The East Fife Thread

Heard that the players will be at Bayview on Saturday for an end of season get together/ farewell.

Hopefully the first part of the jigsaw ,ie managerial,will be resolved.DY has already stated that he will be speaking to some players and has identified new players for next season.This would seem to indicate that he is staying.

Both the Falkirk and Alloa jobs are up for grabs and he may consider that he could be in the running,especially Alloa,where he was team captain.

The last thing the BOD would want is to offer him a contract only for him to immediately move elsewhere.A bit like Barry Smith moving to Raith mid close season.

Personally I hope he does stay.

8 minutes ago, sammytroot said:

Heard that the players will be at Bayview on Saturday for an end of season get together/ farewell.

Hopefully the first part of the jigsaw ,ie managerial,will be resolved.DY has already stated that he will be speaking to some players and has identified new players for next season.This would seem to indicate that he is staying.

Both the Falkirk and Alloa jobs are up for grabs and he may consider that he could be in the running,especially Alloa,where he was team captain.

The last thing the BOD would want is to offer him a contract only for him to immediately move elsewhere.A bit like Barry Smith moving to Raith mid close season.

Thank for the update Sammy.

Yeah I had the feeling the manager may also look at other jobs potentially with Alloa coming back down but really hope he can stay on as Ef manager.
With the season now finished be interesting to see who goes or stays.

7 hours ago, sammytroot said:

Think the Alloa job  would be a step sideways, both clubs pretty well run part time teams now in the same division.  Surely if he  decided to move on it would have to be full time. Don’t know if Peter Grants managerial role was full time. Suppose Alloa might have a bigger budget than us. 

Last four seasons SPFL1 data adjusted for number of games. I haven’t bothered including  the split games as they seem to be classified as play-off games rather than regular season.

2525D614-EFD9-47BD-9E31-784BB2300595.jpeg

Edited by 7 Eleven

On 07/05/2021 at 22:58, Cosmic Joe said:

That's John Sludden up there with all the black and gold angels and saints. What a player he was. 

Sad news that. Sluddy signed around the time I started watching the Fife regularly in the1989/90 season. Couldn't run by the time he came to us, but boy could he score goals. My favourite player from that time, along with Joe McBride.

Great days, I hardly missed a game home or away then on the East Neuk supporters bus. 

R. I. P. 

Edited by Life on Marrs?

On 08/05/2021 at 09:53, 7 Eleven said:

Last four seasons SPFL1 data adjusted for number of games. I haven’t bothered including  the split games as they seem to be classified as play-off games rather than regular season.

2525D614-EFD9-47BD-9E31-784BB2300595.jpeg

Looking at the stats, clearly a year on year improvement. Today's team is certainly a lot better than 2017/18's.

Think we could disregard this season, as we went down the strategy of keeping as much of the squad as possible, taking advantage of the furlough scheme. No one knew how this season would pan out, or who would survive.

Rumour that Kyle Bell has been released and is going to Glenrothes!!!

A poor move for us and for him if true!!!

Real shame that injuries and covid have affected his progression for the past couple of years. Hopefully things work out at Glenrothes and he can kick on form there. Looked a really promising player.

That’s a mighty drop in standard for Bell who can certainly cut at it this level. Injuries have hampered his career so maybe a season rebuilding his fitness at a lower level with guaranteed game time isn’t the worst idea for him.