The East Fife Thread

Not ideal if we’re looking for a replacement for Hamilton do we sign someone in the hope of the season restarting or wait until we know for definite the season is coming back? 

id sign someone on the thoughts we’ll be back in three weeks but the club might want to wait and see. 

Edited by Rbon

24 minutes ago, Rbon said:

Not ideal if we’re looking for a replacement for Hamilton do we sign someone in the hope of the season restarting or wait until we know for definite the season is coming back? 

id sign someone on the thoughts we’ll be back in three weeks but the club might want to wait and see. 

I'd be astonished if we're back in 3 weeks time. 

Aggy obviously the “Star Man” in this week’s Team of the Week!!!
IMG_1610469819.974092.jpgIMG_1610469825.919105.jpg
You’d think that they would have mentioned the fact that although he scored three he set up the other two as well!!!

2 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

I'd be astonished if we're back in 3 weeks time. 

Neither do im. just generally wondering what others thoughts on us signing a player now or to hold of and wait. 

Edited by Rbon

3 minutes ago, Rbon said:

Neither do im. just generally wondering what others thoughts on us signing a player now or to hold of and wait. 

Keep looking for one, get a deal agreed but hold off signing until we know when we're back.

at the moment I would recall the strikers we have out onloan and if the season doesn’t start then we won’t be signing someone short term plus I like the thought of seeing Mackenzie back as he featured v Montrose in the 2-2 draw so the more game time as a third striker where if there’s no option out there then why not. The rest would have been recalled as I think all the leagues below championship level is called off.

5 hours ago, sammytroot said:

Or alternatively recall Collins from his loan.

Yeah there’s that one too but it’s shame as I don’t think the club knew we were in a position to see a three week shut down of the leagues. It’s probably frustrating for anyone connected to the club but probably right call with what it is coming to so no surprised.

Today, the supreme Court has ruled in favour of small firms receiving payments from businesses interruption insurance policies covering losses from the first national lockdown. Hopefully our own insurance policy is included in this. 

Fantastic foresight by our boardroom if this is the case. 

55 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Today, the supreme Court has ruled in favour of small firms receiving payments from businesses interruption insurance policies covering losses from the first national lockdown. Hopefully our own insurance policy is included in this. 

Fantastic foresight by our boardroom if this is the case. 

My thoughts entirely. The Chairman a few months ago stated that EF were one of the few clubs to have such a policy in place.

On another matter, does anyone know whether the clubs accounts for the year ending 31 May 2020 have been published./

On 15/01/2021 at 18:33, sammytroot said:

On another matter, does anyone know whether the clubs accounts for the year ending 31 May 2020 have been published./

Not yet when it is it’ll show up here https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC007902/filing-history

im thinking it may not be until the end of this month to the middle of next month until we see it.

• 2 weeks later...