The East Fife Thread

Our main problem is the defence ,I am sure the manager is well aware of that.I thought the manager had approached other defenders but they signed for other teams because they had better offers.It’s a younger  dominant centre half we need with a bit of pace but where do you find one of them?

2 hours ago, East Fife 1903 said:

Only three league games in. I think we have to give the new players a chance to settle in . I think we'll come good .Keep the faith.

Agreed its too early, but would feel a lot more comfortable if our experienced injured players were back… hopefully that will happen sooner rather than later… think also Brett is a huge loss…. But I remember a few  years ago we couldn't buy a win and then got a victory up at Montrose and went on a long unbeaten run……. Here’s hoping that can happen again🙏

Losing 9 goals in 3 games tells you all you need to know about our defensive woes. Everyone knew we had a tough set of fixtures  big spending Queens Park, Cove and Alloa in our first 3 games. I’ve not hit the panic button yet but our next two fixtures at home to Montrose and Peterhead will be a big indication of how far we have sunk. Our away form is worse than ridiculous, and it really puts pressure on to get victories on home soil. We managed to do that last season and you’ve got to be looking for 4 points from our next two home games. The two central defensive positions need looked at and it’s time to try something different in those positions next week. 

11 hours ago, BlackandGauld said:

We’ve become an embarrassment. Will be lucky if we even get 9th this season. really need these strikers to sign 

It wasn’t too long ago you were criticising “ negative” comments. Has the leper changed its spots. You seem unable to read the roof. 

2 hours ago, Another The Other Chairman said:

It wasn’t too long ago you were criticising “ negative” comments. Has the leper changed its spots. You seem unable to read the roof. 

The Fife were outclassed today by a clinical Cove team today and looked a 2nd division team playing a championship  team. Looking at the Cove they are a team of seasoned professionals who have and still could play at a higher level and the Fife couldn’t handle them, first to every ball, sharper and well organised. I feel after seeing the first 3 games the teams we played are streets ahead in quality, speed and organisation and think Darren and Steve have a difficult task to keep us in this division. I do not blame Darren or his players because I know Darren has tried his best to bring in quality players but struggles due to financial constraints and the players he has at the moment try hard but lack that bit of quality needed to compete in this division. Hopefully when the injury list eases and our squad comes back we will create a more competitive team. “ mon the Fife “

14 hours ago, flyfifer48 said:

3  maybe 4 of Coves goals came from the left wing area. Both our full backs lack support from the middle of the park. That's one of our major failings. We miss Davidson for the dig and link up play. 

The first goal was from Denholm vs Milne. The cross that eventually led to the second goal was Newton vs Yule. The cross leading to the penalty was Leitch vs. Newton and the cross that lead to the fifth was Milne unopposed because Dunsmore had switched off (again). Going back to last week 1st goal came from an unopposed cross and the second goal came from Semple turning his back on Church I think.

So maybe the question needs to be what are the full backs doing when these crosses are coming in? Please note that this is a rhetorical question.

1 hour ago, 7 Eleven said:

The first goal was from Denholm vs Milne. The cross that eventually led to the second goal was Newton vs Yule. The cross leading to the penalty was Leitch vs. Newton and the cross that lead to the fifth was Milne unopposed because Dunsmore had switched off (again). Going back to last week 1st goal came from an unopposed cross and the second goal came from Semple turning his back on Church I think.

So maybe the question needs to be what are the full backs doing when these crosses are coming in? Please note that this is a rhetorical question.

I don’t think any of our backs are quick enough.I do think as another poster pointed out Davidson is hugely underrated and sorely missed when he’s not playing.He’s the one that does all the tackling and breaks up the attacks.I get your point about Dunsmore at times it’s like he’s playing in a bounce game that means nothing.

The first edition of our match day programme, The Bayview will be available for Saturday’s visit of Montrose.

The price will remain at £2 and a package of all league and cup programmes for the rest of the season is available for £30.

Supporters who previously received a postal copy can have the same programmes posted ( UK only ) for £60. Anyone interested please let me know on email     fftc@btinternet.com

Always was going to be a struggle htis season. Hoping with the manager signing a 2 year deal, this season is going to be a bit of a transition, with a focus on the longer term.

What we've got now is a squad though, with options. Whether or not it'll be good enough, only time will tell.

1 hour ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Always was going to be a struggle htis season. Hoping with the manager signing a 2 year deal, this season is going to be a bit of a transition, with a focus on the longer term.

What we've got now is a squad though, with options. Whether or not it'll be good enough, only time will tell.

Agreed-This year is all about survival and hopefully development of the team.

I slightly worry when I compare ourselves to say 3 yrs ago- a younger Smithy, a really good goalie in Brett, the best attacking midfielder in the league in Aggie,a lightning quick attacking midfielder in Dunnsy. a tough as nails defender in Meggett, and the enthusiasm of Tonks. That team beat Championship teams and the Rovers on a regular basis and was just short of a player or 2 to make the play-offs- fear this team has a lot of development to meet that standard. Here’s hoping…..🤞

22 hours ago, Its not only a game said:

Agreed-This year is all about survival and hopefully development of the team.

I slightly worry when I compare ourselves to say 3 yrs ago- a younger Smithy, a really good goalie in Brett, the best attacking midfielder in the league in Aggie,a lightning quick attacking midfielder in Dunnsy. a tough as nails defender in Meggett, and the enthusiasm of Tonks. That team beat Championship teams and the Rovers on a regular basis and was just short of a player or 2 to make the play-offs- fear this team has a lot of development to meet that standard. Here’s hoping…..🤞

Completely agree here. When i think of East Fife, I have to remind myself how poor we have become. Even with Smith still going, I dont think we have enough game changers in this side. I think our defence is decent enough for this league but they need support from the midfield. Lacking energy right across the midfield right now. Hopefully some of the new guys can fill that void. 

5 hours ago, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:

Completely agree here. When i think of East Fife, I have to remind myself how poor we have become. Even with Smith still going, I dont think we have enough game changers in this side. I think our defence is decent enough for this league but they need support from the midfield. Lacking energy right across the midfield right now. Hopefully some of the new guys can fill that void. 

“ I think our defence is decent”

I don’t think so ,the defence is clearly not good enough.

Always been baffled Darren Young keeps getting linked with bigger teams.

Mid table to bottom half finish consistently, surely you lads should be doing better than that.

Is this the end finally for him at East Fife?

Edited by Loon From Outta Toon