The East Fife Thread

Probably for the best for both parties that TC left to gain regular games elsewhere he didn’t have the best season with us and didn’t do much at stenny other than impact sub. Means that we have a space to bring someone else in as a striker if needed or onloan like Jack.

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

5 hours ago, King Kebab said:

IMG_1622886329.517090.jpgIMG_3566.jpg

Am I reading this differently? This statement doesn’t state that Collins has been released, just put on the transfer list. Does that mean if he cannot find another club he will remain with the EF for his final year of his contract or has he actually been released? 

Just now, 7 Eleven said:

Am I reading this differently? This statement doesn’t state that Collins has been released, just put on the transfer list. Does that mean if he cannot find another club he will remain with the EF for his final year of his contract or has he actually been released? 

Probably has been placed on the transfer list given the fact he tried it out at stenny and they never signed him on a permanent contract. But it’s probably good for both parties in that sense, hopefully he can find a club at his level. 

good luck to the lad, it just hasn’t worked out.

1 hour ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Probably has been placed on the transfer list given the fact he tried it out at stenny and they never signed him on a permanent contract. But it’s probably good for both parties in that sense, hopefully he can find a club at his level. 

good luck to the lad, it just hasn’t worked out.

Probably due to the fact that he has one year left on his contract he cannot be released on a free transfer but would imagine that the club will let him go if a club comes along.

Maybe suit both parties if he moves on and we maybe tryin to get a small fee,unlike with aggy who,in my opinion disrespected us,we let walk away from a contract and signs for a rival team,don’t want to stand in his way but I’m sure we could’ve dug our heels in for maybe 5k,as I’ve said before we are too nice,a contract should work in the clubs favour too 

Edited by grant1903

I see that's Collins now confirmed away to Kilwinning. Good luck to him, a shame that it didn't work out. Based on his tweets, he and I were very much politically aligned. 

Am I right in saying Steele can play pretty much anywhere across the back line? I only remember seeing him once on the streams that I bought. I'll pop him in at LB for now, still think we need to maybe see an improved centre half come in, another goalie and maybe another player in the centre who's a bit more creative (depending on where Swanson will be playing this year, maybe another wide player). We're really not far away at all from business being done, loans permitting and it's the beginning of June, more than 5 weeks until our first game and we'd be ready to go.

Gallacher

Murdoch Dunlop Higgins Steele

Denholm Davidson McManus Swanson

Wallace McGuigan

Subs - Watt, Dunsmore, Newton, Smith, Brown, Slattery. 

Gonna be a really tough league this year, difficult to assess what the aims are going to be frankly. Play-offs always the aim I suppose but the league just gets stronger and stronger every year so I'd imagine safety is the priority. The cash flying around in the Lowland League really puts the clubs in the bottom half of L1 at risk of dropping down to L2 over the next 4-5 years. From a selfish point of view I'd rather that the introduction of these clubs with ambition* meant the leagues from Championship down were expanded to 14 teams with a split and expanded play offs to make it a bit more interesting and still give the majority of clubs in every league that "something to play for". 

*money-laundering cash burners

Not too sure why the club is not informing supporters/potential sponsors that player sponsorship is currently up for grabs. Some fans have already  sponsored players but there are still plenty opportunities available.

Go to www.eastfifeshop.com for details.

Fantastic signing from the club. These other clubs around us are going to have to make some serious signings otherwise they risk being left behind

You can guarantee Mercer will be left behind by every winger in the league

38 minutes ago, AndoFifer1903 said:

Fantastic signing from the club. These other clubs around us are going to have to make some serious signings otherwise they risk being left behind

Aside from the rivalry banter,    that East Fife side on paper looks decent all over the park,  recruitment done early, do you guys not fancy your chances of a play off place anyway...

1 hour ago, AndoFifer1903 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 hours ago, LauraEFFC said:

Cannot believe I am thinking twice about renewing but unfortunately I am. We are getting it drummed into us that the price is held at same level for last four years. After buying a ticket for a few seasons now despite the last 2 years I thought there might have been a deal on offer similar to the early bird for those supporters who have bought season tickets particularly the last 2 seasons and not had much return. As one who has always got a ticket early to take advantage of the early bird deal I Would be paying more this year than previously. Disappointed!!!

Gallagher
Mercer, Murdoch, Higgins, Steele
Dunsmore, McManus, Swanson, Smith
Wallace, McGuigan
Subs: Watt, Newton, Davidson, Brown, Slattery, Dunlop, Denholm
We’re obviously going to have to actually sign another keeper, I doubt anybody is going to give us one on loan just to sit on the bench every week!!!

You can guarantee Mercer will be left behind by every winger in the league

If Mercer plays as he did the last time he was with us, every winger in the League will be too busy defending against him to worry about anything else!!![emoji6]