The East Fife Thread

Was hoping we can be Livingston new feeder club like stenny is to hibs in sending more players to us onloan. we’ve enjoyed the links we had with St Johnstone, Dundee United before in helping talent ie from Ali Coote to Jason Kerr.

any talks of signing? was hoping we hijack Kai Kennedy clearly good player that won’t get used by Gerrard sadly but no brainier to be joining another championship side onloan hopefully with aiden on this weeks cover for this game we see him play since I watched him play Stenhousemuir away in a friendly but dunno for who and I need no telling how bad we were last year and the year before that in thinking tranet will turn up to be walk in the park going by Dundonalds performance in the last round and with tranet top of the eos league we did get beat by Caledonian braves in a friendly all be it was at Strathclyde park on a cold Tuesday night at m&ds no one even noticed.

Plus Robinson goals are helping them win games too he was signed from east fife so developing jack for rest of the season to same loan as Jason Kerr will help him gain first team what’s the point sit behind all these forwards they have.

Collins going on loan, probably suits all parties, gives him a chance of regular gametime & we can see what he's made of. 

Regarding Mcguigan, would've played under the manager at Albion Rvs & certainly scored goals for Stenny when they were last in league 1, usually the sign of a good forward, scoring in a struggling team, haven't noticed his name the last year or so though. Would add much needed height to the line up too. 

getting in a left back - add strength to centre of the park and a striker would be nice.

mark mcguigan was stenny goal for man but yeah just rumours until it’s confirmed. I would keep the boys that are out onloan to remain onloan than wait until the 20s to start that way they are playing and gaining game time but I would keep Newton he’s played eight games in our first team, deserved his new contract and enjoying it when giving a chance.

On 06/01/2021 at 05:34, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Was hoping we can be Livingston new feeder club like stenny is to hibs in sending more players to us onloan.

Seriously? 

Even as a Rovers fan, I'm absolutely gobsmacked if the level of East Fife's ambition is to be a feeder club for a plastic franchise which has a core support of less than 1500 and has pretty much spent its way into near oblivion in every decade since its formation. 

Edited by Specky Ginger

8 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Seriously? 

Even as a Rovers fan, I'm absolutely gobsmacked if the level of East Fife's ambition is to be a feeder club for a plastic franchise which has a core support of less than 1500 and has pretty much spent its way into near oblivion in every decade since its formation. 

Perhaps no then, sounds bonkers we should be trying get up and playing the pars and Raith every week your right 😂

Having a relationship with a club at a higher level in the short term may well help us. It can't be ignored that at the moment Livvy are a midtable Premiership side, we are midtable league 1.

We've had a decent relationship with Hearts the last few years. 

Small steps though, as Livvy are a great example of what happens when a team grows too quickly. 

Being a feeder club is not where I want to be in the long term. 

9 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Seriously? 

We've been well run for a good number of years now, possibly the best run club in Scotland in terms of resources to output. We're owned local and make a tidy profit every year whilst making big payments every year to our outstanding debt. From L1 days to now, we've reduced the debt from about 2m to 400,000. 

Aren't Raith an absolute basket case of a club that was begging fans for more money at the start of the season? 

5 hours ago, sneed hearn said:

Totally against this.It would be the end of an independent identifiable club.For example, a link with Hibs  might give you 5 or 6 players from them.Why bother supporting your own club,you would be as well supporting Hibs.

I support the club that's represents the area I come from, not for what players they have. 

I don't want to see league 1 & 2 turned into feeder clubs essentially letting the old firms colts in in another guise. 

But if a club 2 leagues above us has a relationship where a young starlet can be loaned to us, that can only benefit us. Stenny didn't moan when Kenny Miller scored a barrow load for them & Preston feel a sense of pride in the part they played in Beckham's early development. Similarly if a guy comes in who isn't going to make it at a big club, comes in and likes what he sees with us & signs, it gives us an advantage over others. Is that not how Dunsmore & Murdoch ended up with us? 2 of our top players. 

I think the maximum loanee number is 3, but I don't want to dilute our independence, or stifle our own player's development either. 

Manager Davie Martindale said: I am absolutely delighted to have Jack back and available for our upcoming games as it gives us a different option up front and at the end of the day, Jack is a goal threat when he plays. 9 goals in 13 games for East Fife is a fantastic stat. 

“There’s no doubt that Darren Young and East Fife have been excellent for Jack and I’m sure that is a mutual opinion from their side too. I would like to thank them for allowing Jack’s loan deal to be cut short but will stress that there may be the option for Jack re-join them later in the window. 

“With us having an incredibly busy schedule coming up and East Fife scheduled for the Scottish Cup at the weekend, it made sense to bring Jack back in for our upcoming games as he wouldn’t have played for East Fife in the Scottish Cup this window anyway.

“I am delighted to have Jack back, a move which can only help us all as a team.”

Livvy have got 11 games in a 35 day spell, so probably want players back for that period. The statement says the door is open for him to come back. If he plays for Livingston, then he can't play for any other club this season other than us. 

Anyway, not the end of the world, good luck to him & thanks for the memories.

Spoiler