The East Fife Thread

On 20/09/2021 at 12:17, Rob Smith said:

Really don’t see why we have to wait and see what happens with the Clyde game. The damage is well and truly done and a win against Clyde is only kicking the can down the road and papering over the cracks. 

Well that result didn’t paper over the cracks and it’s a long road back into the pack. Would really like to hear some communication from the board on what they see as the problems causing the run of poor form and results.The fans turned up today and I never heard any negative shouts to the manager, the players can’t be faulted for effort but ultimately it’s a results driven business and the manager takes responsibility. Danny Swanson and Kyle Connol could bring the bit of quality needed but there isn’t any word on them coming back from injury. At least the manager took the decision to drop Dunlop and Gallagher today as their performances have been below the level expected. If the board continue to stand behind Darren let’s hear the reasons how they think he can turn around this sorry mess.

Young now has to go, this shambles can’t go on. The squad is absolute mince though and it will now take a miracle to keep us up.

Relegated in September, what a fun time being a Fife fan at the moment. I watched Arbroath yesterday and the trajectories of the 2 clubs are miles apart and it wasn’t so long ago when we were rivals.

Was fully expecting to hear news of Young’s departure, but nothing.

Looking at his record for the season in all competitions:

Played: 14
Won: 3
Drawn: 1
Lost: 10.
Goals For: 11
Goals Against: 30

Bearing in mind that 2 of those wins came in the SPFL Trust Trophy and 1 was against St Johnstone Under 18’s. It’s an appalling record.

Surely, the board have to act this week, yes a new manager might not make a difference but we need a lift somehow as the level of apathy for this early in the season is not great.

What’s the worst points total for League 1?

1 hour ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

The last 2 seasons Forfar and Stranraer have had 17 and 16 points respectively although in shortened seasons. As for a full, normal season, Stranraer got 16 points in 08/09 although you could say they were unprepared as they were only promoted into the league that campaign due to Gretnas demise. Berwick also 16 points the season before. 

Shortened answer to your question - 16

43 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

Young clearly has a high opinion of himself with all those full time jobs he applied for. Clearly the fact we're still stuck with him tells its own story.

Why are the board not recognising failure?

Absolutely no doubt he would have been sacked from any other club with this appalling start to the season. 
Even last season the signs were there and thank God for Jack Hamilton’s goals. 
The 2 year contract gifted to Young gets more pathetic as each week goes by. 

Lots of calls for Young’s head and backing coming from the board. What about this one then, Young identifies a non-compromising, very tall central defender, he asks the board to finance it, they hum and haw and eventually agree to pay the costs BUT said player has already signed on elsewhere. Not saying Young is blameless but is he getting the resources to get the quality we desperately need??????

2 hours ago, King Kebab said:

News just out this morning!!!IMG_1632658395.853330.jpg
Could he be clearing the way for a move elsewhere???

Fotheringham and Dair have a pretty patchy record at Junior and EoS level. They leave with Dundonald in tenth position in league, having played more games than teams around them.

Would suggest the return of Crawford and Jason Dair would be a better option, and no one would welcome that

3 hours ago, King Kebab said:

News just out this morning!!!IMG_1632658395.853330.jpg
Could he be clearing the way for a move elsewhere???

No, certainly not to East Fife anyway.  Would imagine Stevie Frail would make the step up, short term anyway. All hypothetical. Young needs to get into the sea first and foremost.

No matter who we get they are left with the same tripe of a squad until we can empty the majority of them next season anyway.

I wouldn’t mind us getting a relatively new coach with decent contacts in so he can cut his teeth for the rest of the season before the League 2 campaign next season.

Fotheringam’s record is a bit meh so wouldn’t want him.

14 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Was fully expecting to hear news of Young’s departure, but nothing.

Looking at his record for the season in all competitions:

Played: 14
Won: 3
Drawn: 1
Lost: 10.
Goals For: 11
Goals Against: 30

Bearing in mind that 2 of those wins came in the SPFL Trust Trophy and 1 was against St Johnstone Under 18’s. It’s an appalling record.

Surely, the board have to act this week, yes a new manager might not make a difference but we need a lift somehow as the level of apathy for this early in the season is not great.

Google it rather than attention seeking with negativity here. 

What an absolut embarrassment we’ve become here guys. Surely it’s time for Darren to go. See that Kevin fozzy fotheringham just left his role and the chat around the Leven area is that hes “signed da ting”

Google it rather than attention seeking with negativity here. 

Oh great, you’re back.

Maybe google ‘irony’.

7 hours ago, WhoAmI said:

Lots of calls for Young’s head and backing coming from the board. What about this one then, Young identifies a non-compromising, very tall central defender, he asks the board to finance it, they hum and haw and eventually agree to pay the costs BUT said player has already signed on elsewhere. Not saying Young is blameless but is he getting the resources to get the quality we desperately need??????

Look , in the football world the buck stops with the manager- but I hear what you say- something is not right, or put it another way, the manager is not the only one who has not performed this year.

The last 3 /4 years have been the best football and excitement I have seen in a number of years. - beating our neighbours regularly, beating teams in league above regularly. We cannot ignore that Darren was the manager during that time. Yet i get of late things are poor and even during those 3/4 years we probably could of done better. What is without question though is Darren can sign players, he knows a good player and we have evidence of that.Yet this year the signings have been really , really poor- is that because of the budget available? 
We have a shocking shareholder structure- and at times I wonder staying in league 1 is a nice to have , rather than a must have for some, certainly our key shareholders( again understand the directors position re hands strung re shareholding!)- anyway football is unfair- DY will likely be the casualty, but he is not the only culprit!

ps actually thought we played a lot better on Saturday🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, BlackandGauld said:

Listen I was at the game Saturday and some of the fans that I spoke to,s comments about players were absalutely disgusting. I actually reported a few of them to the local steward who as per did nothing 

Here's the thing. Absolutely no-one listens to you, you utter moron. Not even the stewards it would seem, although I find your tedious little story a bit far fetched.

School tomorrow. Get to yer feckin bed.