The East Fife Thread

Wonderful display today but really does bother me those “fans” of ours happy to accept a draw with a lesser team than us. Queen’s Park were near the bottom of league 2 5 mins ago and now we are wanting pitch invasions for a draw with them, cmon guys we deserve better than this and DY

Looked back to when Hampden was sold.  Reports from various agencies seem to confirm  QP had all debts wiped out and received £5.1m for the sale.

Yes they are developing Lesser Hampden and it’s anybody’s guess who is helping fund that but that is the spending power we need to compete against.

QP we’re quite good today and will undoubtedly spend to get better.  It will be quite a while before their board need to worry about the cost of a professional  set-up balanced  against the income from semi- professional attendances.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Is Ryan Wallace just going to sit out this season, or do you expect he'll get released at some point? Seems mad that not much is being said or done about that situation, surely on too much of a wage to be sat doing nothing?

Agree with this. Sure I saw on Twitter he said he was finished with footy. Get the wages and get someone decent in to lead the line properly 

34 minutes ago, BlackandGauld said:

Why aM I being called out on GDOG podcast for starting a rumour about Jordan Austin? I’m only going by what I’m told yet now I’m the scapegoat. 

It’s the price you pay for passing on what was obviously just nonsense.  Stop and think in future.

11 hours ago, Another The Other Chairman said:

It’s the price you pay for passing on what was obviously just nonsense.  Stop and think in future.

It’s a community forum in which I’m perfectly entitaled to pass on any info I get. This is from the same reliable source that said last year Anton was going to Falkirk and that Wallace was out for the season. Read the room, mate. 

It’s a community forum in which I’m perfectly entitaled to pass on any info I get. This is from the same reliable source that said last year Anton was going to Falkirk and that Wallace was out for the season. Read the room, mate. 

That’s plenty.

8 hours ago, BlackandGauld said:

Chris Wreh got a hattrick for Banbury United at the weekend. What a joke we didn’t get him. Should have paid him whatever he wanted 

Who the f… are Banbury United??????  What if the Leven United striker gets a hat trick this week do we sign him and pay him whatever he wants.

The reasons we didn't sign Wreh were fairly well publicised. He was on trial at a fair few clubs in Scotland after his agent had him up here, we told them the wages we'd be able to pay then when it came to organising a deal the agent started playing clubs off against each other to get more to the extent we couldn't pay the wages. 

13 hours ago, BlackandGauld said:

I know someone who has a friend who knows most of the wheeler dealers in Scottish football. He has told me in confidence that Jordan Austin will not be joining East Fife.

p.s. “read the room”  makes absolutely no sense.