The East Fife Thread

2 hours ago, sammytroot said:

Are there any plans to move the dugouts to the opposite side of the ground as in the Jim Moffat era?This would increase the ground capacity at a stroke.

Where would the fun be in that? In the past we have had good banter with many managers for instance John McGlynn. Anyway it would be a lot of work to gain something like 10 extra seats.

3 hours ago, sammytroot said:

Are there any plans to move the dugouts to the opposite side of the ground as in the Jim Moffat era?This would increase the ground capacity at a stroke.

I'd rather the club concentrated on getting a barrier around the pitch for spectators. It's little wonder why people regard Bayview as one of the worst grounds in Scottish football.  

4 hours ago, sammytroot said:

Was the dugouts not moved when Billy Brown grabbed the microphone at half time after facing the boos of the home support. I don’t think it make a difference where they should be, I canny see tomorrow game a sell out both teams playing for fourth/bottom spot

any word on new players?

Was the dugouts not moved when Billy Brown grabbed the microphone at half time after facing the boos of the home support. I don’t think it make a difference where they should be, I canny see tomorrow game a sell out both teams playing for fourth/bottom spot
any word on new players?

It was Rab Shannon that got the dugouts moved, I’m sure!!!

Well. Things are looking very very worrying. Results have been poor so far, the squad looks to have been weakened fairly substantially, injuries and now seeing tweets suggesting Wallace is, temporarily at the very least, chucking it. The board/DY are going to have to come up with something here because currently we look like favourites for going down. 

Ryan Wallace probably asking himself what’s the point in giving up all his time and effort to play in a team that hardly looks likely to score a goal. He cut a frustrated figure in the Arbroath game when they went down to 10 men and no goalkeeper and we couldn’t register one shot on goal. Then after the embarrassment of a performance at Kelty he’s probably thought I’m not putting in all this time and effort travelling around the country to see my team mates make the same basic mistakes week in week out. After today’s result he’ll be sorely missed and as has been said the silence on the signing front is deafening. If the manager fails to attract 2 or 3 decent signings next week it certainly looks like we are in big trouble. I know it’s difficult to attract players for the money we can offer but Darren will know the last 2 transfer windows have not been great. 

What is going on?

1 week out from the league starting and our squad is nowhere near good enough to compete at this level now. With Wallace now deciding to step away, we are heading to League 2. Disappointing that our season is pretty much over and it’s only July.

Very worrying, but who is to blame?

1 hour ago, fifer67 said:

Ryan Wallace probably asking himself what’s the point in giving up all his time and effort to play in a team that hardly looks likely to score a goal. He cut a frustrated figure in the Arbroath game when they went down to 10 men and no goalkeeper and we couldn’t register one shot on goal. Then after the embarrassment of a performance at Kelty he’s probably thought I’m not putting in all this time and effort travelling around the country to see my team mates make the same basic mistakes week in week out. After today’s result he’ll be sorely missed and as has been said the silence on the signing front is deafening. If the manager fails to attract 2 or 3 decent signings next week it certainly looks like we are in big trouble. I know it’s difficult to attract players for the money we can offer but Darren will know the last 2 transfer windows have not been great. 

Ryan Wallace will be well paid for his time and effort and is in a fairly priviledged position to be earning money playing football. Lets not pretend he’s having to carry out some gruelling chore of a job for no money. If he’s decided to chuck it because he can’t be arsed you’re better off rid tbh. 

I’m not convinced that is the reason mind you, you’ve got to assume there has been a serious falling out or some personal issues away from football that has led to him stepping away from the game.

Ryan Wallace will be well paid for his time and effort and is in a fairly priviledged position to be earning money playing football. Lets not pretend he’s having to carry out some gruelling chore of a job for no money. If he’s decided to chuck it because he can’t be arsed you’re better off rid tbh. 
I’m not convinced that is the reason mind you, you’ve got to assume there has been a serious falling out or some personal issues away from football that has led to him stepping away from the game.

Something doesn’t add up behind the scenes, I’m sure in time the reasons will come out as to why he’s decided to step away for a bit.

So that leaves us with Kev Smith and ex East Stirling jobber Sean Brown as our only recognised strikers at the club. Great.

1 hour ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Something doesn’t add up behind the scenes, I’m sure in time the reasons will come out as to why he’s decided to step away for a bit.

So that leaves us with Kev Smith and ex East Stirling jobber Sean Brown as our only recognised strikers at the club. Great.

I usually back Darren and the team and have done through thick and thin but it's certainly getting concerning now.

A young player training with fife, looking good the signs for Kelty because they offer £350 a week and we cannot compete.... where is all the money coming from in lower league teams?

As for Wallace, I just wish there had been a bit of honesty not little tweets that " not injured " etc, he is paid to play football and is in a contract to do so.

I just hope it's not another player holding out for a move.... very close with aggie.... mmmm, if its genuine a family issue then I'm truly sorry. 

Today was beyond poor,  long ball after long ball bypass midfield hoping kev will do something, we are in deep trouble playing like this with a team that is mounting in injuries and players that don't want to play,  I don't believe it's a darren issue or that a management change will help.

Sorry, rant over

What I can't understand is what is the 'carrot' that Cove, Queens Park, Kelty & several others are chasing? Presumably, its Championship football, but if these rewards are so lucrative, then why aren't we able to do likewise? We had a least a division of a start on these 3. Or are some of these clubs run as some sort of tax loss?

Anyway both McGuigan & Wallace's wages would've been budgeted for, so surely we should be seeing at least a couple of new faces, probably need to dip into loan market for 2 or 3 more. Season is a bit of a worry already though. C'mon the Fife!

10 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

What I can't understand is what is the 'carrot' that Cove, Queens Park, Kelty & several others are chasing? Presumably, its Championship football, but if these rewards are so lucrative, then why aren't we able to do likewise? We had a least a division of a start on these 3. Or are some of these clubs run as some sort of tax loss?

Anyway both McGuigan & Wallace's wages would've been budgeted for, so surely we should be seeing at least a couple of new faces, probably need to dip into loan market for 2 or 3 more. Season is a bit of a worry already though. C'mon the Fife!

The carrot for joining Cove, QP or Kelty is very likely the significantly larger wages they can offer in comparison to us. 

It seems pointless to get players and managers to sign contracts.Agnew had a year to go on his contract but wanted to spend more time with his family.No problem you can do that and then he signs for his local team and our rivals Airdrie.Ryan Wallace then decides he’s had enough yet he’s still on a contract.Should those in charge not respond to what’s going on at the club.

17 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

What is going on?

1 week out from the league starting and our squad is nowhere near good enough to compete at this level now. With Wallace now deciding to step away, we are heading to League 2. Disappointing that our season is pretty much over and it’s only July.

Very worrying, but who is to blame?

Not sure anyone to blame. Been very unlucky with  a few key injuries in pre season, McGuigan decides on a new career( was pleased with that signing) and now something has happened with Wallace. Manager got a good track record of finding players- hope that continues , unfortunately time not on our side, sure loans will be part of this years solution in view of time pressure

4 hours ago, troy said:

It seems pointless to get players and managers to sign contracts.Agnew had a year to go on his contract but wanted to spend more time with his family.No problem you can do that and then he signs for his local team and our rivals Airdrie.Ryan Wallace then decides he’s had enough yet he’s still on a contract.Should those in charge not respond to what’s going on at the club.

Surprised that East Fife released his registration to play for Airdrie as well as Assistant manager.....  especially as he was under contract,    it seems a little bit of being glad to get shot of a wage scenario......  With Wallace seemingly trying the same move, I would think East Fife would have to take a stand u unless there is problems behind the scenes,  I hope not.  Good club etc    ...