The East Fife Thread

What’s happening! No Murdoch, Dunsmore, Higgins, Dunlop, Davidson, Swanson, Denholm, Brown and well Wallace!!!!! last night. A central defence pairing of Steele and Slattery ( who both did ok last night by the way). Hope things look up soon or ……..

Still hope we see a big strong central defender soon and possibly a midfielder.

49 minutes ago, WhoAmI said:

What’s happening! No Murdoch, Dunsmore, Higgins, Dunlop, Davidson, Swanson, Denholm, Brown and well Wallace!!!!! last night. A central defence pairing of Steele and Slattery ( who both did ok last night by the way). Hope things look up soon or ……..

Still hope we see a big strong central defender soon and possibly a midfielder.

The last time we played Stirling in this competition we played the fringe players and some of the youth team.Probably because the league is more important.You don’t want to lose any more players through injury.

53 minutes ago, troy said:

The last time we played Stirling in this competition we played the fringe players and some of the youth team.Probably because the league is more important.You don’t want to lose any more players through injury.

Yes I agree that the league is the most important but I was merely pointing out that these players were unavailable and had it been a rearranged league game DY would have had his work cut out. Don’t forget we have only played 2 league games so far and the list is long already although maybe some of them had work commitments not injuries and will be available come Saturday.

Not commented on here in ages however feeling the need to going by some of the posts and posts on social medias.

Wallace is away now, yes we are all gutted and I really hope he misses footy and comes back but I can't see it, so that's the end of that. Putting him down as "out" the games, is this gonna continue all season long? 🤣

Swanson at the game on Tuesday was still in his brace and looks like his knee still bothers him with the way he's walking. Don't know if he really knows what the timeframe is, never mind the club. We all just need to know he is out for a fair while anyway.

Folk moaning about the lack of depth. It looks like we have a couple of key injuries to starting 11 players.

Davidson looked like he rolled his ankle.

Murdoch I can't really remember.

Dunsy did his hammy and on Tuesday night was getting 1-1 coaching I saw to build it up.

Add Swanson obviously so that's 4 first teamers, so not too great but hopefully get them all back soon.

Squad wise.

Goalkeepers of Gallacher and Smith are the two replacements for long and hart. Time will tell on these ones.

Defence we have murdo, dunsy, Higgins, Dunlop, mercer, Steele and pat with supposed talk of another CB joining which puts us at a stronger position than last year especially having mercer back.

Midfield we have newton, davidson, watt, denholm, Swanson, McManus and Scott Ingles reported of another attacking midfielder joining us. Again looks stronger than last year (should this new guy take over agnews mantle) 

Striker wise we now have Smith, Brown, Semple, Connell and Cunningham too. 

This is probably close to if not overall better than what we had last year. Yes we had jack Hamilton for a couple months but that was it, teams in our league don't tend to get guys of that quality.

Add in the young guys we have floating about the squad, Dow, Anderson, Campbell, Allan, Healy (out on loan), McKenzie and Dair with Dow being a stand out in my eyes. The squad is actually not as bad as people are making it out to be. 

What has clearly become very apparent is teams are spending through the nose on some players with the numbers being banded about for players.

Teams like Kelty, Darvel, Alloa, Cove all paying crazy part time money supposedly and then you have Queen's park paying full time wages. 

I think the main thing us as fans can do to help the club is to try and get to as many home games as we can to increase the club coffers, buy season tickets, order hospitality (if possible for friend's birthdays, Christmas etc) and try our utmost to get more money into the club. 

An extra 20 people at every home league game this season paying for an adults ticket is £110 towards an extra players wage. 

Now imagine if we packed out Bayview by an extra 100 with people deciding just to go down and help their club?? That's probably pushing getting in 2 big earners into our squad.

The little things matter to clubs at this level so the more folk that just decide to get a season ticket or just to go to the games is a massive help to the team, to the budget, to bringing in better players, to bringing more people to the game as standard of football is rising etc etc.

we don't have a sugar daddy like kelty to pump in the money in the hope that fans start coming to games due to the hype.

Its definitely a vicious circle and we can definitely do our bit to help speed up the process and help get the hype of East Fife up a bit.

9 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Not commented on here in ages however feeling the need to going by some of the posts and posts on social medias.

Wallace is away now, yes we are all gutted and I really hope he misses footy and comes back but I can't see it, so that's the end of that. Putting him down as "out" the games, is this gonna continue all season long? 🤣

Swanson at the game on Tuesday was still in his brace and looks like his knee still bothers him with the way he's walking. Don't know if he really knows what the timeframe is, never mind the club. We all just need to know he is out for a fair while anyway.

Folk moaning about the lack of depth. It looks like we have a couple of key injuries to starting 11 players.

Davidson looked like he rolled his ankle.

Murdoch I can't really remember.

Dunsy did his hammy and on Tuesday night was getting 1-1 coaching I saw to build it up.

Add Swanson obviously so that's 4 first teamers, so not too great but hopefully get them all back soon.

Squad wise.

Goalkeepers of Gallacher and Smith are the two replacements for long and hart. Time will tell on these ones.

Defence we have murdo, dunsy, Higgins, Dunlop, mercer, Steele and pat with supposed talk of another CB joining which puts us at a stronger position than last year especially having mercer back.

Midfield we have newton, davidson, watt, denholm, Swanson, McManus and Scott Ingles reported of another attacking midfielder joining us. Again looks stronger than last year (should this new guy take over agnews mantle) 

Striker wise we now have Smith, Brown, Semple, Connell and Cunningham too. 

This is probably close to if not overall better than what we had last year. Yes we had jack Hamilton for a couple months but that was it, teams in our league don't tend to get guys of that quality.

Add in the young guys we have floating about the squad, Dow, Anderson, Campbell, Allan, Healy (out on loan), McKenzie and Dair with Dow being a stand out in my eyes. The squad is actually not as bad as people are making it out to be. 

What has clearly become very apparent is teams are spending through the nose on some players with the numbers being banded about for players.

Teams like Kelty, Darvel, Alloa, Cove all paying crazy part time money supposedly and then you have Queen's park paying full time wages. 

I think the main thing us as fans can do to help the club is to try and get to as many home games as we can to increase the club coffers, buy season tickets, order hospitality (if possible for friend's birthdays, Christmas etc) and try our utmost to get more money into the club. 

An extra 20 people at every home league game this season paying for an adults ticket is £110 towards an extra players wage. 

Now imagine if we packed out Bayview by an extra 100 with people deciding just to go down and help their club?? That's probably pushing getting in 2 big earners into our squad.

The little things matter to clubs at this level so the more folk that just decide to get a season ticket or just to go to the games is a massive help to the team, to the budget, to bringing in better players, to bringing more people to the game as standard of football is rising etc etc.

we don't have a sugar daddy like kelty to pump in the money in the hope that fans start coming to games due to the hype.

Its definitely a vicious circle and we can definitely do our bit to help speed up the process and help get the hype of East Fife up a bit.

This is a slightly over detailed assessment of my thoughts and is what brought about the “negative” chat I stated last week.

we are signing a young striker from Havant and Waterlooville that has stats to rival ally mccoist (albeit at non league level), watch our fans still greet about it like little entitled babies 

2 hours ago, BlackandGauld said:

This is a slightly over detailed assessment of my thoughts and is what brought about the “negative” chat I stated last week.

we are signing a young striker from Havant and Waterlooville that has stats to rival ally mccoist (albeit at non league level), watch our fans still greet about it like little entitled babies 

Hold on, You were chatting saying we’re signing Jordan Austin and we haven’t signed anyone since Saturday certainly not Austin😂😂 do you just announce rumours of players for your fantasy world

going to hide before he bites to my reply again...

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office.

10 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Hold on, You were chatting saying we’re signing Jordan Austin and we haven’t signed anyone since Saturday certainly not Austin😂😂 do you just announce rumours of players for your fantasy world

going to hide before he bites to my reply again...

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office.

If you actually bothered your arse to come and watch training you’d see JJ was there. Currently nursing a calf injury and that’s why he’s not signing I’m told. Was speaking to him the other day there.

but forgot you know best, fella’

2 hours ago, BlackandGauld said:

If you actually bothered your arse to come and watch training you’d see JJ was there. Currently nursing a calf injury and that’s why he’s not signing I’m told. Was speaking to him the other day there.

So I take it you live in Edinburgh 

6 hours ago, BlackandGauld said:

When it comes to signing rumours, read DY's interview in the East Fife Mail and save yourself a trip to Edinburgh the following day pal. 

East Fife sign Daniel Higgins from Cove on a permanent deal. Good bit of business I'd say. He's got potential and looked impressive at times for us in L2 before getting injured. Think L1 is his level but give him game time (and get him match fit) and he could be a nice addition to your squad.

He's comfortable with the ball at his feet, can play DCM and has a decent long range shot / free kick in him. Also decent in the air in both boxes. 

Not the very quickest centre back but no slouch either.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

I wasn’t the only fan who had reservations going into this season as the squad was considerably weaker than last and it’s fair to say that we are heading for a relegation battle.

The recruitment hasn’t been anywhere near good enough and add in the Wallace situation, something isn’t right behind the scenes and the fact that we are still scrambling to add quality to the squad 7 games into the season just shows how poor our transfer policy has been. Our latest signing in Osei_Bonsu is unknown and might be a gem, however we shouldn’t be taking risks. The squad lacks some real quality in key positions and we have left it far too late to fix the problem.

I commend the club in giving youth a chance, but they need help. It’s a massive step up from under 20’s to League 1. Now it also looks like we might not have a senior GK. We are in a mess and the season looks a write off already.