The East Fife Thread

Be too hard a decision by spfl to do that surely both Dumbarton and east fife would be calling for that given both teams will have space to do so the following week.

200.gif&key=6a786d49401f8d6a476b6f02f416a7ca143df2b5cc2bbac9a80adf253e7330absurely clubs could ask for it to be removed but?
We were due to play Dumbarton on Sat 17th but as we are in the next round of the cup the only available date for Clyde to play them is Thur 15th.

2 hours ago, Jack Burton said:
6 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:
Be too hard a decision by spfl to do that surely both Dumbarton and east fife would be calling for that given both teams will have space to do so the following week.

200.gif&key=6a786d49401f8d6a476b6f02f416a7ca143df2b5cc2bbac9a80adf253e7330absurely clubs could ask for it to be removed but?

We were due to play Dumbarton on Sat 17th but as we are in the next round of the cup the only available date for Clyde to play them is Thur 15th.

Ano mental clubs don’t have a say, it what pleases the top bosses tbf first time around for postponement matches in a short season and clubs have to follow suit but surely if Clyde, ef or Dumbarton has a free midweek instead this two midweek games in two days then surely they can sit down and work a better option for clubs and players fitness then they should ask for it to put forward for a later date but it’ll be too hard in SPFL case to do and see that option given Scottish cup and 22 game league one and two to finish for may.

3 minutes ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Ano mental clubs don’t have a say, it what pleases the top bosses tbf first time around for postponement matches in a short season and clubs have to follow suit but surely if Clyde, ef or Dumbarton has a free midweek instead this two midweek games in two days then surely they can sit down and work a better option for clubs and players fitness then they should ask for it to put forward for a later date but it’ll be too hard in SPFL case to do and see that option given Scottish cup and 22 game league one and two to finish for may.

I'm pretty sure that Thursday was kept open on purpose because it was the only free date before we hit the 18 games so if any clubs needed a postponement (as Clyde now do because they're in the 4th round of the cup), that date would be used.

7 hours ago, Forest_Fifer said:
8 hours ago, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:
Did I just read that East Fife colts will be playing in League 2 next year or am I back on the glue?

Check the date of the tweet...

Yes, my partner kindly pointed that out thank you. 

Sorry for the confusion people, there's always one.

There isn't any spare midweek dates. Thur 15th is the only date available for us to play Dumbarton. We will be playing Tue-Thur-Sat right up to the end of the 18 games.

It was the clubs that voted for this farce.

What a frustrating period to be a Fifer. Denied a perfectly fine goal v Cove for 2 more points, deservedly being hammered off Montrose for being rubbish all over the park, conceding a 91st minute penalty after battering a full-time team in the league above for the full game and then receiving a 95th minute sucker punch v another full-time outfit last night. Team really needs to learn to kill games off and that starts at the men at the top of the pitch all the way back to the GK's. Shoudl have been 3/4 up first half from what I saw. So much potential and with the league being so close they have such a great chance to actually do something this season. HUGE game tomorrow- mon the fife!

SS

Current EF squad

1. Brett Long (GK)

2. Aaron Dunsmore

3. Chris Higgins

4. Stewart Murdoch

5. Ross Dunlop

6. Craig Watson

7. Danny Denholm

8. Pat Slattery

9. Ryan Wallace

10. Kevin Smith

11. Scott Agnew

12. Danny Swanson

14. Liam Watt

15. Sean Brown

16. Ross Davidson

17. Greig Spence

18. Liam Newton

19. Miller Fenton

20. Cole McKinnon

21. Jordan Hart (GK)

Josh McConville & Aaron Steele will also be in the squad

All to predictable I’m afraid fold like a pack of cards at the business end of every season. Darren has had the full financial backing of the board but there is no improvement . We have been in this movie before you would think lessons would be learned but it’s going to be the same what might have been. 

41 minutes ago, fifer67 said:

All to predictable I’m afraid fold like a pack of cards at the business end of every season. Darren has had the full financial backing of the board but there is no improvement . We have been in this movie before you would think lessons would be learned but it’s going to be the same what might have been. 

Lose on Saturday and we're right in midst of being pulled into the relegation battle. 

The team selection backfired for us big time to tonight though we have won once away all season so hopefully have a reaction at forfar given it’s now every Saturday. Only positive was McKinnon was exceptional in midfield the only one in my 3-2-1 hopeful it’s in either Lee, Michaels or Dougs rating at the weekend as tonight result a lot worser than the previous two games with a chance of being third with this game in hand but I’m praying Airdrie, Mighty Mo or Thistle slip up in landed a po though need pick up points ourselfs crucially  as Clyde and Dumbarton are catching up and fighting for their lives, all to play for with four remaining before the spilt even at that if a team who does worse in top four spilt loses and the best team in bottom spilts wins the leagues much change in terms of placing too so let’s go again saturday.

With the split after game 18, am I correct in understanding that only the top five can compete for the automatic spot and three playoff spots and likewise the bottom five only compete for the automatic and playoff spots? I can’t believe they would decide otherwise, but it is the SPFL. Also, does anyone know if the PPG calculation, if necessary, is total or split home and away.

On 09/04/2021 at 07:55, Wee Jockie said:

I am not completely unintelligent.
But why oh why then does East Fife winning or losing matter as much as it does?

I think most fans share your pain.

It beats me how a team so good at home,unbeaten in the league, are so so shocking away from home - 3 points from 21.