The East Fife Thread

9 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

The carrot for joining Cove, QP or Kelty is very likely the significantly larger wages they can offer in comparison to us. 

Yes, but why are they paying such significantly large wages? Where do they expect to make any return on this investment?

47 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Like asking why someone would buy a Bugatti Veyron as opposed to a Ford Fiesta

So, in that case are those clubs being run as a 'crash & burn' Gretna style, or do they think that they can pay unsustainable wages int he short term in the hope they can reach a level where it becomes sustainable?

Think he meant the carrot that Cove etc are chasing.

I have posted on other forums that I believe eventually these clubs will find their level, based on the crowds they will attract when the sugar daddy or sponsorship money runs out in 10,15 20 years or whatever. I always use Ross County as an example, they are brilliantly run as a business but without the income from McGregor they will eventually be a Div 3 club.

22 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

So, in that case are those clubs being run as a 'crash & burn' Gretna style, or do they think that they can pay unsustainable wages int he short term in the hope they can reach a level where it becomes sustainable?

I think they'd all say the latter. In reality, all three clubs will probably keep progressing up the leagues as far as their investment allows them and then slip back down when the investment dries up. It's all very exciting signing players from two leagues above and skooshing the LL, HL, or L2. They'll all hit a barrier though sooner or later.

9 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Think he meant the carrot that Cove etc are chasing.

I have posted on other forums that I believe eventually these clubs will find their level, based on the crowds they will attract when the sugar daddy or sponsorship money runs out in 10,15 20 years or whatever. I always use Ross County as an example, they are brilliantly run as a business but without the income from McGregor they will eventually be a Div 3 club.

I don’t know the detail behind Ross County’s funding but they seem to have a structure and fan base to be a Div1 team with visits to the Championship if the major funder withdrew.

All the clubs mentioned e.g. Kelty  are being privately funded. Banks are not going lend to most clubs in the Scottish leagues money which would be used to buy and pay players .

Good luck to them all while it lasts but as an earlier poster wrote, if or when the funding stops they will fall back to a level dictated by crowds.

1 hour ago, Life on Marrs? said:

In a nutshell

WG through silly money into Ballingry and see what happened there

18 minutes ago, Another The Other Chairman said:

I don’t know the detail behind Ross County’s funding but they seem to have a structure and fan base to be a Div1 team with visits to the Championship if the major funder withdrew.

All the clubs mentioned e.g. Kelty  are being privately funded. Banks are not going lend to most clubs in the Scottish leagues money which would be used to buy and pay players .

Good luck to them all while it lasts but as an earlier poster wrote, if or when the funding stops they will fall back to a level dictated by crowds.

Parent company Global Energy Group lends to Ross County FC to stay afloat and debt free

23 minutes ago, Another The Other Chairman said:

I don’t know the detail behind Ross County’s funding

Roy MacGregor.

Hes written off over £10m worth of "debt" in the last 5 years alone.

47 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Parent company Global Energy Group lends to Ross County FC to stay afloat and debt free

Not quite sure of your point. If it’s just informing me of where Ross County get their money then thank you. As said previously all is fine as long as that continues but if it stops it could be the seaside league. 
Gray and Ballingry  were mentioned earlier. He flashed the cash at East Fife as well and left a complete mess behind him.

Yeah just a case of informing you where RS get their money which was my point no more no less

Apologies as didn,t read that Gray was mentioned earlier .BTW,he flashed the cash to an extent at us also and was behind the Glasgow mob becoming involved at our club who left a complete mess behind

17 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Yes, but why are they paying such significantly large wages? Where do they expect to make any return on this investment?

It doesn't matter as long as their shareholders/directors can keep meeting the losses. Let's all be honest we all chuck away money on our hobbies.

7 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

When will the East Fife offer tickets on their website for the QP game ?

Season ticket holders have until noon on Wednesday to book their match ticket. and purchase additional ticket. After that I presume if there are any left they will go on general sale. Current restrictions limit capacity to 300