as Director of Football. Might stretch us a bit but worth it to stay in the 1st Division.

34 minutes ago, Another The Other Chairman said:

I think you are on the right track. I would go for McInnes with Butcher as assistant. McPherson could slot in as Director of Football. Might stretch us a bit but worth it to stay in the 1st Division.

You give an example of what standard of manager we should aim for and you get the pish ripped out of you

Why no go get Methilhill strollers manager or is that too high up for some keyboard warriors playing football manager thinking they are pep guardiola 

You asked for that to be fair,c’mon butcher,McGhee and mcinnes are way out of our league re wages,and they’ll never go part time,and why would gus leav Morton to com to us, realistically we should be speaking to Crawford,mixu,kettlewell without ruling out the frail/ Kev smith combo 

32 minutes ago, grant1903 said:

You asked for that to be fair,c’mon butcher,McGhee and mcinnes are way out of our league re wages,and they’ll never go part time,and why would gus leav Morton to com to us, realistically we should be speaking to Crawford,mixu,kettlewell without ruling out the frail/ Kev smith combo 

Sorry for thinking about pushing to be a better higher class team..

Only get better with better people but let's go with your suggestion of frail/Smith the cheap safe option with no fucking experience at managing when we need an experienced manager.

Once again apologies for thinking about better class manager 

On 12/11/2021 at 14:35, King Kebab said:

IMG_1636727703.340195.jpg
Some tickets left but not many, get your fingers out if you fancy it!!!

Can someone ask for me "Steve, when you were winning La Liga in sunny Barcelona did you ever see your future as being one where you got booked for arguing with the ref in a 0-0 draw with Spartans at a freezing City Park..." because I was at that game!

In regard to the manager it would be nice to see Mixu back in the game- I believe he lives in Burntisland now. You'd better swoop before Shippy do...!

5 hours ago, Davie86 said:

Sorry for thinking about pushing to be a better higher class team..

Only get better with better people but let's go with your suggestion of frail/Smith the cheap safe option with no fucking experience at managing when we need an experienced manager.

Once again apologies for thinking about better class manager 

Calm down. Suggesting names like McInnes is just silly and no wonder people are ridiculing you. 

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Is Jim Duffy not recently appointed Ayr boss?

Sorry about that your right and I was being sarcastic.I thought Dumbarton fans were glad to get rid of him.I did not think his form was that good to move to a bigger club.

First it was Brora, then BSC and now Banks O’ Dee. What is it with ‘B’ teams?

Is that our most embarrassing result in our history? What an absolute shit show of a season, just relegate us now and fire the majority of the squad into the sea. 

One of the lowest moments in our history is this rock bottom or do we have further to fall. Shows that we need a complete change from present coaching team We need a good motivator but you have to question the ability of the squad assembled. The board need to get their new man in sooner rather than later. Who ever it may be will have some job on his hands trying to halt the losing mentality that is engraved in this current crop of players. The players really need to be told some home truths hopefully the board choose someone not afraid to do that. I would personally be approaching Albion Rovers and asking for permission to speak to Brian Reid as he appears to me to be the right kind of appointment.