The East Fife Thread

Didn't see the match this afternoon but wouldn't look too much into it as with the squad they have, Kelty are a Championship standard team at the very minimum. 

But it doesn't change the fact that we desperately need some experienced additions to the squad. Dropping like flies now Murdoch injured along with Swanson (long-term) and McGuigan contract terminated. At this rate our bench, week-in week-out, will be the u20's.  

Just back from Kelty and it was appalling!!!
Kelty more than worth their 3-0 win and Fash could have had 4 or 5 before half-time, through space he created for himself and his teammates thankfully deciding not to pass to him!!!
We were much better, (although not by much) in the second half, but Kelty knew they had the game won and started putting loads of subs on and that kind of disrupted them for a while, but still we created nothing of note, one corner in the whole game and that was in the last five minutes and one attempt on target which was a rather powderpuff header!!!
At the moment it’s not looking good and I don’t seeing us having the personnel  atm to change that, we are at least 4 or 5 “quality” signings away from being safe from a relegation battle, really hope DY has something up his sleeve before the season starts or we could be going down!!!
Notes:
Thought Mercer looked wasted at left back and looked more like his old self when he was switched to the right after Murdoch’s injury, linked up well with Dunsy!!!
Davidson and McManus are too similar both ball winning midfielders, nothing was created through the middle at all, we haven’t replaced Agnew although I think the hope was for Swanson to slip in there but with his injury record we need somebody in there now rather hoping he recovers quickly!!!
Denholm is still like being a man down, offers nothing and creates nothing, Watt did more in the last 10 minutes when he came on for him!!!
Brown is a big strong laddie but I still haven’t seen anything to suggest he can cut it at this level!!!
Waldo was our best player but had a poor game by his standards and you could see him getting more and more frustrated as the game went on, he wasn’t getting the ball when he was getting into space and when he had the ball he had nobody making any movement to receive it, also had an injury scare in the second half where all those present realised that if he gets fucked we have absolutely nobody to replace him!!!
We should have kept Janny!!!
And there is no way that that keeper is better than Brett Long or even Jordan Hart!!!
And why does DY persist with no changes until the last 10 minutes, we had the opportunity to get back in the game in the second half but it wasn’t quite working, make changes earlier ffs when they’re required, don’t just cross your fingers and hope it works eventually until it’s then too late to change it!!!
It’s going to be a long hard season!!!

The players that were released last season was that to reduce the wage bill rather than on footballing merit.I was surprised at the ones we released when our left back at the time got a 2yr extension.No creativity in midfield  and we  are clearly short of quality.I can see Ryan Wallace getting more and more frustrated as the season drags on.

3 hours ago, monthefife said:

Didn't see the match this afternoon but wouldn't look too much into it as with the squad they have, Kelty are a Championship standard team at the very minimum.

At the very minimum? Which Kelty players would be anywhere near the Premiership?

3 hours ago, monthefife said:

1388AE71-CCEE-4D3B-A6AC-5BF816669BD9.gif

I’m hoping that we will be using the loan market to strengthen the squad as right now we are going nowhere but League 2. From the players we released at the end of last season we have downgraded with their replacements. We have been bodied already by Kelty and Arbroath I fear what Dundee United will do to us.

Young has a very important couple of weeks before the season starts.

Holy cow we are bad…

and that’s putting it lightly. Could of played till Christmas and never score. Absolutely nothing going forward and powder puff at the back. 

Our bench is hardly inspiring either. 

We desperately need 3-4 decent quality signings or it’s going to be a very, very long season. 

Not to be crazy or anything, but I haven’t seen any sign Mendy has signed, and he looked pretty decent at the end of last year versus Hearts. Just saying, think he’s sitting at home in France.

17 hours ago, flyfifer48 said:

Very poor today. Our keeper was awful does plenty of shouting but very little saving. Cost us two goals today

I liked big Scott Gallacher when he was at the Sons, but he's a very hot and cold kind of player. He'll have games where he's almost unbeatable (see 2018 Challenge Cup final) and he'll have others where he looks totally new to goalkeeping. When he made a mistake it was usually an absolute grade A howler and he'd go on to be shaky for the rest of the game.

Out of interest, did you guys punt Long or was it his decision to leave? I know Jordan Hart is taking some time away from football - but if you gave me the option of Long, Hart or Gallacher then I'd have Long and Hart before Gal every day of the week.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I liked big Scott Gallacher when he was at the Sons, but he's a very hot and cold kind of player. He'll have games where he's almost unbeatable (see 2018 Challenge Cup final) and he'll have others where he looks totally new to goalkeeping. When he made a mistake it was usually an absolute grade A howler and he'd go on to be shaky for the rest of the game.

Out of interest, did you guys punt Long or was it his decision to leave? I know Jordan Hart is taking some time away from football - but if you gave me the option of Long, Hart or Gallacher then I'd have Long and Hart before Gal every day of the week.

Totally  would have Long or Hart  before Gallagher.  I would probably have Davie Gorman before Gallagher and he is getting on a bit

6 hours ago, flyfifer48 said:

Totally  would have Long or Hart  before Gallagher.  I would probably have Davie Gorman before Gallagher and he is getting on a bit

Ernie Mcgarr is still about the club. 
Would give him the gloves, and Lindsay Hamilton can be back up