The East Fife Thread

4 minutes ago, happyrover said:

Have you guys heard anything about Mark McGuigan signing from Stenny? Was hoping he'd come back to us but looking unlikely. 

It seems we're always linked to McGuigan, presumably because Darren Young had him at yourselves. Would love to see him at Bayview.

If I remember correctly we were linked with McGuigan previously but I believe he had connections with Stennie in a youth community coaching capacity using Stennie equipment as well as playing for them but maybe he feels that it is time to move on!

IMG_1621016461.644325.thumb.jpg.b6b694df47b5421be0fdb0877cbe09e3.jpg

Worst kept secret in Methil, he’s been tapped by Darvel and has been wanting away for months!!!

Agnew was arguably our best midfielder over the last few years with us and will remain as 1 of the best lower league central midfielders. I think it was time for him to move on and we can’t really accommodate both him and Swanson. The squad can also do with a bit of a freshen up too.

Agnew will be 34 when the new season starts so only has a couple of seasons left to go so can’t blame him for moving on and wish him all the best he has been a great servant for us and scored some very important and cracking goals.

Overall Agnew would probably make it into my all time East Fife XI. Up until last season, he was phenomenal for us. For whatever reason, he's been nowhere near it this season though so if he wants away, I'm fine with that. No doubt one of our highest earners as well so hopefully the extra budget can be put to good use.

Rumours on the Stenny thread that Mark McGuigan on his way to Bayview. Could be a good signing. With Waldo and Kev already signed I believe, we would need one more striker. Rumours that Anton Dowds has been released from Falkirk. Would he be a welcome addition to our squad ?

Thanks for the memories Aggy, these free kicks were something else!

Glad he stayed as long as he did, as I always felt he was a bit of a mercenary at our level. The squad certainly needs a freshen up & I'd more annoyed if he'd signed for another league 1 side.

Rumours that Anton Dowds has been released from Falkirk. Would he be a welcome addition to our squad ?

He’s got another year left on his contract so I doubt we will have released him (although we’ve got previous).

However you’re more than welcome to have him back, if he agreed to forgo the final year of his contract with us to go back part time.

Great news regarding the manager staying, especially with Alloa, ICT, Falkirk, Queens Park & possibly Morton all looking for new management this summer. Surprised he's signed a 2 year contract, maybe realised he's better off staying P/T with his job outside football.

Hopefully McGuigan & a new deal for Brett Long are among those putting pen to paper this week. Would like to see Murdoch stay to, but if he's joining the Police, understandably he'll not manage to combine both. Mercer & Dowds are two I'd love to see back & If Robbie Leitch fancied Part-time  I'm sure could do a job.

Also like to see a no-nonsense centre back, a 6-footer plus who wins everything in the air, is a threat at set-peices & gives us a plan B of being more direct instead of taking a age to move up the park.

Not asking for much then!