The East Fife Thread

15 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Livvy have got 11 games in a 35 day spell, so probably want players back for that period. The statement says the door is open for him to come back. If he plays for Livingston, then he can't play for any other club this season other than us. 

Anyway, not the end of the world, good luck to him & thanks for the memories.

Reveal hidden contents

He’s already played for us this season, 0-0 draw against Rangers.

Although the rule you’re referring to has been amended to allow an extra club this season. He could play for another club and it would be allowed.

Damm that’s a blow but good luck to Jack and hope he makes a mark in the Premier League. With Collins also going I would think that Young will have a couple of players in the pipeline. That leaves us Smith and Wallace as our only recognised strikers so we can certainly do with at least 1 more addition.

Rumours of McGuigan potentially leaving Stenhousemuir...

DY has always had decent recruitment, maybe cutting it a bit fine to see someone in for tomorrow though. 

I think Mcguigan sounds very likely, given he played under the Gaffer at Albion. 

I know tomorrow's game is one of the only ones not either postponed, moved or subject to a pitch inspection, but is it not in any doubt? Forecast isn't looking good for tonight. 

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

He’s already played for us this season, 0-0 draw against Rangers.

Although the rule you’re referring to has been amended to allow an extra club this season. He could play for another club and it would be allowed.

I stand corrected on all these rule amendments. If we don't see Hamilton back at Bayview, then I hope he goes on to make it at Livingston. 

3 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Livvy have got 11 games in a 35 day spell, so probably want players back for that period. The statement says the door is open for him to come back. If he plays for Livingston, then he can't play for any other club this season other than us. 

Anyway, not the end of the world, good luck to him & thanks for the memories.

Reveal hidden contents

Changed to 3 clubs for this season.

All the best to the lad he's clearly too good for this level. I just hope we don't hang about in the hope we'll get him back at the end of the transfer window and we go out and find a replacement.

Edited by Rbon

Hard to know if Darren had any information that Hamilton would be heading back to Livingston. I would suspect not as I doubt if he would have sent Collins out on loan. That’s the problem of using the loan market you do not have any control of the situation. Good luck to the lad certainly heading back to a team in fine form. Difficult to see us replacing him with the same quality. Should be some wages in the pot with Bell , Collins and Hamilton all moving out this window. Leaves the squad a bit thin , so there will surely need to be some players in coming.