The East Fife Thread

15 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Only taken the manager 3 years to find one of these!

Its forwards we need now

Yes indeed but as you say we are desperate for a goal scorer even if by some chance that Connell is nearing full fitness again another attacker would not be overdoing it.

From an outsiders point of view, seems on balance would be a difficult decision to give Young his jotters given recent successes/cup runs. Obviously the form can only go on so long though before a decision is made. Discussed in latest episode: (excuse shameless plug 🤷‍♂️)

13 minutes ago, Californian Fifer said:

How much longer can the board stand by and do nothing about the manager ? 

As long as they want it would seem. It's like a conspiracy of silence is taking place.  On current form we are heading down but that's maybe not bothering them too much. Back to 300 ish crowds and playing Cowdenbeath 4 times a season is about as bad as it gets. 

You were very unlucky not to get a point today.  Played with width, won the midfield battles, one off the line twice in that first half stramash, and the shot at the end that hit the post could easily have gone in.   EF not the worst team I 've seen this season (that would be us at Alloa).  

4 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

As long as they want it would seem. It's like a conspiracy of silence is taking place.  On current form we are heading down but that's maybe not bothering them too much. Back to 300 ish crowds and playing Cowdenbeath 4 times a season is about as bad as it gets. 

It absolutely should be bothering them. If they go down then the playing budget will be even lower than it is now. The quality of the squad will be even worse than it currently is, then it only takes one bad season until the club drops out of the SPFL. Once out it is very difficult for established clubs to get back in. 

10 points was an absolute minimum target for the first quarter based on aiming for an 8th place finish. A total of 4 points and 6 points (really its 9 points based on goal difference) behind Peterhead is a disaster. Believing the team would be doing better if all of the injured players were back and available is extremely naive and to be honestI don't think changing the manager will have much of an impact, but it is at the point you have to at least try something. Some fans think that this squad is much better than results have shown, but trust me its not. DY has been far too loyal to some players who simply have not returned that faith. 

We certainly did not look like a team that's going down today, but I understand it's points we need now, not praise. I said last week we probaby needed 3 forwards, as it's up front where we're struggling. Smith can't do it all!

Don't know if the blame lies with the manager, the board, or our budget, but we've no option now than to stick with what we've got.

Maybe we had a couple of players lined up, but due to the fuel crisis, they couldn't make it through to sign on time.

59 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

We certainly did not look like a team that's going down today, but I understand it's points we need now, not praise. I said last week we probaby needed 3 forwards, as it's up front where we're struggling. Smith can't do it all!

Don't know if the blame lies with the manager, the board, or our budget, but we've no option now than to stick with what we've got.

Maybe we had a couple of players lined up, but due to the fuel crisis, they couldn't make it through to sign on time.

How have we no option to stick with what we’ve got? 

Edited by Rob Smith

1 hour ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Darren saying in the courier today that he worked flat out to get players in thinking he had all the deals sown up he was let down by the clubs involved. Stating that the clubs had failed in their signing targets so weren’t in a position to allow their players out on loan. Board must still be giving him their backing if he’s still trying to make signings. Every team will go on bad runs but we are getting further away from the pack each week. Time is fast running out for our safety and the managers future.

I'll probably get some shit for this but hey ho. 

The rumours that everyone is talking about with the budget being fucked up and due to this us clearly missing the boat with many players is more than likely the reason (if they are true) the board are keeping Darren. He has done really well over his time at us and given us some unbelievable memories. 

The pair of these things combined will be why he is getting more time than most of our fans appreciate given most of the shouts over the last few weeks (and longer for some).

It really would be good to hear from the club even a Jim Stevenson statement as we had a couple of times last year. I know if there was a budget f**k up that he's not going to come out and say. But they are currently leaving the manager out to dry and leaving every single on of us guessing if what we have heard is correct.

1 hour ago, sirscottyoung said:

The rumours that everyone is talking about with the budget being fucked up and due to this us clearly missing the boat with many players is more than likely the reason (if they are true) the board are keeping Darren. He has done really well over his time at us and given us some unbelievable memories. 

The pair of these things combined will be why he is getting more time than most of our fans appreciate given most of the shouts over the last few weeks (and longer for some).

It really would be good to hear from the club even a Jim Stevenson statement as we had a couple of times last year. I know if there was a budget f**k up that he's not going to come out and say. But they are currently leaving the manager out to dry and leaving every single on of us guessing if what we have heard is correct.

I don't think there will have been a budget f**k up fella. We either have the funds or we don't. Given the current climate it's unlikely there will be much, if any funds available so every penny has to be spent wisely. No evidence of that on current showings. This is a poor team. In saying that, this will be the same for the majority of clubs so why have we suddenly become embarrassingly bad and on a downward trajectory that looks unlikely to be reversed?

If the gap gets much bigger at the foot of table then its pretty obvious where we're heading.

I agree...DY has been decent (past tense) and brought us some good moments, but we're going back 3 years. Since then he's done nothing more than keep us up which is fine in my book. I've always maintained we are a mid table 1st division club at best and we have to be realistic. Getting the additional income from reaching the play offs or a decent cup run is as far as we were ever going to go. 

All that said, we're now staring into the abyss and after a few years in the 1st it's hard to imagine going down. We've no divine right to stay up but the sudden transformation from being decent mid table side to being utter dross is a hard one to take. Losing key players for unexplained reasons tells us something isn't quite right. If the club are settling for basement league football 22-23 then that's something we have to accept but there will be a couple of hundred folk who won't accept it and wont be back. If DY can't turn this around very soon, put simply...we are fucked.

Perhaps a reason the board haven’t got rid of Young is because some of them walk around with black & gold tinted specs on and can’t or don’t want to see the shambles in front of them.

12 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

I don't think there will have been a budget f**k up fella. We either have the funds or we don't. Given the current climate it's unlikely there will be much, if any funds available so every penny has to be spent wisely. No evidence of that on current showings. This is a poor team. In saying that, this will be the same for the majority of clubs so why have we suddenly become embarrassingly bad and on a downward trajectory that looks unlikely to be reversed?

If the gap gets much bigger at the foot of table then its pretty obvious where we're heading.

I agree...DY has been decent (past tense) and brought us some good moments, but we're going back 3 years. Since then he's done nothing more than keep us up which is fine in my book. I've always maintained we are a mid table 1st division club at best and we have to be realistic. Getting the additional income from reaching the play offs or a decent cup run is as far as we were ever going to go. 

All that said, we're now staring into the abyss and after a few years in the 1st it's hard to imagine going down. We've no divine right to stay up but the sudden transformation from being decent mid table side to being utter dross is a hard one to take. Losing key players for unexplained reasons tells us something isn't quite right. If the club are settling for basement league football 22-23 then that's something we have to accept but there will be a couple of hundred folk who won't accept it and wont be back. If DY can't turn this around very soon, put simply...we are fucked.

Here he is, the East Fife guru posting big words to sound like he understands this club.

1 hour ago, BlackandGauld said:

Here he is, the East Fife guru posting big words to sound like he understands this club.

Did Young not sign a new contract in the summer,  a bit of the Kenny Black syndrome if so,   Cost money you don't have to pay him off,  if you do the new guy finds the club in dire straits,    Looks like stick with Young hope to get a surge mentality , one thing that will never change is methil is a helluva place to try and get a result over the winter months

Strong rumours that the East Fife Board have monumentally mucked this all up by making a total balls up of the budget and when realised, it was too late as Youngs targets had found other clubs. 
If indeed that is true then they should be man enough to come out and say so. 
Could this be why the Board are so quiet? Could this be the reason they haven’t got rid of Darren Young in case he comes out and calls them out? 

I’m not the Managers biggest fan but have to cut him slack over this. 

Shameful if true.