The East Fife Thread

FYI the stream for tomorrows game will be offered for free. I guess both clubs realise it's just a glorified friendly but credit to both sides for agreeing to it. Although if it's still being done through Pixellot some may argue free is still too much.

12 minutes ago, RiG said:

FYI the stream for tomorrows game will be offered for free. I guess both clubs realise it's just a glorified friendly but credit to both sides for agreeing to it. Although if it's still being done through Pixellot some may argue free is still too much.

That’s a nice gesture, well done to whoever made that decision!!!

Also shows up Livi who are still charging £15 for their “dead rubber” against Airdrie!!!

Word of warning, the Pixellot camera has been largely dreadful for us this season. We've missed three goals already (one for Ayr, one for Arbroath and part of one for ICT) and I'm sure you've heard about the bald linesman fiasco. Hopefully there have been some fixes or we might be trying a new camera setup. Also, the SPFL website used to access the game is pretty rotten as well so give yourself a bit of time to get setup on Saturday :)

Daniel Church my friends. Talk to me.

Disappointing, I think sums him up!!!  

There’s a player there somewhere, we just didn’t see it when he was with us!!!  

Will be eternally remembered for costing us 2 points at Starks Park last Season when he actually ducked out of the way of a speculative cross into our box and the resultant free header gifting them an undeserved draw!!!

Better going forward than actually defending, which is half of what a LB should be bringing to the party!!!

Wish the guy well, but really there was no tears shed when his time with us came to an end!!!

Disappointing, I think sums him up!!!  There’s a player there somewhere, we just didn’t see it when he was with us!!!  
Will be eternally remembered for costing us 2 points at Starks Park last Season when he actually ducked out of the way of a speculative cross into our box and the resultant free header gifting them an undeserved draw!!!
Better going forward than actually defending, which is half of what a LB should be bringing to the party!!!
Wish the guy well, but really there was no tears shed when his time with us came to an end!!!

'Slumps into chair'

What’s going on this season? Sounds like we were very poor again with little created.

After 5 games last season we had scored 12 goals and conceded 6 compared to only 5 scored and 10 conceded this season, So we are way behind in both counts. Do we rely too much on Agnew? He’s probably our best creator but since we play 4-4-2 most teams now a days have 3 central midfielders so he can be easily nullified. He’s approaching his mid 30’s now too so can’t expect the same amount of returns we’ve had over the years. Swanson would have been brought in to support Agnew, but doesn’t look like he will be returning anytime soon and again he’s not going to get around the pitch as much as he used too.

On current form we will be nowhere near the promotion play offs, and we need to change things up sooner rather than later. I feel that teams have certainly exploited our weaknesses and we need to tweak things. I wouldn’t mind us trying a 4-3-3 and give Davidson and Agnew a bit of support in there. Our next 4 games will ultimately shape our season.

Not quite worried about a dogfight just yet but playoffs are looking distant. We have been dealt a terrible hand in terms of fixtures this season but it gets the harder games out the way I suppose. I do think the current top 4 will stick and its gonna be very hard for any team to break that. It was always gonna be a harder season. As decent as Hamilton is, you can see we are missing Dowds.