The East Fife Thread

On 25/07/2021 at 19:59, Rob Smith said:

Strong rumours saying that Ryan Wallace has had bust up with Darren Young and has. walked out.  

Probably rock up at the Falkirk stadium as our new marquee er market signing. If an out of contract jobber from Dumbarton can get a two year deal at us then Wallace if he's any sense will have his agent straight on the phone to Holt. I might even accept it if you'd please take Anton dugshite Dowds back. 

Was really hoping to here some news regarding signings tonight after training. Time fast running out and if we don’t get some decent quality through the door the writing is on the wall. Darrens short comings in the last two transfer windows has left us in a sorry mess. I can’t remember starting a new footballing season with so little hope. 

I have noted that’s it’s season ticket holders only for the game against Queen’s Park.Why are we selling tickets for the away end to Queen’s Park.Surely it makes more sense to allow more home supporters in.The limited crowd is a complete farce.

14 hours ago, troy said:

I have noted that’s it’s season ticket holders only for the game against Queen’s Park.Why are we selling tickets for the away end to Queen’s Park.Surely it makes more sense to allow more home supporters in.The limited crowd is a complete farce.

Looks like you got your wishes. Your back office is even worse than ours. Can’t keep to their word either. Piss poor! Thought Fife was better than that.

20 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Looks like you got your wishes. Your back office is even worse than ours. Can’t keep to their word either. Piss poor! Thought Fife was better than that.

From what I'm hearing a lot of our hardcore away support got tickets through this morning's sale so not sure what this post is about.

Our allocation obviously wasn't that much given the current restrictions so some were gonna miss out but I honestly feel  grateful to get the opportunity and lucky that I got in quick enough to get what I needed. Last week I was fully expecting this game to be home fans only 

6 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

From what I'm hearing a lot of our hardcore away support got tickets through this morning's sale so not sure what this post is about.

Our allocation obviously wasn't that much given the current restrictions so some were gonna miss out but I honestly feel  grateful to get the opportunity and lucky that I got in quick enough to get what I needed. Last week I was fully expecting this game to be home fans only 

It’s about someone at East Fife writing 3 e mails and promising to let me know when tickets would be on sale, and didn’t. I contacted them due to our own club not having information. I just checked the Facebook post you mentioned and it’s timed at an hour ago so must have been posted very close to the sale time. I guess some people are luckier to “get in quick enough”.

8 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

It’s about someone at East Fife writing 3 e mails and promising to let me know when tickets would be on sale, and didn’t. I contacted them due to our own club not having information. I just checked the Facebook post you mentioned and it’s timed at an hour ago so must have been posted very close to the sale time. I guess some people are luckier to “get in quick enough”.

Yeah I was.  

12 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

There were posts on social media yesterday from both clubs that had the 10am time stated

7 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

There were posts on social media yesterday from both clubs that had the 10am time stated

The tickets went on sale before 10am though, about 5 minutes early, and sold very quickly. I was lucky enough to get mine but that's definitely not ideal.

29 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Which social media? That’s like advertising a will in The Times of London. It wasn’t on the official site and the FB page is timed around ten this morning. Why in this day in age with software available to run the very same article on multiple platforms at the very same time can we not have consistent information on all of the advertised social media platforms?

20 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Getting tickets as an away supporter is going to be pretty nightmarish aside from when you're away to clubs with grounds far bigger than the average home attendance (Airdrie, Clyde, and Falkirk maybe?).

I agree but when you’re told by EFFC at the start of the week that QP will have 3 sections, I trusted that. I responded asking if I could share on social media (PnB) and was asked to hold back as there was a glitch. I kept my part of the deal. The “office” didn’t. I’ve no problem with something changing. What’s disappointing is being told in a subsequent e mail that “office” would get back to me and didn’t. Compounded by QP not communicating to all fans, especially those who aren’t in the right WhatsApp chat.

image.png.c91d2b24b4ccb734eabf22ccc5b4b6af.png

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

8 minutes ago, troy said:

Who is deciding that you give tickets to the away support.Is  itthe football authorities or East Fife fc.

Clubs can decide who they sell to. No travel restrictions within Scotland, so the government doesn’t have a say.

10 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Which social media? That’s like advertising a will in The Times of London. It wasn’t on the official site and the FB page is timed around ten this morning. Why in this day in age with software available to run the very same article on multiple platforms at the very same time can we not have consistent information on all of the advertised social media platforms?

On East Fife's Facebook page yesterday afternoon. 

Screenshot_2021-07-29-12-16-22-328_com.facebook.katana.thumb.jpg.4a4299c0f619824a625bb64b37deab8d.jpg

35 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Compounded by QP not communicating to all fans, especially those who aren’t in the right WhatsApp chat.

Do you want me to add you? (that was a joke by the way)

Seriously, I've learned not to trust our social media for anything. I checked East Fife's website and twitter

1 hour ago, BlackandGauld said:

Morning lads, just been told we are getting an ex player back. I wasn’t a fan of the club when this guy first played for us, is he any good https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jordan-austin/profil/spieler/411620

JJ has been playing amateur football since he left, which is probably his level. Failed to score in his last spell. At least it’s not the return of Paul Willis.