The East Fife Thread

36 minutes ago, WhoAmI said:

Cannot believe I am thinking twice about renewing but unfortunately I am. We are getting it drummed into us that the price is held at same level for last four years. After buying a ticket for a few seasons now despite the last 2 years I thought there might have been a deal on offer similar to the early bird for those supporters who have bought season tickets particularly the last 2 seasons and not had much return. As one who has always got a ticket early to take advantage of the early bird deal I Would be paying more this year than previously. Disappointed!!!

I can’t understand why ther isn’t the early bird offer

If Mercer plays as he did the last time he was with us, every winger in the League will be too busy defending against him to worry about anything else!!![emoji6]

Yet he won’t, as he has no pace whatsoever.

Maybe he’ll be different for you than he was for us, but he was a total let down last season.

Yet he won’t, as he has no pace whatsoever.

Maybe he’ll be different for you than he was for us, but he was a total let down last season.

Falkirk have a habit of turning decent players into very poor players though.

I like Mercer and was a good right back the last time around so quite happy with that signing, I’m assuming that will mean Dunsmore still playing right midfield then.

12 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Gallagher
Mercer, Murdoch, Higgins, Steele
Dunsmore, McManus, Swanson, Smith
Wallace, McGuigan
Subs: Watt, Newton, Davidson, Brown, Slattery, Dunlop, Denholm
We’re obviously going to have to actually sign another keeper, I doubt anybody is going to give us one on loan just to sit on the bench every week!!!

Personal choice but I can't understand why any starting 11 would not include Davidson. Also think Smith is now only going to be an impact  substitute 

Has Murdoch played CB before? I do like that as an option. If so, we may well be sorted at the back as far as new signings are concerned. That back 4 gives me much more confidence than last seasons. 

17 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Gallacher

Murdoch - Dunlop - Higgins - Mercer

Dunsmore - Davidson - Swanson - Watt

McGuigan - Wallace

A think with that starting 11 we are at risk being left behind along with other clubs.SP better get his finger out pronto.

2 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:
7 minutes ago, mo83 said:
A think with that starting 11 we are at risk being left behind along with other clubs.SP better get his finger out pronto.

Think that might be the best part time club side in history. Let's just pray they don't all stay fit!

We are 100% at risk and I sincerely hope that action  is getting taking now and not later.

7 minutes ago, mo83 said:

You should probably go back a few pages for the context of that post. 

33 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Gallacher

Murdoch - Dunlop - Higgins - Mercer

Dunsmore - Davidson - Swanson - Watt

McGuigan - Wallace

Has anybody ever seen Mercer play LB???

If he can indeed play there as well as he can on the other side then fucking hallelujah I’ll go with that line up!!!

Still think McManus is an improvement on Davidson, but Davidson has proved us all wrong before, we do miss him when he doesn’t play and King Kev will still play a large part!!!

If Kevin Smith is club captain and presumably does not play every game, who will be team captain.?

Higgins would be the logical choice!!!
And I’m sure he’s done it in the past when both Kev and Aggy were missing, unavailable or subbed!!!

48 minutes ago, sammytroot said:

If Kevin Smith is club captain and presumably does not play every game, who will be team captain.?

Chris Higgins is perfect if smith not playing but then your looking around at Ross Davidson etc...

I also noticed the under 20s are also have a friendly away to Kirkcaldy & dysart fc at Penman park according to their website on mon 21st June, with the under 20s not played for a year would be also good to see them play together. Be interesting to take note of those who were drafted in squad as a sub along with Newton through last season see how the rest of them do ahead of their league this term etc..

like Rbon stated I would imagine if fans aren’t back in June then streams will still be provided for both teams within the football club competitively or least highlights.

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer