The East Fife Thread

42 minutes ago, Sunshine Fifer said:

Is the Steele deal a 1 or 2 year deal ?

by sounds of things it’s probably a 12 month contract unlike the deals given to Collins, McGuigan, McManus etc.
I actually thought he played well out of the loanees we had when he came in for the final 4/5 games towards season ends according to transfermarkt he can play left back, centre back other words he’s very versatile among the back line. Thought he was outstanding at home v Dumbarton looked good on the ball and scored in that match though we’ve played him at right back and at centre back when Murdoch, Higgins and Watson was missing through suspensions/injuries likewise with cammy Dow he’s only 19 years of age still room for potential with this laddy and very surprised he’s been released by saints but I would like us to sign a more experienced pro for both the defence in regarding bringing another centre back and left back in.

Think we’re probably two or three players away from assembling a side for the forthcoming season but.

20 hours ago, East Fife is best said:

Excellent signing looked good in the last few games of the season

Morgyn Neill and Rico Quitongo away from Dumbarton wonder if we could in for either did we not offer Quitongo a deal last summer

More I think of it, they'd both be welcome. 

Morgyn Neill is someone I've noticed since he was at Stranraer, think we'd all prefer his defensive partner McGeever though, we've wanted him since Naysmith was our manager.

Happy getting Steele in, think he'll be good signing once he gets a run in the side.

Edited by Life on Marrs?

On 31/05/2021 at 09:07, The Moonster said:

Not sure if you're aware but there's been this pandemic thing that caused businesses to scale back in order to survive. It's almost over now and businesses may well be anticipating getting back to their normal levels. 

I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy in a club dumping all those who make a match day work, the little guys, the locals, those that all our clubs rely on, then being able to offer substantial wage increases to players from our level. I find it slightly immoral. 

Thanks for making me aware of this pandemic thing, better stock up on dried pasta & toilet rolls!

Edited by Life on Marrs?

Feel we need to hear some signing news over the next few day's or we could end up getting left behind with the quality of signings that some teams are managing to get we could be looking at the wrong end of the table this season

What quality signings? There is always a panic from supporters of all clubs that because we haven’t got a full squad within a few weeks of the season ending then we are going to struggle. There will be a lot of clubs higher than us who will release a lot of younger players to trim their wage bill so plenty time to bring in the right players.

Airdrie make another decent signing in Rico Quitongo getting very worrying with no new signing news

We could end up have to scrap around from Premiership u'20 relases or loan when we need solid experience at this level with the big spenders of Falkirk Queen's Park Cove and Airdrie all have most of ther squads signed up

26 minutes ago, East Fife is best said:

Airdrie make another decent signing in Rico Quitongo getting very worrying with no new signing news

We could end up have to scrap around from Premiership u'20 relases or loan when we need solid experience at this level with the big spenders of Falkirk Queen's Park Cove and Airdrie all have most of ther squads signed up

I wouldn't panic just yet, your side looks decent although I have said that the last 2 close seasons too,    For the record Airdrie currently have 6 players and one which will never see a jersey...

1 hour ago, East Fife is best said:

We've signed 5 new players and have a squad of 18 already not including anyone from the U21s. 

12 hours ago, East Fife is best said:

whoa whoa whoa tiger, take a step back and breathe.

We've got a handful of players signed, no "exciting" rumours and you have 3 x the signed players we have!   relax man, we're all in the same boat!

I think the club's strategy the last few close seasons, has been to get business done early, which had maybe filled the squad up leaving no room for any gems that may become available later on, ie players waiting to see if they can maybe get full time offers. 

I'm hoping we have the bulk of the squad in place & are keeping our powder dry over the next month ir so. That said, I don't feel we've brought in the same level of quality, so far with which we've lost.

Time will tell & I'm happy to be proved wrong on that. 

On 02/06/2021 at 10:11, East Fife is best said:

Feel we need to hear some signing news over the next few day's or we could end up getting left behind with the quality of signings that some teams are managing to get we could be looking at the wrong end of the table this season

Apart from maybe Falkirk can you tell me the quality signings we have missed out on or are just waiting for someone to sign them ?

I can understand people who panic and i do think we need to bring players in, but if it means taking our time to bring the right player in rather than rushing and accepting any player who becomes available i'm more than happy to wait. 

On 02/06/2021 at 21:10, Passionate said:

For the record Airdrie currently have 6 players and one which will never see a jersey...

After finishing 2nd last season, & reaching the play off final, were Airdrie needing that much surgery on their squad? I thought you'd have kept the bulk of your team together.

4 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

After finishing 2nd last season, & reaching the play off final, were Airdrie needing that much surgery on their squad? I thought you'd have kept the bulk of your team together.

To be frank we were poor and struggling until Turner and Paton came in,  then it came to life,  horrendous amount of players not contributing,    we have tried to keep the better players Kerr, McCann, McKay. Carrick,  but they see there futures elsewhere,  so it is turning into quite a bi g rebuild,   Still need 10 players just to compete,  there is quality about, maybe not for the wages we are paying though.....

to be fair to East Fife the squad on paper looks decent and settled,  although I have said that the last couple of seasons as well..