The East Fife Thread

10 minutes ago, Rob Smith said:

Strong rumours that the East Fife Board have monumentally mucked this all up by making a total balls up of the budget and when realised, it was too late as Youngs targets had found other clubs. 
If indeed that is true then they should be man enough to come out and say so. 
Could this be why the Board are so quiet? Could this be the reason they haven’t got rid of Darren Young in case he comes out and calls them out? 

I’m not the Managers biggest fan but have to cut him slack over this. 

Shameful if true. 

Where are these rumours coming from? Regardless, we need to hear something from the board this week. We're 1/4 of the way through the season and it's been a complete shambles from the very start. Previously I could have understood not saying anything as often a "vote of confidence" in a manager can have the opposite affect but the radio silence cannot continue. 

3 hours ago, BlackandGauld said:

Here he is, the East Fife guru posting big words to sound like he understands this club.

To be perfectly honest, "guru" is way too big a word for you. You're most definitely not the brightest little star in the sky. 

As much as I find you entertaining in a thick little c**t kinda way, consider yourself a member of the blocked club. 👍

On 03/10/2021 at 14:05, Rob Smith said:

Strong rumours that the East Fife Board have monumentally mucked this all up by making a total balls up of the budget and when realised, it was too late as Youngs targets had found other clubs. 
If indeed that is true then they should be man enough to come out and say so. 
Could this be why the Board are so quiet? Could this be the reason they haven’t got rid of Darren Young in case he comes out and calls them out? 

I’m not the Managers biggest fan but have to cut him slack over this. 

Shameful if true. 

You're spending far too much time in your own company mate

I was too young to have visited (or at least to remember doing so) the old Bayview, but every picture of it I see makes me think that leaving it was probably one of the worst decisions in our club's history. I know a lot of folk have said it was falling apart but the comparison between that and New Bayview is stark. 

2 hours ago, Mr_Chablis said:

Just out of curiosity why did you guys leave Bayview. It was a cracking ground. Had everything you needed especially that big covered terrace.

The wall/terrace behind one of the goals was in serious danger of collapse. The place had just seen better days. We sold it for housing & got our new ground as part of the deal. At that time not long after the Taylor report on ground safety, we all thought brand new, all-seater mecano kit stadiums would have to become the norm.

“Ryan Wallace returned to training this week and is available for selection this afternoon.”

Fucking get in!!!
A forward who can put the ball in the net, it can only get better!!!

Well after daring to dream that we had turned a corner after last weeks victory our normal away day embarrassment continues. As has been said before it’s the manner of the defeats. If we lose a goal the arse falls right out the team the boys that did so well last week got the jerseys again today but it’s one foot forward two back. Same as the last time we had a decent home win we shipped 5 at Dumbarton so any momentum you get goes right out the window when you get comprehensively slaughtered. After that shambles at Dumbarton took us another 6 games to win a game of football, hopefully it doesn’t take so long this time. I’m not paid to come up with solutions for our away day woe but the manager is. If you keep doing the same things nothings going to change. How can we keep losing 4 and 5 goals every away day. Surely there has to be some kind of learning process and adjustments made I’m struggling to see any progression being made. 

Anyway, great to see we've got Steele & Newton signed up for next season already, even before we know what division we'll be in.

Can't be too bad a club to be at if guys want to stay.

I'll leave coment on today's game, as wasn't there, but we were away from home to a good side. What I can gather though, we more than matched them 1st half, 2nd sounds like one-way traffic.

Hopefully Dumbarton will be a much weaked side next week after 3 red cards today. Don't know if they will all be suspended for the visit to Bayview.

After seeing something of an improvement, hope this was just a blip!

Edited by Life on Marrs?

Looking at Darren Youngs post match interview after Saturday there doesn’t appear much anger or hurt after being hammered 4 1. Blaming everything apart from himself. Now you can’t buy a winning mentality but if you show as little anger and emotion after a comprehensive pumping then we really are in trouble. I was still hurting like he’ll come Monday we as fans can only hope the management and players feel as shite after another piss poor performance on the road.