The East Fife Thread

21 minutes ago, Rbon said:

Hamilton scores for Abroath. Good on him hope he makes a success out of himself.

He's the same Ilk of Shankland & Nisbet in my eyes. Put him at any level and he'll get goals. Only needs half chances or even makes his own chances

Edited by CoveRangers1922

3 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

He's the same Ilk of Shankland & Nisbet in my eyes. Put him at any level and he'll get goals. Only needs half chances or even makes his own chances

As a Scotland fan i want all our young players that are good enough to move on and be a smashing success. hopefully it'll only return good results for our National Team.

15 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Makes sense him stepping up a level & Livvy have to do what's best for their players development. Not sure how many chances he'll get at a team fighting at the bottom of the table though.

Know we’re bottom but could easily be sitting mid table IF we had a guy that could put the ball into the net. Only problem this season has been goals.

On 31/01/2021 at 01:00, 1320Lichtie said:

Know we’re bottom but could easily be sitting mid table IF we had a guy that could put the ball into the net. Only problem this season has been goals.

Aye. You guys are going to end up massive Jack Hamilton fanboys by the end of the season I suspect.

On 03/02/2021 at 09:37, Gordon EF said:

Aye. You guys are going to end up massive Jack Hamilton fanboys by the end of the season I suspect.

Might be the wrong place to ask this, but how is Jack Hamilton able to play for 3 clubs in one season? That's him played and scored for East Fife, Livi and Arbroath in a 6 month period, I always thought you could only play for two clubs in a season. Has that rule changed?

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Might be the wrong place to ask this, but how is Jack Hamilton able to play for 3 clubs in one season? That's him played and scored for East Fife, Livi and Arbroath in a 6 month period, I always thought you could only play for two clubs in a season. Has that rule changed?

Special dispensation due to Covid. I imagine it'll be back to normal next season.

On 10/02/2021 at 11:58, steakngravy said:

Was scrolling through the web sites and came across this,don't know if you have seen it but here it is anyway,enjoy.

I didn't realise you could change ends at old Bayview as recently as 89. By the time I went to my first game, the fence running down the middle of the terracing was closed off permanently. First time I've seen footage of East Fife supporters behind the goal at the school end.

I remember that Sportscene interview with Gavin Murray, those were the days!

That East Stirling footage confused me also, I don't remember home fans being able to stand in the School end either, take it you had to have entered the Grandstand first, as I can't remember old Bayview without the double fence running down the terracing? 

Always great when your club was featured on tv, I'm sure Paul Hunter scored the 2nd division's goal of the season around this time also.

A couple of years after this I remember going to Douglas Park, Hamilton, when Clyde were sharing there, me and my mates realised it was going to be on the highlights that night, so stood behind the goals, to get on tv that night. The 4 of us were the only people that stood out in the driving rain & the minute after we'd scored & made our tv debuts, joined the rest of the crowd under cover. No sure if any footage still exists, 30 years since I last saw it.