The East Fife Thread

1 minute ago, Rob Smith said:

I’ve never been as disappointed after just 1 game in to the new season. It’s  all starting to look all too familiar. Absolutely no chance that this squad can compete consistently this season. Most of us knew what was needed to replace the players that left and what do we get? 
Young doesn’t fill me with confidence and tonight’s performance was frankly disgusting and embarrassing. Bit early to jump to conclusions but Kelty won’t be shaking in their boots at that performance by us tonight 

23 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Unless something drastic happens I think we're really competing with Clyde and Peterhead to avoid the drop this season. 

Both Clyde and Peterhead took points off us last season and I think they have both got better players this season son we will be on our own at the bottom.

54 minutes ago, troy said:

How many shots hit the target after the goalie was red carded,not one.What was the defender doing when we lost the first goal .The midfield created nothing bar the penalty incident. Maybe been spoiled watching the euros.

I’ve no idea if Gold facies himself as a reliable understudy keeper, but there  was one way to find out and that simply didn’t happen. No deep crosses into the box, no shots from distance., no testing the stand in. As I recently said, we sorely miss a killer striker which was clearly evident tonight.

The  bench also looks a bit light and young.

Wee Linn was the best player on the park after he came on and I enjoyed the Arbroath commentary . Whit an ersehole. If any negative comments on Stephen Mill are mentioned, just let them listen to Arbroath TV, that should change their opinions.

Edited by Exiled Fifer

11 minutes ago, Exiled Fifer said:

I’ve no idea if Gold facies himself as a reliable understudy keeper, but there  was one way to find out and that simply didn’t happen. No deep crosses into the box, no shots from distance., no testing the stand in. As I recently said, we sorely miss a killer striker which was clearly evident tonight.

The  bench also looks a bit light and young.

Wee Linn was the best player on the park after he came on and I enjoyed the Arbroath commentary . Whit an ersehole. If any negative comments on Stephen Mill are mentioned, just let them listen to Arbroath TV, that should change their opinions.

Gold definitely doesn’t. He’s just your ultimate team player, kind of guy you’d fancy to step up when nobody else will. 

Fermer is great. You’ve got wrong end of stick I think, just light hearted and having a laugh. 

1st competitive game, but by all accounts a worrying performance. I still think the squad has regressed quite considerably from last season. We need a few quality signings within the next few weeks before the season gets underway.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Gold definitely doesn’t. He’s just your ultimate team player, kind of guy you’d fancy to step up when nobody else will. 

Fermer is great. You’ve got wrong end of stick I think, just light hearted and having a laugh. 

It was meant with tongue in cheek, eg when Kevin Smith was subbed, he said that’s Liam Smith  going off. Somebody told him the real identity and he laughed and said, dearie me, that’s me been calling  him Liam all night. I think he likes the name Liam, coz at one stage , the player on the ball was Liam Wallace, then later Liam Davidson, later Liam Dunlop.

Anyway, a deserved victory for The Lichties, very disappointing from EF.

On 25/06/2021 at 17:04, fatdoug1938 said:

The money flying about in League 1 is crazy and we've lost out on quite a few players already that are simply getting more from other teams.
I still think we can compete but top 4 is a distant dream and fans need to realise that before setting ridiculously high standards. I'd be very surprised if there are 2 or 3 teams with a lower budget than us. As it stands, staying in this league would be a good effort

Out of interest what two or three clubs do you think have a lower budget? What are you basing these thoughts on? If you are correct, would you agree that the manager is disadvantaged from the start assuming that bigger budget = better squad? More importantly, what can be done to increase playing budget in future seasons or will it always be mainly determined mainly by prize money gained from final league position and monies gained from cup competitions? 

I wonder if football clubs develop four/five year strategic plans that they work towards or if the environment is so unstable it is not worth it. When you look beyond first team results and league positions I wonder what the club’s main vision is and where it wants to go.