The East Fife Thread

Disgrace that Brett has gone to another team in our Division, I can get it if he had the chance of full time, or like Agnew, a move closer to home.

The new signings are hardly filling me with confidence either. Sean Crighton has been released by Airdrie, could he be the 'no nonsense' defender we crave?

Guest Peter LaFleur
2 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Sean Crighton has been released by Airdrie, could he be the 'no nonsense' defender we crave?

Only if you fancy paying Stenny a fee for him.

Disgrace that Brett has gone to another team in our Division, I can get it if he had the chance of full time, or like Agnew, a move closer to home.
The new signings are hardly filling me with confidence either. Sean Crighton has been released by Airdrie, could he be the 'no nonsense' defender we crave?
Disgrace...bit harsh on the lad no? Decent service he has given to East Fife.. Fancied a change and is probably going to get more of a wage.

8 hours ago, GableEnder21 said:
19 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Disgrace...bit harsh on the lad no? Decent service he has given to East Fife.. Fancied a change and is probably going to get more of a wage.

'Disgrace', not aimed at the lad at all. More at our own club for letting a fans favourite go to a rival club.

1 hour ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

What did you lot make of Craig Watson? Our announcement mentioned he could play defence or midfield without being much more specific so would be good to know the type of player he is as well.

Craig Watson is a wholehearted player who can do a job at centre back and full back.Like Brett Long, in my opinion a strange decision to release him.

9 hours ago, GableEnder21 said:
20 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

The word is he increasing his wage by a fair bit....but as always with these things, it's an unsubstantiated rumour only.

2 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

What did you lot make of Craig Watson? Our announcement mentioned he could play defence or midfield without being much more specific so would be good to know the type of player he is as well.

Not at all unhappy he's gone. Bit of a bombscare in defence 

2 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

I liked him. Played mostly at centre half for us and around a season at right back. Probably only filled in centre mid on the odd occasion. Probably fair to say he's more of a 'footballing' centre half, rather than your meat and potatoes cart horse type. Can be a bit mistake prone at times and loves to give away a penalty but overall he's a good League one defender and someone that's useful to have in your squad due to his versatility.

On 29/05/2021 at 19:19, As Easterly as it gets! said:

The word is he increasing his wage by a fair bit....but as always with these things, it's an unsubstantiated rumour only.

By the same Peterhead, that not that long ago were pretty vocal about having to let all their non-playing staff go, as they couldn't afford to keep them on?

10 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

By the same Peterhead, that not that long ago were pretty vocal about having to let all their non-playing staff go, as they couldn't afford to keep them on?

True. I dont know if they did pay off anyone other than match stewards and turnstile operators.

Of course unless you know what the lad was getting paid by EF , and what hes getting paid by PFC there is little point in arguing about the why & wherefore.

Substantial could be the difference between being paid 20 quid by EF , and 30 quid by PFC? 

10 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Not sure if you're aware but there's been this pandemic thing that caused businesses to scale back in order to survive. It's almost over now and businesses may well be anticipating getting back to their normal levels.